Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

kaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Bathing Suit Season

So, as you all know, it's summer. I've been wanting to go swimming, but I am tired of not having a bathing suit. Now that I have been becoming more confident with my body, I've been wanting to get one. However, all of the places I have been looking at such as Torrid or Lane Bryant have been ridiculously expensive. Also, when I've gone anywhere else such as Marshall's, TJ Max and such, I haven't found many flattering bathing suits.

Any other ideas that I could look that put out cute, plus sized bathing suits that also happen to be reasonable in prices?

It'd be a huge help. Thank you!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Micara
Living and Learning

Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Target.com has some great plus-sized stuff, and they aren't too expensive. So does Old Navy.

I bought my most recent suit at WomanWithin.com. They have a huge selection- you'll have to weed through the granny stuff- but they do have a wide variety. The good thing about WW is that they ALWAYS have coupon codes out there that you can use. I always check retailmenot.com for coupon codes before I buy ANYTHING online. You can save a great deal that way.

Before that, I think my last suit was bought at Fashion Bug. I always try to buy during the off-season (not that that will help you now, unfortunately.) Also, do they have a CATO in your area? Cute stuff there as well.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

kaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micara View Post
Target.com has some great plus-sized stuff, and they aren't too expensive. So does Old Navy.

I bought my most recent suit at WomanWithin.com. They have a huge selection- you'll have to weed through the granny stuff- but they do have a wide variety. The good thing about WW is that they ALWAYS have coupon codes out there that you can use. I always check retailmenot.com for coupon codes before I buy ANYTHING online. You can save a great deal that way.

Before that, I think my last suit was bought at Fashion Bug. I always try to buy during the off-season (not that that will help you now, unfortunately.) Also, do they have a CATO in your area? Cute stuff there as well.
I'm not sure about CATO but I can always look. Never heard of it though. Target I have yet to go to, but I'm probably heading there next. WomanWithin.com I'll have to check out too. Thank you so much.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You might check out Lands End too. They have some good plus-size suits.

I got mine at Lane Bryant. It was nearly end of the season, and I had real woman dollars, so it ended up being super cheap (like $50 or so). I really love it because the top came in bra sizes, which I have to have. Stupid boobs.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
minerva

minerva can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesminerva can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I got my new suit at WomanWithin.com. They were on sale 50% off, and then I had another coupon that gave me 40% more off that. Definitely check the coupon codes. You can get a real deal on them right now - online, anyway.
minerva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

Good news ladies! I found a really cute suit at KMart by surprise. I didn't expect to, but it's really cute. Perhaps I'll post a picture of it later, but I got lucky! 10 minutes with them closing and I thought I'd try it on and then loved it! Thank you for all your advice though. I've definitely put those links on bookmark just in case.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

I love the way it fits on me. Simple and elegant. It's also very comfortable.

Don't mind my bed head. I woke up and decided to take pictures, haha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1167.jpg (99.1 KB, 645 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1169.jpg (93.6 KB, 638 views)
Old 06-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Micara
Living and Learning

Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylaisamachine View Post

Very cute Kayla! I always forget about Kmart.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Critters

Critters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCritters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Great suit! The colour is perfect for you. Really brings out the lovely warm tones of your skin. I wish I could wear those bright colours, but I'm the colour of a fish belly, and they just make the slightly bluish undertone of my skin (Irish ancestry, very translucent pale skin) really obvious and I just look like I'm ill.

I lucked out on my bathing suit too though... I found it at a Pennington's store. It's a one-piece two-tone blue. But man, plus size suits cost a bundle. And if you swim in a public pool that uses chlorine, you're lucky to get two years out of a suit, even if you wash out the chlorine every time you use the suit. Chlorine just eats swimsuits, and when your suit cost you upwards of $80, that isn't good.
Critters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critters View Post
Great suit! The colour is perfect for you. Really brings out the lovely warm tones of your skin. I wish I could wear those bright colours, but I'm the colour of a fish belly, and they just make the slightly bluish undertone of my skin (Irish ancestry, very translucent pale skin) really obvious and I just look like I'm ill.

I lucked out on my bathing suit too though... I found it at a Pennington's store. It's a one-piece two-tone blue. But man, plus size suits cost a bundle. And if you swim in a public pool that uses chlorine, you're lucky to get two years out of a suit, even if you wash out the chlorine every time you use the suit. Chlorine just eats swimsuits, and when your suit cost you upwards of $80, that isn't good.
I didn't know that! Shoot. I don't even want to go swimming in pools now, haha. Thank you very much though. You can't tell, but it's more of an orange than it is red and I've never thought I would be able to ever pull off orange, but I thought it complimented my skin pretty well too so I'm happy about that.

Girls should feel free to post their bathing suits here. I'm interested to see in the differences of suits and where they are from as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #11
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You got a great suit!!!!! You look happy, and smokin' hot!
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #12
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeshcristina View Post
You got a great suit!!!!! You look happy, and smokin' hot!
Thank you so much! I am happy. Now I just need an excuse to wear it. I have yet to go to a beach or pool yet. I'm determined to make it happen soon though.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
RedheadinNJ
found Mr. Treats-me-Right

RedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Great suit! The one I bought last year was at Walmart believe it or not. It looked positively awful on the hanger but it fits great. I guess it was a learning experience to at least try it on no matter how it looks...
Old 06-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #14
Kamily

Kamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylaisamachine View Post

That is really cute and looks great on you!!
Kamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
Myn

Myn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot pics

I'm too late for this time (really cute suit!), but fyi, Junonia.com has always been my go-to place for swimsuits. They've been expanding into smaller sizes and I've got to write to them asking where the 6x aquatard went, but it's another option for anyone looking around.
Myn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myn View Post
I'm too late for this time (really cute suit!), but fyi, Junonia.com has always been my go-to place for swimsuits. They've been expanding into smaller sizes and I've got to write to them asking where the 6x aquatard went, but it's another option for anyone looking around.
Thank you for this Myn! All of this helps, because with the few plus size stores there are that you can actually go to, I can look for cute stuff other than just swimsuits now online.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
LadyDeelicious
Finally Back Again!

LadyDeelicious can now change their title

Love the suit. I always wait for Avenue.com to send me an email about a sale...I just got a new bottom swim skirt for only $17.95 after all coupons. My top is from last year, but that I got at the end of summer for just $12 through their extra extra clearance.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
Myn

Myn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
with the few plus size stores there are that you can actually go to
I know that feel. Like whoa.

I can buy tops at The Avenue and LB, but for bottoms I've got to roll the dice with online buying. I've got a dress to send back to holyclothing.com and then some to return to womanwithin, since I ended up just making a dress once it became clear that buying one to fit my luxury-sized hips was just not an option.
Myn is offline   Reply With Quote