Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default My Swiss Breakfast

I spent a week in Switzerland for my mother's birthday. It's always interesting to go back to the place and country where I grew up. And one of the things I truly enjoy over there are the leisurely breakfasts.

Every morning, my mom, who turned 90, made the breakfast table with several different kinds of cheese, cold cuts and Swiss dried meats, several types of crunchy Swiss bread, alpine honey, preserves and strong coffee. We then sat together, had leisurely conversation, and enjoyed the early meal, looking out onto the meadows in front of her house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ch_breakfast_800.jpg (75.7 KB, 283 views)
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OMG that looks wonderful: Elegantly served, too. - Jim
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Gosh! I miss Swiss breakfast so much! Mostly the cheeses! This is so lovely Conrad! Can I ask what kind of dried meat?
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
Gosh! I miss Swiss breakfast so much! Mostly the cheeses! This is so lovely Conrad! Can I ask what kind of dried meat?
The Swiss LOVE dried meats, cold cuts and salami type products. The picture below shows the dried meat display in a Migros or COOP supermarket. I am particular to Bündnerfleisch (see Wiki), and that's what we usually got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ch_dried_meats_800.jpg (93.4 KB, 267 views)
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Conrad, omg! Looks positively yummy. Thanks for sharing!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm suitably envious. I miss the GOOD continental breakfasts that some of the high end hotels serve in Europe. The ones where you can get decent granola, good yogurt and fruit, real oatmeal with proper toppings (whiskey and brown sugar with raisins please!) and whole-grain bread with cold cuts and cheese and hardboiled eggs. If you throw in some nutella I'm over the moon.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #7
MissStacie
Mrs. Gnoom

MissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging in
Default As far as I'm concerned...

Americans do BIG breakfasts, but Europeans do GREAT breakfasts. I LOVE breakfast here in Germany, which is very similar to your Swiss meal, Conrad. Lots of breads, cheeses, meats/sausages, etc....I have yet to meet a cheese that I didn't like here...
Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStacie View Post
I have yet to meet a cheese that I didn't like here...
Stacie, meet Limburger; Limburger, this is Stacie.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #9
MissStacie
Mrs. Gnoom

MissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Stacie, meet Limburger; Limburger, this is Stacie.
ha ha...Never tried it...but know that it stinks...but then I never thought I'd eat a "moldy" cheese but love a good gorgonzola or roquefort!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
ha ha...Never tried it...but know that it stinks...but then I never thought I'd eat a "moldy" cheese but love a good gorgonzola or roquefort!
Limburger is strong, but I like it. A little goes a long way, so it does keep me from eating the WHOLE thing, unlike other cheeses that I could eat the entire brick/wedge/whatever.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree with Becky.

I ain’t never met a cheese that I didn’t like. Limburger may have slowed me down just a little.

When I die and (in the very unlikely event that) I go to Heaven, there will be 72 cheeses awaiting me. Fuck them virgins: We don’t need no stinkin’ virgins.

- Jim
Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
BBWHearts

BBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Americans do BIG breakfasts, but Europeans do GREAT breakfasts.
Nothing wrong with a good American breakfast. I prefer it, actually.
BBWHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #13
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
I spent a week in Switzerland for my mother's birthday. It's always interesting to go back to the place and country where I grew up. And one of the things I truly enjoy over there are the leisurely breakfasts.

Every morning, my mom, who turned 90, made the breakfast table with several different kinds of cheese, cold cuts and Swiss dried meats, several types of crunchy Swiss bread, alpine honey, preserves and strong coffee. We then sat together, had leisurely conversation, and enjoyed the early meal, looking out onto the meadows in front of her house.
THAT is awesome!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Conrad,

I am impressed that your 90 yr old mama can still set such a table and eat foods that you pictured. Crusty bread would do some people's teeth in. The cured meats would be off many older folks diets. Of course, the swiss cheese is mandatory in Switzerland. One question I have is where is the chocolate?
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote