Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #301
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I would have bashed the door until he answered.

Seriously.
i tried, man. i rang the doorbell on the gate (broken) and on the door (apparently he couldn't hear it bc he's upstairs with the door shut) and i threw rocks at his bedroom window.
i think i need to put a passive agressive note on the door that points to the top lock and says "this is the deadbolt"
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #302
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would be out of my skull angry. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremerton View Post
i tried, man. i rang the doorbell on the gate (broken) and on the door (apparently he couldn't hear it bc he's upstairs with the door shut) and i threw rocks at his bedroom window.
i think i need to put a passive agressive note on the door that points to the top lock and says "this is the deadbolt"
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #303
Londonbikerboy

Londonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLondonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Me thinks that's worth enough guilt points to provide a free dinner! (with pudding!)
Londonbikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #304
Big Jefe

Big Jefe has said some nice things

Chargers being up 24 - 0 at half time and losing 35 -24.

Jeff

"Donny you're out of your element!"
Big Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #305
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonbikerboy View Post
Me thinks that's worth enough guilt points to provide a free dinner! (with pudding!)
he bought me 2 packs of sliced cheese and 1 of shredded at the grocery store, so that works
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #306
Londonbikerboy

Londonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLondonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
he bought me 2 packs of sliced cheese and 1 of shredded at the grocery store, so that works
Well, if it happens again make sure you up the....ante..... a three course meal at the very least!

mmm....cheese.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #307
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The supposedly glorious moment when you get your PhD is so brief....and then, the next day, you're back in the lab as a post-doc, buried under a ton of paperwork
Old 10-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #308
Londonbikerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
The supposedly glorious moment when you get your PhD is so brief....and then, the next day, you're back in the lab as a post-doc, buried under a ton of paperwork
Dr Melian.... congrats. At least you get to sign everything off with a few extra letters from now on.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #309
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Congratulations!!!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #310
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonbikerboy View Post
Dr Melian.... congrats. At least you get to sign everything off with a few extra letters from now on.
Thank you. Yeah, it's nice to have the letters, although my opinion of PhDs has changed dramatically over the last few years - it seems like any asshole can have this same accomplishment, as long as they have some time to waste.

Anyway, it's done, and the defense was totally painless, so I guess I should be happy about that.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #311
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Congrats Melian!

From what I've seen, it may take smarts and academic skills to get into a PhD, but the ones who come out on the other side are the ones who also have the buckets worth of stick-with-it-ness needed to see the whole thing through, and that is no minor character trait either! The Venn diagram for 'brilliant' and 'determined' doesn't have all that much overlap, I think.

(Basically I'm just saying you are special.....)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #312
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Congratulations you amazing broad!

You rock. Now get back to work.

Quote:
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #313
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We just got our every-five-year assessment of property value--the thing that forms the basis for how much property tax we pay. It shot up over 60% from the last assessment, while actual sales of similar places to us on the same block are maybe 25% more than our last assessment. The difference could be several hundred bucks a year in taxes.

There is an appeals process, but we have no idea how it works, what evidence we'd need, or what the odds of actually winning are. I'm thinking talk to the neighbours, who are probably similarly in shock, and see if we can pool our resources to make sure we can present a strong case?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #314
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow just saw the cost of tickets for SXSW fest. Well out of my last minute budget. 0 - 2 so far on fun in march.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #315
dharmabean
♥ ɢråтıтuɗɛ◦ɢåӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That some things are really wow on this board, and don't have anything said about them. And some things are mild and are not accepted.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #316
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Wow just saw the cost of tickets for SXSW fest. Well out of my last minute budget. 0 - 2 so far on fun in march.
damn you made me go look...I went decades ago....and was quite different...It was definitely worth the experience though..although now it is a much bigger deal and much much much PRICIER

have you checked this out yet BURNING MAN
Old 10-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #317
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Congrats, Dr Melian! You have the distinction of being the most awesomely scary doctor I know!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #318
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What's pissing me off is that when my boyfriend and I have a difference of opinion about something, and my opinion is decidedly less passionate and less... bloodthirsty is not the correct word, but it's the closest I can think of right now; he says "Life isn't all fairy tales and rainbows, Goreki." which annoys me for two reasons.
The first is that I am quite aware of the harshness of reality, thank you VERY much, and the second is that fairy tales are full of death and blood and violence. They're supposed to be stories to influence good conduct or warn of the dangers of being a dick, NOT to peddle fantasy and fuel the wedding industry.

My being positive outlook is how I build patience and fortitude for when reality does bitch slap me, and is not a symptom of ignorance! Gah!

I love him like crazy, but REALLY!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #319
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
damn you made me go look...I went decades ago....and was quite different...It was definitely worth the experience though..although now it is a much bigger deal and much much much PRICIER

have you checked this out yet BURNING MAN
tell me about it. sxsw also ha v2v in vegas and burning man has been on my radar for years. but i thought SXSW would be a nice march break. Im going Glastonbury in late june, so august is a no go as i also need to save a bucket load of coins for san fran next November.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #320
Tad
mostly harmless

My appetite. For some reason all morning I've been so hungry that it is distracting. I already went and bought a muffin (on top of the mid-morning muffing I bring from home), and I'm seriously beginning to think about diving into my lunch half an hour early...but if I do that I'm betting I'll be ravenous by mid-afternoon.

Body, why are you messing with me today?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #321
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My new roommate wants to move out, and does not comprehend what a 6.-month lease means.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #322
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

After getting my car fixed by my mechanic, he assured me that the drain on my battery was gone. 3 days later and my car is dead!

If I have to buy another battery because of this, I am going to be so pissed!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #323
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
What's pissing me off is that when my boyfriend and I have a difference of opinion about something, and my opinion is decidedly less passionate and less... bloodthirsty is not the correct word, but it's the closest I can think of right now; he says "Life isn't all fairy tales and rainbows, Goreki." which annoys me for two reasons.
The first is that I am quite aware of the harshness of reality, thank you VERY much, and the second is that fairy tales are full of death and blood and violence. They're supposed to be stories to influence good conduct or warn of the dangers of being a dick, NOT to peddle fantasy and fuel the wedding industry.

My being positive outlook is how I build patience and fortitude for when reality does bitch slap me, and is not a symptom of ignorance! Gah!

I love him like crazy, but REALLY!
I think I'm married to your boyfriend, because honestly...my husband says almost exactly the same thing to me. Like I've never lived in reality or anything. Whatever LOL

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #324
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
I think I'm married to your boyfriend...
Well that solves my problem then! If he's already married to you, I certainly don't want him anymore!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #325
Tad
mostly harmless

Have you ever considered responding back something like "And it isn't all Schwartzneiger movier either?" (or however you spell that name....) After all, communities with trust and mutual support almost always thrive ahead of those that focus on individual toughness mixed with distrust of others.

Tags
mad, pissed