Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #1351
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^Interesting...

Where I shop, they make people do WIC as a completely separate order. As in, they put up all of their WIC items first and run that through, with the checks and everything. The cashier then calls out (like Peyton Manning) anything that isn't covered, at which point the customer can just put it aside; where I assume a re-stocker eventually comes by to pick it up. Then they complete that transaction before compiling the rest of the items in a separate order.

And, actually, come to think of it; they have a whole separate line for WIC. Like, a certain cashier or two is a designated WIC queue and everyone with WIC is diverted over to them.

Then again, there are a lot of other things about that place that don't make a lot of sense. Like why the deli always takes so long....
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #1352
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Where I shop, they make people do WIC as a completely separate order. As in, they put up all of their WIC items first and run that through, with the checks and everything. The cashier then calls out (like Peyton Manning) anything that isn't covered, at which point the customer can just put it aside; where I assume a re-stocker eventually comes by to pick it up. Then they complete that transaction before compiling the rest of the items in a separate order.

And, actually, come to think of it; they have a whole separate line for WIC. Like, a certain cashier or two is a designated WIC queue and everyone with WIC is diverted over to them.
Yeah, we have no special lanes for it. I wish we did... people just come in the regular lanes with everyone else, and at first I was told to "turn off my light" while I do it, so no one else would come into my lane and get frustrated that I was taking too long, but last time I did that they had me turn it back on... So it's like WTF? It's just frustrating especially like I said, when they don't pay a damn bit of attention to what they've put in their carts. Like this lady just put it all up there, I had to ask her to sort them out by which check was paying for what items, because she had like 5 of them, and then she kept having too many items... Just so frustrating.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:22 AM   #1353
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What is WIC? (I'm assuming some sort of food stamp type program, by the sounds of it?)
Old 09-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #1354
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
What is WIC? (I'm assuming some sort of food stamp type program, by the sounds of it?)
Yes. Stands for Women, Infants, Children. Food assistance program for women and pregnant women or new moms... basically to help you eat healthier. i.e. - milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, dry beans or peas, and peanut butter. They give you these checks with only certain types of items you guy buy, must be certain brands/types, a certain quantity, and a certain amount.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #1355
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

2 weeks filled out a work order for the manager to fix my garbage disposal and it still isn't fixed and he has not even come up to see what is wrong with it..
Ohio Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #1356
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Currently battling with the venue for my wedding. Getting the woman to email me is like pulling teeth. It takes her a week or more to get back to me.
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 PM   #1357
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
That the headset I wanted was $80 on WalMarts website, $99 in store (the $80 was only if I bought ONLINE and then went into the store to get it, WTf?), and then since I didn't want to wait, I went ahead and bout it then and there for the $20 extra dollars, and it had $8 in tax... This damn thing better be GOOD. I just spent $107 freaking dollars. The gamer life is hard... But glad I at least have a JOB now. It's ridiculous they can play with prices like that though, if you advertise $80 on the website you should be able to walk in and get it for $80. So dumb.
Items sold online are usually stored in warehouses out of town. Much much cheaper than being placed on the shelves of a shop in town (high business rent/rates) by an assistant who is being paid to do so, then sitting in that shop with it's bright lights, displays, psychologically thought out shelving arrangements etc etc. It's all the extra overheads that make the headset more expensive in store. If you were able to order it then collect in-store at the cheaper price that is almost always because lots of items ordered from the out of town warehouse, are delivered to stores for customers to collect them, rather than posting them out. It's all really about the costs involved , so it's not dumb.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #1358
x0emnem0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Items sold online are usually stored in warehouses out of town. Much much cheaper than being placed on the shelves of a shop in town (high business rent/rates) by an assistant who is being paid to do so, then sitting in that shop with it's bright lights, displays, psychologically thought out shelving arrangements etc etc. It's all the extra overheads that make the headset more expensive in store. If you were able to order it then collect in-store at the cheaper price that is almost always because lots of items ordered from the out of town warehouse, are delivered to stores for customers to collect them, rather than posting them out. It's all really about the costs involved , so it's not dumb.
It was, though. Because I asked the guy, if I bought it on my phone right now, "online", could I just get one for that price? Which would've been like, the exact same headset... and he said yes. So what is the point. He said I'd have to wait a half hour but I was in a hurry anyway so I just bought it. Ended up returning it because I didn't want to buy it right now anyway, so it's whatever.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #1359
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The same migraine in and above my right ear for a month straight. Feels like I'm going crazy.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #1360
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb Despite the claims of certain riffraff, I'm excellent at this...

