Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 11-23-2016, 10:46 PM   #2401
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm just fucking done with life today.

I can't even do the little things that I want to do without something completely fucking it up.
No one wants to talk to me and everyone died after 9 PM.
I'm being a raging alcoholic right now and I'll probably just pass out and I'm not even drunk..... GRRRRR. I'm just so annoyed!!!!
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #2402
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ads where the bodies are stretched out until they are grossly out of proportion. This seems to be particularly popular for side-bar ads online, which is aggravating because then there is whatever I'm trying to see (say: the weather), and I'm being distracted by the creepy looking warped people in the sidebar (and btw Reitmans: definitely not shopping at you this year, your ad has been creeping me out all day now)
Old 12-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #2403
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just got back from visiting my mom at the hospital after she had relatively minor surgery. My dad behaved like a drunken fool, talking too loudly and embarrassing us. He lied to her about Uber-ing there, and made her cry with his general clownly assholage.

I'm perpetually pissed off at him, but today I'm just downright depressed. More so than I have been in a long....fucking.....time.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #2404
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
I just got back from visiting my mom at the hospital after she had relatively minor surgery. My dad behaved like a drunken fool, talking too loudly and embarrassing us. He lied to her about Uber-ing there, and made her cry with his general clownly assholage.

I'm perpetually pissed off at him, but today I'm just downright depressed. More so than I have been in a long....fucking.....time.
I'm so sorry you're still having to deal with him and his behaviour To him it may seem innocent but he's a harmful presence to you and I just wish he could see for himself what a destructive influence he is.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #2405
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Rellis said it so well, so all I'll add is my heart goes out to you and your Mom for having to deal with that at a time like this.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:14 AM   #2406
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
I'm so sorry you're still having to deal with him and his behaviour To him it may seem innocent but he's a harmful presence to you and I just wish he could see for himself what a destructive influence he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Rellis said it so well, so all I'll add is my heart goes out to you and your Mom for having to deal with that at a time like this.
Thanks, guys. That's so awesome of you both
Old 12-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #2407
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Orlando, Florida temperature yesterday (where I was until yesterday on vacation): 81F / 27.2C

Urbana, Illinois temperature today (where I live): 19F / -7.2C

This is pissing me off.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:28 AM   #2408
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Orlando, Florida temperature yesterday (where I was until yesterday on vacation): 81F / 27.2C

Urbana, Illinois temperature today (where I live): 19F / -7.2C

This is pissing me off.
That is a big temperature change to adjust to....hope your vacation went well

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 AM   #2409
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
That is a big temperature change to adjust to....hope your vacation went well
It did! I saw my sister, niece, nephew, honorary niece, honorary niece's partner, and brother in law. I also saw my ex (which went better than I was expecting), hung out with a friend for a few days, as well as getting to meet swordchick. In addition to that, I got to do other fun stuff. Great vacation!
Old 12-24-2016, 11:40 PM   #2410
Dromond
Old school

And now for an actual pissed off post.

My knees are pissing me off. I've developed osteo-arthritis in my knees, and it has progressed fairly rapidly. My knees already have damaged cartilage, which makes walking no fun at all. Cold and dampness increase my discomfort. It's been cold and damp a lot lately. The pain level is quite high at times. Norco is of some help, but you have to be careful with prescription narcotics. I do not want to develop addiction, so I don't take three a day as the directions say to. The only real relief I get is with a heated throw over my knees. The heat is soothing, but that only works when sitting still. So, yeah. Pain and pissed. That's me right now.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #2411
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
And now for an actual pissed off post.

My knees are pissing me off. I've developed osteo-arthritis in my knees, and it has progressed fairly rapidly. My knees already have damaged cartilage, which makes walking no fun at all. Cold and dampness increase my discomfort. It's been cold and damp a lot lately. The pain level is quite high at times. Norco is of some help, but you have to be careful with prescription narcotics. I do not want to develop addiction, so I don't take three a day as the directions say to. The only real relief I get is with a heated throw over my knees. The heat is soothing, but that only works when sitting still. So, yeah. Pain and pissed. That's me right now.
I can hardly imagine how this must feel. I'm sorry it's been playing up so much. I get real subdued and broody when my back starts aching even a little. Discomfort/pain can be surprisingly demotivating sometimes. But I get the feeling you mostly handle this with a great deal of forbearance. Something's gotta give once in a while, though. So giving yourself permission to just be pissed for a bit sounds like a good thing.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #2412
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fuckfaced poster on Facebook whining because he has to get rid of a cat he's had for 10 years. His two new dog torment it, it lives basically between the basement and bedroom. He doesn't want to get rid of the cat but has to, because of the dogs..even though there are people willing to take the dogs - puppies actually - from him, despite that his children did NOT want the dogs, despite that his wife didn't want them either.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #2413
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Got nipped in the face by 2 dogs in a 24 hour period. A friendly PSA from your neighbourhood Rabbit: Dont put your dogs on a vegan diet.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #2414
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Got sick on Christmas eve with Norovisus and was "out of commission" for 3 days. Yesterday I had a sore throat and today I have a full-blown head cold!

