Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
michiganbhm

michiganbhm can now change their title
Default Any Other BHM's trying to lose weight?

I know I might get killed for asking lol but I've dropped 10 pounds in two weeks and I'm wondering if anyone else here is trying to lose weight.

If you have (or are) dropping lbs, let me know what your diet/exercise is. I'd love to hear some feedback.
michiganbhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganbhm View Post
I know I might get killed for asking lol but I've dropped 10 pounds in two weeks and I'm wondering if anyone else here is trying to lose weight.

If you have (or are) dropping lbs, let me know what your diet/exercise is. I'd love to hear some feedback.
Over the past two years I've dropped about 100 pounds. I didn't exactly start exercising I just started eating "healthier." I made a change in my eating habits; cut out the soda, If I REALLY craved it I'd get a Perrier (I realized it was the carbonation in my throat I really liked not necessarily the sugar.) I drink about 4-6 liters of water a day on average I made sure I started eatingy greens. Lots of spinach and kale, also cooked at home a lot more instead of eating out. I'm still around 300 lbs but I feel good. I love how I feel now compared to myself at the 400lb mark. I'm still just as sexy though.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
ManBeef

ManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Same here. I cut soda. Starting lifting. eating healthier. Some P90X too. I've dropped 65lbs in less than a year. It feels a lot better. I even look better imo
Old 07-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
bigrich711
Too rare to die

bigrich711 can now change their title
Smile

I lost 75 pounds in 2009 and kept it off. Now, in 2012, I've gained 50 pounds back. I've quit drinking that damn Mt. Dew. I'm going to start the P90X stuff in a few days. I'm ready to lose it for good. My brother is in the army, so he's giving me advice straight from his nutritionist.
bigrich711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
captaincane99

captaincane99 can now change their title

There's an iphone app called tap & track that does a pretty good job of calorie counting, without a subscription cost or any sanctimonious bs.
captaincane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Heh... I lose weight all too easily, thanks to the leg muscles from years of being a pedestrian. I'm approaching 250, and trying to gain!
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Thumbs up r e s p e c t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Over the past two years I've dropped about 100 pounds. I didn't exactly start exercising I just started eating "healthier." I made a change in my eating habits; cut out the soda, If I REALLY craved it I'd get a Perrier (I realized it was the carbonation in my throat I really liked not necessarily the sugar.) I drink about 4-6 liters of water a day on average I made sure I started eatingy greens. Lots of spinach and kale, also cooked at home a lot more instead of eating out. I'm still around 300 lbs but I feel good. I love how I feel now compared to myself at the 400lb mark. I'm still just as sexy though.
Brave posts, guys! Very impressive too. BHMs wanting to loose a few to be more comfortable in their own skins, while not getting all hollywood-obsessive & remaining big & handsome = some serious respect!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Heh... I lose weight all too easily, thanks to the leg muscles from years of being a pedestrian. I'm approaching 250, and trying to gain!
Oh man. Life must be so difficult for you.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
samuraiscott
True Story

samuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticed

I am having some serious issues with my weight; at least as far as my happiness with it goes. I think I am going to try to take some of it off.

http://samuraiscott.blogspot.com/
samuraiscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

I've lost a bit over a hundred pounds. I've always been strong and active but I've found myself on the cusp of some very serious health issues in the past two years, so I weighed the scientific evidence and had gastric bypass surgery 10 days ago. I'll never be thin, but i hope to avoid a lifetime of crippling and fatal disease. It was a very tough decision but I'm confident and hopeful
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Best of luck to everyone struggling.

I've lost 365 in five years. No surgery. It's possible. Do what you think is best for YOU but don't do anything stupid or extreme like I did.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #12
likeitmatters
happiness as finally come

likeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 club
Default losing weight.

I am very curious with regards to losing weight. have you found the ones that were interested in you when you were larger and now that you lost weight do you find they do not talk to you much or avoid you all together?