*makes soothing ocean sounds*
Old 10-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #1361
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There's fat shaming in one of my textbooks. I'm seriously considering mentioning being offended by it in my reflection journal I have to write even though what we're supposed to be reflecting on is the theory and exercises.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #1362
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^Should totally do it...

Writing is a form of exercise. The real work product, the object of your labor, is not (just) what ends up on the page, but you. Your whole thought process.

If it's important enough (to you) to think about, then it's definitely worth writing.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #1363
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Writing is a form of exercise. The real work product, the object of your labor, is not (just) what ends up on the page, but you. Your whole thought process.

If it's important enough (to you) to think about, then it's definitely worth writing.
This whole book is just pissing me off. While calling men with pot bellies unattractive they also compare women with sucked in flat bellies to adolescent girls as opposed to adult women and so only adolescent boys should be attracted to that. So basically guys that like women with flat stomachs are almost pedophiles... or something.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #1364
lille

I did end up complaining about it in my journal. Maybe it wasn't the essential part of the reading but it was the part I had the strongest reaction to. One of my classmates also had a strong negative reaction and when I told her I was mentioning it in my journal she said she may mention it too. So knowing that I'm not the only one who was horrified makes me feel a bit better.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #1365
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
This whole book is just pissing me off. While calling men with pot bellies unattractive they also compare women with sucked in flat bellies to adolescent girls as opposed to adult women and so only adolescent boys should be attracted to that. So basically guys that like women with flat stomachs are almost pedophiles... or something.
What's the title of the book?
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #1366
lille

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
What's the title of the book?
It's The Way to Vibrant Health: A Manual of Bioenergetic Exercises by Alexander and Leslie Lowen
Old 10-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #1367
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
It's The Way to Vibrant Health: A Manual of Bioenergetic Exercises by Alexander and Leslie Lowen
Seems odd for what seems to be a book on yoga/new age relaxation techniques. Maybe some of the author's personal baggage coming through?
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #1368
lille

Quote:
Seems odd for what seems to be a book on yoga/new age relaxation techniques. Maybe some of the author's personal baggage coming through?
Bioenergetics is one of the major theories in body oriented psychotherapy. These people are big names in the field. I understand that the book was written in the 70's, but still.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #1369
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Bioenergetics is one of the major theories in body oriented psychotherapy. These people are big names in the field. I understand that the book was written in the 70's, but still.
It's one of the major theories, yet no one has made an updated/improved book since the 70s? Like...I do get that certain people can be very influential in fields and older material can be used supplementally. But...70s is really dated.

Also, given the topic - which I admittedly know nothing about - I don't see why they even need to talk about attraction in it, especially so negatively
Old 10-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #1370
lille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
It's one of the major theories, yet no one has made an updated/improved book since the 70s? Like...I do get that certain people can be very influential in fields and older material can be used supplementally. But...70s is really dated.

Also, given the topic - which I admittedly know nothing about - I don't see why they even need to talk about attraction in it, especially so negatively
Attraction wasn't necessary to mention at all. And the reason we're using a book from the seventies is that the author is the founder of that theory.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #1371
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default ^Then, maybe, this is all part of your instructor's original intent...

For you to not focus so much on just learning material, only to then have to merely regurgitate it later. But to truly engaged with it, at more of a critical level. Build your own distinct & personal perspective off of the original text.

Quote:
"Seems odd for what seems to be a book on yoga/new age relaxation techniques. Maybe some of the author's personal baggage coming through?"
Yeah, I was gonna say, that's often a fair or valid concern. Frankly, I think that has a lot to do with what initially attracts a lot of people to yoga-science, a rather crude, barely-conscious, & mostly ego-drive bizzaro formation of personal aesthetics. Which is really the total opposite of what it's all supposed to be about.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #1372
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'd mentioned elsewhere that it was my wedding anniversary earlier this week. When we got married my wife was doing her masters degree, at the same university where she'd done her undergrad. She's Anglican while I'm nothing in particular, so we'd started going to the small Anglican chapel on campus, where the entire weekly congregation was under 20 people. We got to know the minister and his wife quite well, and you could not have known a more warm, loving, supportive couple of people. We really looked up to them as a model of good people and a good couple.

For our wedding it was a no-brainer that we'd have him marry us. My wife became friends with the two of them, and stayed in touch when we moved away a year later, and we even took our son down to be baptized by him.

In the evening of our anniversary, we discovered that the minister is now serving time in jail for having had sexual involvement with a few teenage boys (some years before we knew him).

