Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 01-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #176
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon1 View Post
When I plopped down in my recliner and broke the ass end out of it!
We had this happen to our couch after less than two years – on the side where we most often sit first one spring broke off then another. I was not willing to spend the money on a new couch so soon, so I un-stapled the fabric on the bottom so I could see inside, and found framing at appropriate places front and back such that I was able to screw in a nice strong piece of plywood. It worked out pretty well, the springs are still in there and have their arced shape, they just rest on the plywood on the loose end now, which means there is still some springiness (and the padding in the seat above that), but then there is a firm support too. Now we all use that end of the couch by preference because we find it more comfortable than the end where the springs didn’t break – I really should put a board in on the other end too.

No idea if that would be a possibility for you or not.

(because an ass of destruction shouldn't always mean having to buy new furniture!)
Old 01-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #177
Deannie

Deannie does more than just post hot picsDeannie does more than just post hot picsDeannie does more than just post hot pics

I guess I really noticed when I needed a seatbelt extender when flying.
Deannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:13 AM   #178
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deannie View Post
I guess I really noticed when I needed a seatbelt extender when flying.
Is that a bad thing in your opinion?
Old 01-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #179
Deannie

Deannie does more than just post hot picsDeannie does more than just post hot picsDeannie does more than just post hot pics

No, it is just that it is almost a public statement. Sitting down, realizing, putting the call bell on, asking and waiting...all while other passengers are waiting.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #180
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
No, it is just that it is almost a public statement. Sitting down, realizing, putting the call bell on, asking and waiting...all while other passengers are waiting.
My wife hates flyes no for this reason. She lost weight at one point and didn't need that extender but now the pounds are back and they brought some friends. She's not too thrilled with herself about this, despite having a husband that fawns all over her.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #181
Deannie

My husband discreetly asks the flight attendant for me when we get on the plane now. That helps. Knowing that he takes the middle seat and loves feeling me next to him helps as well. There is no random passenger to complain about me taking up too much room. Travelling with him is so much better.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:57 PM   #182
drxprime

drxprime has said some nice things

It's possible to buy an extender too if you don't want to ask the airline for one. They even come with a little card that says it's yours.
drxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:26 PM   #183
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

I just keep on having to buy new pants, bc my old ones get so tight. I keep going up sizes.
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:13 AM   #184
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
The last time I flew it was from Las Vegas to Philly. And the lovley lady next to me had to request a seat belt extention. She kept on apologizing to me and was clearly uncomfortable. I told her there was nothing to worry about, and I apologized to her because our legs etc kept on bumping. I told her that my wife needs the same thing. It made her feel more comfortable. Even though I'm not married I just wanted to make her feel better.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #185
Rockhopper12

Rockhopper12 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
We had this happen to our couch after less than two years – on the side where we most often sit first one spring broke off then another. I was not willing to spend the money on a new couch so soon, so I un-stapled the fabric on the bottom so I could see inside, and found framing at appropriate places front and back such that I was able to screw in a nice strong piece of plywood. It worked out pretty well, the springs are still in there and have their arced shape, they just rest on the plywood on the loose end now, which means there is still some springiness (and the padding in the seat above that), but then there is a firm support too. Now we all use that end of the couch by preference because we find it more comfortable than the end where the springs didn’t break – I really should put a board in on the other end too.

No idea if that would be a possibility for you or not.

(because an ass of destruction shouldn't always mean having to buy new furniture!)
I'll give what you said a try! Had another one snap loose when I sat down other day. Probably gonna wind up trashing it. Chair came from big lots. Not the best quality... May invest in a lane or lazy boy and see how they do
Rockhopper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #186
balletguy

All of my T shirts are now like half shirts or they fit like spandex.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:49 PM   #187
NOLAman

NOLAman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNOLAman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Good Question-I had a fairly muscular athletic build in my teens/20s, at about 6'0" and 195 lbs. In my 30-40s, I didn't really see myself as getting fat (although I was)because my upper body stayed about the same as my belly filled out. Now, at 240 or so, I basically look barrel-chested, and my waist has gone from 32" to 42". At some point along the way, I realized Im really just a fat guy now-not a muscular guy. not sure exactly when.
NOLAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #188
Heavy Cat

Heavy Cat can now change their title
Default Bakery Boy

Ha-ha! I REALLY started getting fat working in a bakery (still do) and part time in a candy store 16 years ago. Weighing in at 580# now. But fat most of adult hood prior.
Heavy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:25 AM   #189
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In a piece I wrote back in my early thirties, I mused that at that age, if I stayed active, I could probably down-hill ski at three hundred pounds (albeit more slowly and carefully, and the overall point that I was making was that as I got older that surely would be less likely to be the case).

I had to adjust ski binding tension a couple of days ago so was looking up the chart. It bases tension on weight, height, and boot size. I realized that the heaviest weight listing on the chart was “210+ lbs.” At just under 230 currently I felt safe enough using that setting*, but it drove home a few things:
- That even if I’d been strong enough and fit enough to handle downhill skiing at three hundred pounds, I might not have been able to find equipment to let me do so safely (skis that were constructed appropriately, bindings strong enough to hold me in place during normal turns and stops, boots wide enough in the calf for fat legs).
- That even at my current weight, I’m fatter than sports equipment manufacturers care about – they just assume, I suppose, that people this fat make up a tiny portion of their overall market, so don’t worry about them much.
- And in turn: “wow, I’m fat!” (granted far less fat than many people here, but fatter than has been my experience in life so far.

