Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
Orso

Orso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesOrso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Cellulite: genes or food?

Being Italian, I could remark that Italian BBWs - well, the Italian BBWs I saw - have much less cellulite than the German, British and American BBWs I could see. Mind you, I'm not complaining of either!

Moreover, if one compares BBWs from paintings of the Italian Renaissance, like for instance the ones by Titian, with the ones of the Dutch masters like Rubens, one sees the same thing: much less cellulite or none at all on the Italian BBWs. So, maybe the pattern goes back in time.

At this point I am wondering if this happens because of genetics, Italian women having less cellulite just because of their physical heritage, or it is an effect of the Mediterranean diet.

Does anyone know if research has been done in this field?

I also wonder about BBWs from other Mediterranean countries, like Spain, Southern France and Greece. Does anyone know what's their status cellulite-wise?
Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Interesting Questions

Those are interesting questions, Orso. In regard to the paintings, I wonder if they show less cellulite because the women actually had less, or if that was simply the way the artist portrayed the women.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Or did Italian artists regard cellulite as unattractive and select models without it? Without knowing what attitudes were towards cellulite during the Renaissance we cannot really answer the question. And since our only evidence of attitudes towards cellulite are the way it is -- or is not -- portrayed in the art of the time, it seems we are involved in a circular argument.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There are different tissue types. Mediterranean people (with the exception of Northern Italians who are often mixed with Swiss, German, etc. as evidenced by blue eyes and blonde hair) often have thicker, often darker skin, larger pores, etc. with complexions that are more likely to be oily or combination as opposed to northern countries where skin is thinner, dryer and more prone to wrinkling.

Cellulite is fat that is more evident because there are different types of fat, as well as connective tissue. More evident cellulite (there are actually three grades) is usually because of separation from connective tissue. It has NOTHING to do with diet or even exercise. It is genetic.

This doesn't make cellulite or lack of it superior or inferior. It's almost always genetic and nearly every woman has it (although it may not be as apparent). I think the old artists, like modern artists, paint what they think is appealing or what their sponsor or client wants painted! If I were having a portrait done, it would be my preference to not have my cellulite showcased, so to speak.

My ethnic background is both Italian and Polish. I get my dark eyes and natural hair color and combination skin (and temper) from my dad who is quite dark with black hair, dark eyes, olive skin. I get my pale skin which can't tan at all, and most of my features, but my eyes, from my mother who was blonde and had pale green eyes. I have cellulite and my sister who was the same size as me, but took mostly after my father, didn't have it at all. So here you have science and anecdote.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 04-29-2012 at 12:04 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Wiki Says

Here's Wkik's take on the subject. I looked it up because I was curious and wanted to know if those 120 lbs I lost in extreme short order, a couple years ago, and gained back, had anything to do with the lumpy, cellulite-like appearance of my legs.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
BBWHearts

BBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Here's Wkik's take on the subject. I looked it up because I was curious and wanted to know if those 120 lbs I lost in extreme short order, a couple years ago, and gained back, had anything to do with the lumpy, cellulite-like appearance of my legs.
I never see this on men. Do you have picture of your leg?
BBWHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWHearts View Post
I never see this on men. Do you have picture of your leg?
Now, remember, I'm only lumpy and a little cellulite-like. It could be nothing more than me being old, 56, and fat, 436 lbs, in this shot.

My leg sores came from me not changing medication patch sites often enough while I was still learning how to use the patches.

Last edited by imfree; 10-25-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
BBWHearts

BBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this boardBBWHearts carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Now, remember, I'm only lumpy and a little cellulite-like. It could be nothing more than me being old, 56, and fat, 436 lbs, in this shot.

My leg sores came from me not changing medication patch sites often enough while I was still learning how to use the patches.
I think is very sexy! Thank you for close up! I love your wild panties--where they come from??
BBWHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Custom Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWHearts View Post
I think is very sexy! Thank you for close up! I love your wild panties--where they come from??
Hahaha, thanks. The bottom is actually a custom-made 6X men's Rio Swimsuit Bikini from this Lady's ebay store.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #10
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

90% of the time its food. Yes there will always be the 350 pound man or woman who doesn't eat much but is still supersized...but for the most part if you woof down cheeseburgers left and right and don't get any exercise you're mostly likely going to gain weight and cellulite.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

it's all in the jeans
Old 05-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #12
MissAshley
Enigma

MissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
90% of the time its food. Yes there will always be the 350 pound man or woman who doesn't eat much but is still supersized...but for the most part if you woof down cheeseburgers left and right and don't get any exercise you're mostly likely going to gain weight and cellulite.
I agree. I have had cellulite after I ate fast food a ton, but then lost it as I came down from the junk. My sisters have it, but I don't.