Intellectually I know that a lot of abuses have happened when people have been given positions of authority with nobody looking over their shoulders, and in many cases it is 'the last person you'd ever think would do something like that.' We are far, far, FAR, from being alone in having this sort of experience.

All the same, I'm gutted. Someone I've looked up to really did something that I have no tolerance for, all the good that he did--and he did a lot of good--has been tainted, and some of it has probably unraveled. Their family has been torn apart. My feelings of being able to trust my own judgement of people is shaken. A lot of my happiest memories have been forever tainted to some degree. And of course, there are one or more people out there who probably really had their lives messed up by this, by the person they should have been able to trust the most.

A couple of days in and I'm a bit of a zombie, not having slept well and being distracted by thoughts that circle with no chances of finding answers.

I'm not sure if I'm more sad or pissed off, or just a general bundle of negative emotions..... call it

Last edited by Tad; 10-03-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #1373
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
your post....
Tad, I am very sorry to hear this happened - it can be devastating when someone we held in a position of trust on so many levels, falters in one of the worst ways possible. Just remember that what they did was and is not a reflection on you or your judgement.

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #1374
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm more sad or pissed off, or just a general bundle of negative emotions..... call it
First off, congratulations on the anniversary! I'm sorry it had to be tainted by negativity like this, and I hope you get peace/some sense of resolution from those thoughts soon.

I...never know how to feel about things like this. It certainly wouldn't be correct to say that your feelings aren't justified. It's definitely unfortunate that his family got torn apart and that others suffered from the incident, either directly or indirectly.

But I don't think you can draw conclusions about the person himself as easily as many people do. It's easy to demonize (perhaps too strong a word, but I can't think of a better one) people when they do specific actions that are viewed as highly unethical and traumatic to others. The question is, does this necessarily make him a bad person? Assuming full knowledge of the implications of one's actions, is there a difference between a person who acts without restraint or care of the harm they do, and someone who suffers from periods of mental weakness after fighting to suppress something that may be unfortunately ingrained in their psychology? I like to think so, personally. In the latter case, one could always argue that that individual should have sought out professional help for the problem...but I'm sure that comes with a whole other barrel of emotional baggage to surmount.

So...could it be the case that he was just a "bad person" on some level, who appeared to be wholesome on the outside? Sure. But I also think it could be the case that he was, for the most part, a good person who may have been struggling with personal demons and desires.

It makes me think about the seemingly steep number of cases of religious figures being involved in underaged sex scandals. Are a lot of priests inherently immoral, uncaring people...or are they trying to use religion to cope with feelings that they're deeply ashamed of?

I'm not in any way trying to discredit your feelings or thoughts; just trying to provide an alternate perspective that may alleviate some of your feelings of doubting character judgment.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #1375
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
First off, congratulations on the anniversary! I'm sorry it had to be tainted by negativity like this, and I hope you get peace/some sense of resolution from those thoughts soon.

I...never know how to feel about things like this. It certainly wouldn't be correct to say that your feelings aren't justified. It's definitely unfortunate that his family got torn apart and that others suffered from the incident, either directly or indirectly.

But I don't think you can draw conclusions about the person himself as easily as many people do. It's easy to demonize (perhaps too strong a word, but I can't think of a better one) people when they do specific actions that are viewed as highly unethical and traumatic to others. The question is, does this necessarily make him a bad person? Assuming full knowledge of the implications of one's actions, is there a difference between a person who acts without restraint or care of the harm they do, and someone who suffers from periods of mental weakness after fighting to suppress something that may be unfortunately ingrained in their psychology? I like to think so, personally. In the latter case, one could always argue that that individual should have sought out professional help for the problem...but I'm sure that comes with a whole other barrel of emotional baggage to surmount.

So...could it be the case that he was just a "bad person" on some level, who appeared to be wholesome on the outside? Sure. But I also think it could be the case that he was, for the most part, a good person who may have been struggling with personal demons and desires.

It makes me think about the seemingly steep number of cases of religious figures being involved in underaged sex scandals. Are a lot of priests inherently immoral, uncaring people...or are they trying to use religion to cope with feelings that they're deeply ashamed of?

I'm not in any way trying to discredit your feelings or thoughts; just trying to provide an alternate perspective that may alleviate some of your feelings of doubting character judgment.
I was thinking of how to say this all day at work. I'm a vacuous motherfucker though, so I couldn't put it into words. Thank you Amaranthine for dictating my thoughts.

Tags
mad, pissed