Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-03-2016, 09:48 AM   #851
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2016, 09:27 PM   #852
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Jon and I just saw Doctor Strange. It was a great movie, lots of laughs!
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #853
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

This made me laugh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14716286_1551800114846123_712114558701072146_n.jpg (26.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #854
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...kamnGfnv2Z7PSA

Quote:
At $666, The World’s Most Expensive Burger Is Served with a Side of Shame
For the few who truly want to put their money where their mouth is, behold the "Douche Burger."
Quote:
Franz Aliquo, the truck’s owner, deconstructed the burger with stunning eloquence. “It consists of “a fucking burger filled and topped with rich people shit,”
Old 11-06-2016, 04:19 AM   #855
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Somebody just called me a pissant. As much as I know that is in insult, I can't help being amused by the word.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #856
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

In my defense, you knew there would be consequences when you said Coke was better than Pepsi...
Old 11-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #857
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Being vegan and a non feeder and winning 1.5 lbs of fudge at a fundraiser type thing on Saturday. I never win anything and when I do...
Old 11-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #858
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
Being vegan and a non feeder and winning 1.5 lbs of fudge at a fundraiser type thing on Saturday. I never win anything and when I do...
Fudge is made of meat? I'm so confused!
Old 11-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #859
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fudge usually has eggs, vegans don't eat egg.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #860
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Fudge usually has eggs, vegans don't eat egg.
You're an egg.

Important question; Can vegans swallow?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:57 PM   #861
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
You're an egg.

Important question; Can vegans swallow?
Me whenever I get asked that question.....

Old 11-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #862
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
'But you'll put one type of meat in your mouth, right?' is probably the variation of this I hear most often!

Also, lol, no I wont.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:27 AM   #863
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXF2j5JAds
I love you so much hahah
Old 11-07-2016, 06:19 AM   #864
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Allow me to stir the pot if you will. Why vegan? I understand the health benefits for some people with a vegetarian diet or even better for many a lacto-ovo, or even lacto-pesco vegetarianism but what is the reasoning for going quite so hardcore?
Old 11-07-2016, 06:48 AM   #865
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I think most vegans go that route for ethical reasons. Although there is also the "heart attack proof diet".

According vegans human milk and semen are both acceptable to eat if they are given consensually. I researched it, vegan chicks can swallow.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 AM   #866
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
I think most vegans go that route for ethical reasons. Although there is also the "heart attack proof diet".

According vegans human milk and semen are both acceptable to eat if they are given consensually. I researched it, vegan chicks can swallow.
What, are there cases of people eating it without the producer's consent?

Actually, you know what, nobody answer that. I don't even want to know.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:17 AM   #867
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have vegan friends but tbh i rarely go out to eat with them. It's such a chore it makes hanging out difficult, so we just chose to do other things.

Veganism only bothers me when the person either feels entited to lecture you OR they eat things with egg or other animal products and don't know. Went out to eat with one friend at an italian place and she ordered pasta. I was like...it has egg in it. The waiter didn't even know until the chef came out and was like no duh it has egg lol. Or another friend ate jello. I was like ummmmmmm lol

I seem to be going towards not eating meat (but lots of milks and cheeses) because the meat protein doesn't agree with me. Hubby says if we win the lottery we are going to Sweden to have them test me in every way possible to figure out what gut bacteria i am missing =p

And the reason that made me laugh is that in cyberpunk that is where everyone goes for the crazy cybernetic surgeries, because you lose the least humanity!
Old 11-07-2016, 07:20 AM   #868
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Let me preface this by saying it's not meant to be argumentative. It really is a question from ignorance and a request for information. But what is unethical about milk and eggs? A hen is going to lay an egg whether there is a rooster around to fertilize it or not and with no rooster that laid egg will never ever become a chicken. So why let that excellent source of nutrition rot and go to waste? Also, milk is renewable and sustainable and doesn't harm the cow outside of perhaps some discomfort during the milking process and once again it's an excellent source of nutrition.