* technically you are supposed to use the lower tension of the setting for your height or your weight, but given my modest height of 5'8" the resulting tension values were so substantially different that I blended them. And no, you aren’t supposed to adjust the tension yourself--if you listen to any manufacturer or trained technician.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #190
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Kinda had one of these moment when I was looking for things for my flat... I found this cute little storage/seat combo thing, one of those ones you can put things inside and then sit on the lid. Looking at them though... they looked a lot more flimsy than I remembered. And yeah, sure enough, the maximum weight limit on all of them was 80kgs. Which is roughly what I am, I think? Certainly I don't wanna risk it and end up crushing the chair and hurting myself. But, er, yeah. Being too heavy for things.

(also, a small part of me wants to test the integrity of these seats using an array of BBW/BHM of different weights to see exactly how much they could hold beyond the suggested 80kg limit; any volunteers? =p )
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #191
balletguy

My clothes just keep getting tighter and tighter.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #192
DaveTheBrave

DaveTheBrave has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Kinda had one of these moment when I was looking for things for my flat... I found this cute little storage/seat combo thing, one of those ones you can put things inside and then sit on the lid. Looking at them though... they looked a lot more flimsy than I remembered. And yeah, sure enough, the maximum weight limit on all of them was 80kgs. Which is roughly what I am, I think? Certainly I don't wanna risk it and end up crushing the chair and hurting myself. But, er, yeah. Being too heavy for things.

(also, a small part of me wants to test the integrity of these seats using an array of BBW/BHM of different weights to see exactly how much they could hold beyond the suggested 80kg limit; any volunteers? =p )
80kgs??? 175lbs?? You don't even have to be fat in order to exceed that. A lot of regular-sized men would hit that.
DaveTheBrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:48 AM   #193
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheBrave View Post
80kgs??? 175lbs?? You don't even have to be fat in order to exceed that. A lot of regular-sized men would hit that.
I know, right? I was kinda exasperated at that as it was a product sold for, like, adults and not children or anything. But apparently if you are anything other than a child or a slender woman, it is going to collapse under you. Seems like great product design there.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #194
CassieLyons

CassieLyons has said some nice things
Default When I

I started gaining after my ankle surgery but never really figured out I was fat until after freshmen year of college when I looked at some pictures I had been tagged in!
CassieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #195
balletguy

I keep growing out of my pants...
Old 05-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #196
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletguy View Post
I keep growing out of my pants...
I keep several sizes of pants in storage for just such situations.

I'm down again, mostly due to being sick twice since the new year, but I always notice when I've gained when my belt buckle starts to angle forward.

\

Like that.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #197
yrmangledheart

yrmangledheart has said some nice things

I've always had fantasies about growing but simultaneously had doubts and my weight has always fluctuated around 210lbs being the average. I've lost weight down to around 175lbs a couple of years ago and due to an active life-style kind of maintained it.

For the last 6 months I've been in a committed and happy relationship, started taking SRRI's for anxiety and drastically reduced smoking cigarettes from multiple daily to a weekly treat or so. The combo has seen me go right back up to my highest weight but whilst I normally hover around 210 I can feel that my body is not plateuing and I'm going to break through. Most of my t-shirts from my slimmest days are a medium and none of them fit at all now. Larges that used to be baggy feel like the correct size now and some are feeling snug. Can't wear any of my jeans around my waist.

Feeling torn - feel tired and don't have the money to replace my clothes, barely any of which fit comfortably. However, the thought of busting through that plateau, saving a bit, buying a bunch of bigger clothes and accepting the mounting pounds is pretty appealing.
yrmangledheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #198
Tad
mostly harmless

Had a 'guy's weekend' this past weekend, and we'd had some tentative plans for some outdoor activities -- which all got scrapped because it was raining steadily and not all that far above freezing. Looking for something to do to get us out of the house we were staying at, someone found an indoor go-karting place not too far away. I know I'm not that much of a speed demon, and figured that my weight would slow the acceleration compared to others, so I was expecting to be one of the slower drivers. That much was true, but I hadn't foreseen a couple of other issues.

- the seats have hard plastic sides, to keep you from sliding out of the kart on turns -- and I could just barely wedge myself in there.

- and speaking of turns, I was sliding on turns all the time, even when following the same line as someone else, at the same speed. Trying to pull my greater mass around the turn means more more lateral force needed between tires and floor, which meant that I just couldn't pull as tight/fast corners without sliding (which robs you of speed).

So I wasn't quite to fat to go carting, just too fat for it to be all that enjoyable.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #199
plushkitty

plushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot pics

-I went to the optometrist today for the first time in three years. Last time I fit in the exam chair just fine, despite being more than a bit chubby. Today I had to really squish to get my fat butt between the armrests!

-I can definitely feel myself jiggle as I walk now. When I stop my belly keeps moving for a split second!

-The biggest underwear size sold at Lane Bryant is getting too small for me.

-It's getting harder to bend over and buckle my sandals or paint my toenails. I can still do it, but maybe not this time next year...

-It's impossible to hide my double chin anymore. It's visible regardless of the angle I hold my head at.
plushkitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #200
SSBHM

SSBHM can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSSBHM can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSSBHM can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default plush kitty you know how to turn a guy on

Just sayin

I think I am always amazed when my shirts start to pop open, and then it gets too hard to button them. Tee shirts of course stretch, but start to climb up more and more too as I gain.

Could it be that a 5X isn't made as big as it used to be?
SSBHM is offline   Reply With Quote