OK 2017!! you better a something better in store for me!
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:12 PM   #2415
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

"Well meaning therapists reeking of marijuana" telling me that pot will help with my adhesive capsulitis/frozen shoulder when drugs of ANY kind won't help at all- just heat and therapy.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:46 PM   #2416
Tad
mostly harmless

Zero degrees and steady rain, meaning the city is going to be a giant skating rink soon, if it isn't already I don't mind the cold, but rain and winter are a vile partnering.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #2417
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Zero degrees and steady rain, meaning the city is going to be a giant skating rink soon, if it isn't already I don't mind the cold, but rain and winter are a vile partnering.
I hate freezing rain!
The other morning my car and our driveway was a sheet of ice!

Hope you made it Home safely.
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:02 PM   #2418
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Freezing rain is the worst, way more dangerous than just snow.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #2419
Tad
mostly harmless

Last night was mostly just slush and flooded spots where snowbanks blocked covered sewer grates or kept driveways from draining. This morning was half-frozen slush covered with a thin layer of snow. By tonight it should all be ice .... but at least not the super slick ice you get from freezing rain. *trying to look on the positive side*

Also because kid's university's classes don't start until tomorrow, left him to shovel. A little worried about how thorough he will have been, and how frozen things will be by the time I can clean up tonight.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #2420
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

The one time I trust someone to do their job properly and not double-check it, of course I get burned for it.

Background info, there's a part of one of my tasks where a customer's executor's address goes in a certain box. Occasionally someone completes a task before mine where they input this before I have a chance.

So this time there's one already there because they went through the earlier process. I think "Ok, let's assume they know what the hell they're doing" and leave it as it is without double checking for once. Of course this time it's a complete dud. That account got quality checked and it turns out the executor details were completely wrong, in fact it's likely they were from a totally different customer. And I sent a letter to them.

So I'm getting my ass kicked tomorrow because I trusted someone to do their job for once. I suppose I should just assume everyone's incompetent...
Old 01-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #2421
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Last night was mostly just slush and flooded spots where snowbanks blocked covered sewer grates or kept driveways from draining. This morning was half-frozen slush covered with a thin layer of snow. By tonight it should all be ice .... but at least not the super slick ice you get from freezing rain. *trying to look on the positive side*

Also because kid's university's classes don't start until tomorrow, left him to shovel. A little worried about how thorough he will have been, and how frozen things will be by the time I can clean up tonight.
And now it's snowing heavily, to add to the slush and ice underneath.

Did you get caught in one of the power outages, Tad? Our neighbourhood has had only about two hours of electricity so far today, thanks to fallen, ice-coated branches on power lines. I dread what I will find when I go home.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #2422
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post

Did you get caught in one of the power outages, Tad? Our neighbourhood has had only about two hours of electricity so far today, thanks to fallen, ice-coated branches on power lines. I dread what I will find when I go home.
Miraculously, no. Miraculously because the power lines in my neighbourhood snake their way through the boulevard trees (old urban neighbourhood without a lot of space to work with). I guess we are lucky that most of those trees are some variety of choke-cherry, and in general fruit trees are pretty darn tough.

I did have to detour around a couple of fallen branches on my way to work, however.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fallen-1.jpg (41.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg fallen-2.jpg (36.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 01-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #2423
Rojodi

I was called "Chief" by a healthcare "professional" during a conference call. I love my coworkers who went up and down his ass, saying that it was at best insensitive and at worst out and out racist. One went to lecture him on how Mohawk WOMEN elect chiefs and it's not PC to be conscious of other cultures.
He hung up.

Ten minutes later his boss called me to apologize for the FORMER employee's actions and hoped that we, the company, would not think he and all the others in his company would like that.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #2424
Tad
mostly harmless

1) Wow, I'm amazed that someone would be so ignorant and foolish by now

2) Good on both your co-worker and the person's former employer.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #2425
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
I was called "Chief" by a healthcare "professional" during a conference call. I love my coworkers who went up and down his ass, saying that it was at best insensitive and at worst out and out racist. One went to lecture him on how Mohawk WOMEN elect chiefs and it's not PC to be conscious of other cultures.
He hung up.

Ten minutes later his boss called me to apologize for the FORMER employee's actions and hoped that we, the company, would not think he and all the others in his company would like that.
Have to disagree, my boss's official title is chief of our department, CEO is chief executive officer. I don't think the term chief is racist at all. I mean it can be used in a rude and dismissive manner but I don't think it's racist.

Tags
mad, pissed