Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #2426
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Have to disagree, my boss's official title is chief of our department, CEO is chief executive officer. I don't think the term chief is racist at all. I mean it can be used in a rude and dismissive manner but I don't think it's racist.
If multiple co-workers reacted in the way they did and the guy got fired for it, with his boss making an official apology, I'm going to make the assumption it wasn't just a faux pas.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #2427
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
If multiple co-workers reacted in the way they did and the guy got fired for it, with his boss making an official apology, I'm going to make the assumption it wasn't just a faux pas.
If I chewed out a sales rep or trainer for wearing white pants after labor day his boss would call and apologize, that doesn't make me right for doing it. I'm sure this guy had problems at his job and he was obnoxious. However calling someone "chief" or"boss" is rude and dissmissive but I don't feel the term chief is referencing indigenous people. Otherwise every CEO, CFO, CIO etc... needs to change their title.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #2428
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
If I chewed out a sales rep or trainer for wearing white pants after labor day his boss would call and apologize, that doesn't make me right for doing it. I'm sure this guy had problems at his job and he was obnoxious. However calling someone "chief" or"boss" is rude and dissmissive but I don't feel the term chief is referencing indigenous people. Otherwise every CEO, CFO, CIO etc... needs to change their title.
I wasn't saying they should. We weren't in that room, we didn't hear any insinuation the guy may or may not have had. But the people in that room clearly took offence and his boss fired him for it. They know more than we do.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #2429
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can't say that would be racist unless the person is native american. Chief is actually of latin origin, I believe.

Unprofessional though? Absolutely. Especially because it sounds like it was a vendor, and vendors have to be extra careful.

We had a manager chew us out for calling it white listing and black listing - an industry technical term which actually doesn't have racial origins, so far as I have been able to determine.

Tone means more than the word to me - sounds like the tone was super insulting.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #2430
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I honestly didn't know where to post this, it could have gone in a few threads:

Happy: I found out why I've been feeling so ill lately and the cause has been resolved.

Unhappy: Turns out there has been a gas leak in my kitchen for the past week or so that was severe enough to be considered an emergency when they tested it. Gas was shut off all day whilst repairs were done, and I wasn't allowed to use any electrics in the kitchen whilst they dug up the road outside to get to the problem.

Pissed off: The serviced my boiler last month and were supposed to check the gas meter/pipes. Not only didn't they bother, but the people today said that the leak would have shown up, albeit less severe, last month if he had done his job properly and checked the pipes/meter.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #2431
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post

Happy: I found out why I've been feeling so ill lately and the cause has been resolved.

Unhappy: Turns out there has been a gas leak in my kitchen for the past week or so that was severe enough to be considered an emergency when they tested it. Gas was shut off all day whilst repairs were done, and I wasn't allowed to use any electrics in the kitchen whilst they dug up the road outside to get to the problem.

Pissed off: The serviced my boiler last month and were supposed to check the gas meter/pipes. Not only didn't they bother, but the people today said that the leak would have shown up, albeit less severe, last month if he had done his job properly and checked the pipes/meter.
That's awful! Feeling ill is one thing but a gas leak can be FATAL. I'm glad it's been fixed but that's a serious case of malpractice if I've ever seen one.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #2432
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

That is horrific, Loopy (and in the US by now a personal injury lawyer would probably be ringing you up asking if you wanted to sue ) I'm glad it got fixed, but that mix of horrible consequences and negligent work is just so infuriating!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #2433
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Have to disagree, my boss's official title is chief of our department, CEO is chief executive officer. I don't think the term chief is racist at all. I mean it can be used in a rude and dismissive manner but I don't think it's racist.
The person KNEW I was of Native American ancestry. He used the term several times before and was told to NOT call me that. I have not earned the right to be called that, whether at work or through the company.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #2434
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
Not his first time calling me that, nor was I the only person he called that. His company has dealing on several reservations throughout NY state.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #2435
Rojodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I can't say that would be racist unless the person is native american. Chief is actually of latin origin, I believe.

Unprofessional though? Absolutely. Especially because it sounds like it was a vendor, and vendors have to be extra careful.

We had a manager chew us out for calling it white listing and black listing - an industry technical term which actually doesn't have racial origins, so far as I have been able to determine.

Tone means more than the word to me - sounds like the tone was super insulting.
He's met me. He knew of my ancestry. He had been written up for it, and this morning I learned I wasn't the only Native American he called chief - he called official tribal representatives from the Onondaga and Seneca that, too.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #2436
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
The person KNEW I was of Native American ancestry. He used the term several times before and was told to NOT call me that. I have not earned the right to be called that, whether at work or through the company.

Then that's totally not ok.

----

I am glad you are feeling ok Loops!!!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #2437
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, I agree if he was using the term after being told not to that's a different story.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:10 AM   #2438
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I'm glad you're still here to tell the story. As said above, you literally could have died. Lawsuit time!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #2439
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I have no words - my words (txt and verbal) come out not like I mean!

Plus, I get a call from this company to make a delivery TOMORROW. Will I be home? Yes, after 7.

Their response? In a shocked and reproachful tone: "We work 9-5."

SO DO I YOU IDGIT!

BUT I HAVE NO WORDS SO I CAN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING THAT MAKES SENSE! IT IS ALL WORD PUDDLES!!
Old 01-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #2440
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Had to have 5 teeth extracted.. removed 2.. i have 3 left and the next appointment with the dentist is not until Feb 1st! I want these out asap because they are starting to hurt and a toothache is one of the worst pains in the world! Sweet tooth, calcium deficiency and surgery = loss of teeth and hair apparently. Ugh!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #2441
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Long time no post! Hopefully it isnt too too painful!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #2442
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Long time no post! Hopefully it isnt too too painful!
Yeah.. crazy at my place. My sister and her family moved in because they are saving to buy a house. In the processes I lost all personal space and half my clothes! Lol..

As for the teeth, i hope it is not too painful either.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #2443
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yuck Lucca Hope that the pain doesn't get too bad before they get pulled.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:55 AM   #2444
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

My work has put me through agony this past year. Now they are throwing it in the garbage.

The ONLY reason I did not hang up and give my notice immediately is I have too many expenses.

I am literally so mad my face and neck are red and I may need to go home as "sick".
Old 02-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #2445
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
My work has put me through agony this past year. Now they are throwing it in the garbage.

The ONLY reason I did not hang up and give my notice immediately is I have too many expenses.

I am literally so mad my face and neck are red and I may need to go home as "sick".
That really sucks, I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully things get better!
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #2446
Tad
mostly harmless

It sucks that this job has turned out so badly I hope you can find something new soon. That sort of stress is just so horrible to live with
Old 02-23-2017, 12:46 PM   #2447
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Awww....Xy.. you need me to go thefe and do a drive by?

Old 02-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #2448
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

You work with a bunch of assholes. *hug*
Old 02-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #2449
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Sorry Xy, that's really shitty. I'm sure you'll find something better just tough it out for now, you can handle it.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #2450
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

Work affects your whole life and it is really stressful and hard when you have to deal with both a terrible job and people at the same time. I hope that the situation improves or even better, that you find something that is a better fit. Good luck with your job search.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mad, pissed