ETA: The fact that both of those sources of food are completely sustainable and neither animal or any other connected to them have to suffer or die to produce the food make those two things probably some of the most ethical things one could eat from my point of view.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #869
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Most commercial farming operations breed the cow, then slaughter the baby for veal, so the cow produces milk and the baby doesn't drink it all. Then the cow dries up, rinse and repeat.

And most commercial chicken operations are pretty nasty about how they treat the chickens. Chickens are violent with each other jn closed spaces so they remove their fingers and beaks in some places.

Now, there can be success with non commercial operations, but not in the volume the US consumes.

We try and buy from farms that let the animals live comfortably...and when theg die it's just one bad day, not a lifetime of suffering.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #870
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I love eggs, cheese and meat but the farming industry is pretty cruel. It's also unhealthy, the reason game red meat like venison, buffalo etc... Is low in fat compared to beef is that modern cows were selectively bred to be fat.

Quote:
Chick culling is the process of killing newly hatched poultry for which the industry has no use. Due to modern selective breeding, laying hen strains differ from meat production strains. As male birds of the laying strain do not lay eggs, they are generally killed soon after they hatch[1] and shortly after being sexed. Methods of culling include cervical dislocation, asphyxiation by carbon dioxide and maceration using a high speed grinder.[
Wikipedia
Old 11-07-2016, 07:45 AM   #871
LeoGibson
Slangin'

All of that is true. But you don't have to go the factory farm route.Yes, it is a little bit more expensive. But not so much that you can't still do it if that's how you feel.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #872
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Honestly, I think rigorously sticking to those requirements for being truly cruelty free would be way more work than just not eating the stuff. Depends on how rural the area you live in is I guess, how accessible this stuff is. Last time I took a trip out to the country every 3rd place seemed to be selling eggs from the chickens they had running around.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:10 AM   #873
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Well in truth, unless you make that effort nothing is cruelty free. Unless your using your own garden or have a local farm that painstakingly does things by hand in small batches you're going to directly contribute to the death of sentient creatures. Have you ever seen the amount of buzzards that circle fields where crops have just been plowed, planted, or harvested? They're not there for the leftover grains. They're there for the multitude of rodents, snakes, ground nesting birds, fawns, possums, coons, etc. that are killed by the machinery that does the work. Not to mention the indirect deaths from taking of natural habitat for farming, runoff into streams, or trucking it long distance and everything that goes along with that. The truth is unless you can figure out a way to live on air and water alone then unfortunately something has to die for humans to live. It is up to us to try an find a way to do that as peacefully, ethically, and sustainably as possible.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #874
loopytheone
Administrator

I was going to say about how awful egg and milk farms can be. I actually did a fair bit of study into them as part of my degree (for a bioethics course, in fact!) and yeah, the animals involved in mass-producing these products aren't treated well. Not to mention the breeding involved often results in things like chickens that can't walk due to broken legs as they are bred to use all their calcium in the egg shells and not in their bones. Not something I like to support if possible.

That said, I do eat eggs and dairy in small amounts, mostly because it is so difficult for me to eat a balanced diet due to other dietary restrictions and trying to restrict it even further just makes me ill. Also, I struggle very much with having the energy to eat and a lot of easy-to-eat foods involve dairy/eggs.

As for being vegetarian, I've been vegetarian since I was 5 and have had a fair amount of meat eaters verbally attack me over this choice, which is ironic given how much people complain about vegetarians/vegans judging others. I've had several people get genuinely angry with me for not wanting to eat meat, even though I have no problem whatsoever with other people eating it (my family 'tradition' is working as butchers).

The only situation in which I would get angry with somebody is if they thought it was 'funny' to trick me into eating meat without me knowing it. That isn't funny, at all, it's incredibly disrespectful to a person's beliefs and there's no two ways about it, if somebody (family, friend or acquantice) did this to me I would never speak to them again. But that's more of a trust issue than anything.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #875
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I'm not certain I would compare animals being accidentally hit by farm equipment to tossing every male laying hen into a macerator an instant after birth. We should continue this argument over steaks later.

Tags
gum disease