Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #276
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

(d.) Hi, Rebecca. I see you're wearing a crucifix. Are you a virgin? Because we're celebrating a black mass this evening...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:21 PM   #277
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Something written by Steve Martin:

Schrodinger's Cat
A cat is placed in a box, together with a radioactive atom.
An amusing (if less plausible sounding) parody of all this can be found in any modern quantum-physics textbook.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #278
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33995842

Can't believe they actually did it. I just saw Laibach a few months ago - they have been one of my favourite bands since the mid 90's.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #279
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was reaching in my closet on the left hand side and on the right out of my vision a belt slid from the top shelf down along the wall making this dropping rustling slide for the length of the belt (mind you this lasted a while due to the length of my belts). The thought that pops into my head when I hear this: SNAKE IN MY CLOSET! Because clearly that was the most likely cause of the sound.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #280
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Perfectly rational response, really.

- if it was a snake, reacting that way may save your life.
- it if was not a snake, reacting as if it were a snake is not apt to cause you any harm (other than your dignity, but survival instincts can be oddly uncaring about dignity)
Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 AM   #281
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Long snake

I dont know - i mean half the stories of snakes in toilets seem to have come from NY...dont know why i feel that way, i mean it is totally unjustified.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #282
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I dont know - i mean half the stories of snakes in toilets seem to have come from NY...dont know why i feel that way, i mean it is totally unjustified.
Absolutely. I lived in NY for four years, heard all the snake stories, and none of them held up. You need to watch out for the piranhas, though.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #283
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

The first annual philosophy department party is called "kegging the question."

I like these people already, despite being in for 2 years of bad puns.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #284
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
The first annual philosophy department party is called "kegging the question."

I like these people already, despite being in for 2 years of bad puns.
Ale say it: I feel like we have been preparing you for this, for years ;-) You can come back lager and tell us how beery grateful you are for the tolerance we've helped you build up
Old 08-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #285
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

The following text message conversation with my vegetarian animal rights nut friend.

Strst= start. You try typing on a phone with these sausage fingers.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:30 AM   #286
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Perfectly rational response, really.

- if it was a snake, reacting that way may save your life.
- it if was not a snake, reacting as if it were a snake is not apt to cause you any harm (other than your dignity, but survival instincts can be oddly uncaring about dignity)
Further possibility -- one of your belts has been a disguised snake all along, and you caught it out of character.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #287
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Further possibility -- one of your belts has been a disguised snake all along, and you caught it out of character.
Perfect, thanks a lot. Now you've got me too scared to wear a belt. I will be walking around with my pants precariously balanced around my ample hips or more specifically around my passion banisters.1

References:
1- Tankyguy, 18 August 2015 comment on "Any Way You Want It Thread" post number 332 Dimensions Forums http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101185&page=14
Old 08-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #288
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Perfect, thanks a lot. Now you've got me too scared to wear a belt. I will be walking around with my pants precariously balanced around my ample hips or more specifically around my passion banisters1.

References:
1- Tankyguy comment on "Any Way You Want It Thread" post number 332Dimensions Forums August 2015 http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...101185&page=14
My plan to encourage suspenders/braces is working!
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #289
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Perfect, thanks a lot. Now you've got me too scared to wear a belt.I I will be walking around with my pants precariously balanced around my ample hips or more specifically around my passion banisters.1

References:
1- Tankyguy, 18 August 2015 comment on "Any Way You Want It Thread" post number 332 Dimensions Forums http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101185&page=14
I'm love the term but I'm loving the proper, academic quality reference there even more!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #290
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
My plan to encourage suspenders/braces is working!
All i can say is yum!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #291
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Signet had decided he is not only part of the Aussie Posse, he leads it. That includes gettinga bone which he chews on while the other dogs chew theirs.

He is so badass.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:00 AM   #292
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Signet had decided he is not only part of the Aussie Posse, he leads it. That includes gettinga bone which he chews on while the other dogs chew theirs.

He is so badass.
Well of course he leads it, what else would his role possibly be? =p
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #293
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
I was maintaining one of my credentials by doing those stupid online courses. This is a legit, word for word transcription of the question.

You are about to start an interview. How should you put the candidate at ease?

a) "Good morning Rebecca. I'm the owner of the hotel. Please have a seat. I don't want to waste your time so let's get started. I expect you to answer all my questions promptly and honestly."

b) "Lovely to meet you Rebecca. I own this hotel. Can I take your bag for you? And would you like some water - it can get a little dry in this room."

c) "Hi Rebecca, nice to meet you. You're wearing a crucifix. I'm very glad to see that - I'm a Christian myself."

Omg. WTF? lmfao...
You'd be surprised how many people miss the question, at that. Sure, it should be obvious that b) is wrong -- you're not there to put her at ease, you're there to interview her -- but c) is a common misstep from people who try to be "conversational" and just wind up at "overly familiar".
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #294
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Ironically b is actually the correct answer (as per the content of the course) because the whole thing is soft skills to make people open up and talk. There thing is you learn nothing from closed questions, so make them comfortable talking so you can ask open ended questions. The idea was "are you good at task x?" Vs "tell me about a time when you needed to take charge - what would you have done the same or differently?"
Old 08-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #295
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Ironically b is actually the correct answer (as per the content of the course) because the whole thing is soft skills to make people open up and talk. There thing is you learn nothing from closed questions, so make them comfortable talking so you can ask open ended questions. The idea was "are you good at task x?" Vs "tell me about a time when you needed to take charge - what would you have done the same or differently?"
Ironically... this is how most people converse (not conversation as people tend to say.. ugh like nails on a chalk board) with friends.

Very rarely do friends ever ask closed questions of each other.

My guess is.. this is what they want..make people.feel.like they are chattung with a friend. You would be surprised how often people over share during interviews because of this approach.. lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2015, 04:18 PM   #296
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Ah! Well, that's what I get for not being trained. At least I proved one thing -- it's easy to get the question wrong.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #297
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Tha what's pissing you off today thread
Old 08-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #298
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I went to the nutri initial yesterday and was explaining to her things I can't eat.. she said.. you have a sensitive stomach.. I told her.. sometimes I have a stomach.. sometimes I have 2 assholes... she looked at me like wtf?..

So I explained... sometimes my stomach is great.. behaves.. then other times it doesn't want to be a stomach.. it decides it rather be an asshole and push everything out...

She just about died.. her face was so red... lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #299
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I texted my sister: "entertain me, beeatch!" And this is what she sent back
Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #300
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

She also sent me this pic.

Apparently he gets all messy wouldnt clean himself and wouldnt let them brush him either, so she "took it all away so that all the other cats would see his shame) (she is a groomer). Poor Wilson lol.

Tags
gum disease