Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 11-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #876
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tricking anyone about food is NOT ok! No matter what you eat food is sacred!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #877
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Tricking anyone about food is NOT ok! No matter what you eat food is sacred!!
Totally agree.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #878
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post

As for being vegetarian, I've been vegetarian since I was 5 and have had a fair amount of meat eaters verbally attack me over this choice, which is ironic given how much people complain about vegetarians/vegans judging others.
I usually don't tell people I'm a vegetarian unless they invite me over for dinner, because the carnivores so often want to evangelize me. I can't recall ever meeting a vegetarian or vegan who considered it their business what other people eat.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:03 PM   #879
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I usually don't tell people I'm a vegetarian unless they invite me over for dinner, because the carnivores so often want to evangelize me. I can't recall ever meeting a vegetarian or vegan who considered it their business what other people eat.
Then either you don't get out much or me and you have had wildly different experiences.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:20 PM   #880
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I had to unfollow my cousin on facebook. She meant well but literally a dozen fucking posts a day about how superior veganism was, how cruel meat was and pictures of the fake shit she cooked.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:40 PM   #881
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think vegetarianism and vaganism is like religion; it is those that come to it later in life that tend to go on and on and preach about it. For others, its just the way they were raised, and they only politely ask if i think the steak place might have a veggie option
Old 11-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #882
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I had to unfollow my cousin on facebook. She meant well but literally a dozen fucking posts a day about how superior veganism was, how cruel meat was and pictures of the fake shit she cooked.

Don't forget about those annoying dog people on fb too.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #883
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
vaganism
You are a troll, I would try a vaginist diet though.

Quote:
Don't forget about those annoying dog people on fb too.
Nah, i just like to mock them.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #884
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Bahaha oops spelling fail
Old 11-08-2016, 06:19 AM   #885
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Fudge usually has eggs, vegans don't eat egg.
Blasphemy!!!

Real fudge is not made with eggs!!!

Just milk and sugar and chocolate.... or other flavouring!!

Though the milk may be a problem for vegans.

Truly, though, whoever puts eggs in fudge??
Old 11-08-2016, 06:43 AM   #886
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Me

It takes away from the grainy consistancy that I dislike, adds structure, and a huge amount of moisture.

Traditional grainy fudge texture grosses me out; it tastes like I am eating dough that fell on the floor and the chef was like "meh" and just rolled the dust in
Old 11-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #887
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hmmm, now you all have me wanting to make fudge. Haven't made it in years because wife is not a fudge fan so I feel a bit selfish putting that much cooking time (and ingredients) into something that she won't share. I don't think my ancestral fudge recipe involves any eggs, but nor do I think it is grainy or doughy .... although it is highly dependent on boiling it until just the right point (when you drip some into a glass of cold water and push it together it should for a smooth, round, ball. If it is still loose it needs longer), and beating it until your arms are about ready to fall off (else it won't stay softer and creamier, and will be more, idk, crystallized maybe? Harder for sure).

Then again, come to think of it, I don't really like most any bought fudge that I've had -- maybe they take shortcuts to allow quicker, higher volume, production? The few exceptions have been at bake sales and the like.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:36 AM   #888
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I scent a bakeoff.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:25 AM   #889
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I scent a bakeoff.
As Julia Child used to say, "If you can smell it, it's done." Appoint yourself judge.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #890
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

My favorite. So easy! No eggs, but it does have a can of very thick, sugary milk. Rocky Road Fudge.

http:// https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18459/super-easy-rocky-road-fudge
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #891
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
My favorite. So easy! No eggs, but it does have a can of very thick, sugary milk. Rocky Road Fudge.

http:// https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18459/super-easy-rocky-road-fudge

Oh my! Looks yum �� I've also made fudge today, but I used a can of delicious coconut milk instead because well, dairy is scary ��
Old 11-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #892
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We've started using coconut milk in a lot of our cooking, because my wife has issues with dairy and I have issues with soy .... and (aside from the bit about coconut milk not having a lot of nutrition in it) the results have been universally good so far. Everything from baking to thai curry to chocolate pudding has come out great.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:28 PM   #893
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjula View Post
Oh my! Looks yum �� I've also made fudge today, but I used a can of delicious coconut milk instead because well, dairy is scary ��
Ahhh! Sounds good! Dairy IS scary. I try to avoid it except for special occasions - like craving some Braum's ice cream! (Oklahoma reference)
I have some full fat cans of coconut milk that may be rich enough for the fudge recipe. I'll give it a try.

But, for any coffee drinkers who want to gain a few pounds, (and who doesn't? ), sweetened condensed milk in coffee is freaking amazing! Seriously, go buy some today and put it in your belly, STAT!!! Report back. Extra credit for including photographic evidence!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #894
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Hmmm, now you all have me wanting to make fudge.
Quote:
I scent a bakeoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
As Julia Child used to say, "If you can smell it, it's done."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjula View Post
I've also made fudge today
Old 11-08-2016, 01:59 PM   #895
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

^ LOL. *dying*
Old 11-09-2016, 08:57 PM   #896
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pretty soon the Canadian border is going to look like a size small button shirt on a xxxl man/woman...lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2016, 11:20 PM   #897
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
We've started using coconut milk in a lot of our cooking, because my wife has issues with dairy and I have issues with soy .... and (aside from the bit about coconut milk not having a lot of nutrition in it) the results have been universally good so far. Everything from baking to thai curry to chocolate pudding has come out great.

What on earth were you putting in curry other than coconut milk?
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:17 AM   #898
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
derp!

I was just thinking of things we'd recently used it in, without the 'that we normally would have used dairy in" filter applied.

Substitute cream soups for Thai curry and the sentence makes more sense.

And by "we" I mostly mean my wife cooks it and I enjoy eating it. I hate living that stereotype, but it is the case.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #899
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Most of my indian friends would give you a funny look for putting coconut milk in curry. Depending on the region of the cooking it would be cream/yogurt/ghee based.

Edit: nvm you said thai curry, that isn't a real curry lol
Old 11-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #900
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Me

It takes away from the grainy consistancy that I dislike, adds structure, and a huge amount of moisture.

Traditional grainy fudge texture grosses me out; it tastes like I am eating dough that fell on the floor and the chef was like "meh" and just rolled the dust in

Wow.

Traditional grainy consistancy? Not traditional where I come from, but a sign that you didn't make your fudge correctly. And fudge is a big thing in the rural Maritimes where I come from.

However, if it works for you...

If you're near Ottawa, and want to try some fabulous, absolutely not grainy fudge, with great flavours and no eggs, drop in here:
http://www.pennysfudgefactory.ca/

Tags
gum disease