Old 07-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #13
bigpapi4u

bigpapi4u does more than just post hot picsbigpapi4u does more than just post hot picsbigpapi4u does more than just post hot picsbigpapi4u does more than just post hot pics

i'm trying to lose some weigt due to bad circulation on my legs they were turning black but my problem is i have a low metabolism because i did not ate right sometimes i did just one meal a day and im supposed to eat like 6 times now im walking daily 1 hour and eating better i already lost 6 pounds
bigpapi4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #14
BigWilliamUK

BigWilliamUK can now change their title

Im trying too but it's a hell of a fight, I have had medical advice and was told I was'nt eating or drinking enough, what I was eating was no good for me I needed to change my diet fullstop and increse exercise . Originally this was going well but then i got a dvt in my leg and cellulitus and became deeply depressed that put a stop to things but I am starting to get better and I do eat better now and hopefully the weight will start to come off again.
BigWilliamUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
BigWilliamUK

BigWilliamUK can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Best of luck to everyone struggling.

I've lost 365 in five years. No surgery. It's possible. Do what you think is best for YOU but don't do anything stupid or extreme like I did.
Wow welldone thats great.
BigWilliamUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
Bearsy
Genuinely Disingenuous

Bearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging in

I've recently realized that I don't want to lose weight, per se.
As it turns out, I actually really like being a big guy.
What I don't like is being fat, that is to say huge and not fit in any way.
So lately I've taken up an exercise regimen intending to convert my adipose into muscle mass.
Not trying to go roidfreakmode but I am going for that strongfat aesthetic.

Still a big dude, but not a blubbery mess which I personally feel like I am right now.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitmatters View Post
I am very curious with regards to losing weight. have you found the ones that were interested in you when you were larger and now that you lost weight do you find they do not talk to you much or avoid you all together?

My ex-husband didn't want me to lose weight even though my life depended on it. He became controlling and the more weight I lost, the worse it got until he assaulted me and I left him. We were married ten years. Marital counseling didn't help because he refused to talk. So now I go to therapy alone and am much happier and healthier without him.

Also, an ex-boyfriend who've I've remained close to for 15 years isn't happy about my weight loss and has virtually stopped talk to me.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
My ex-husband didn't want me to lose weight even though my life depended on it. He became controlling and the more weight I lost, the worse it got until he assaulted me and I left him. We were married ten years. Marital counseling didn't help because he refused to talk. So now I go to therapy alone and am much happier and healthier without him.

Also, an ex-boyfriend who've I've remained close to for 15 years isn't happy about my weight loss and has virtually stopped talk to me.
What?!? But you've got a killer body!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

And I'm not even thin nor do I intend to be.

Thanks.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
likeitmatters
happiness as finally come

likeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 club
Default I am all for losing weight but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
What?!? But you've got a killer body!

but one must also face that will be or may lose some long time friends. Everybody has their likes and dislikes and I cannot fault them but I also think you could be large and healthy if you work out or at the very least walk everyday which I do. Let your body dictate what is a good weight for ya and you will possibly stablize at that weight.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

I am trying to get a bit healthier, if I lose weight I do if I don't but regain some lost stamina = awesome.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #22
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
but one must also face that will be or may lose some long time friends. Everybody has their likes and dislikes and I cannot fault them but I also think you could be large and healthy if you work out or at the very least walk everyday which I do. Let your body dictate what is a good weight for ya and you will possibly stablize at that weight.
If I gained a lot of weight, I'd expect to keep all my longtime friends. Same if I lost a lot. If my weight was what dictated if people spent time with me or not, I'd be more than happy to lose them as friends. Because it is a shitty way to treat someone, and CP definitely doesn't to be treated like that. AND she looks amazing whatever her size.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #23
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
In that scenario, you'd also have to face up to the fact that you make really shitty "friends". Any relationship, be it romantic or platonic, based purely on someone's physical size isn't one I'd say is worth keeping.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #24
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging in

My weight has been a "roller coaster" most of my life, losing and gaining back (or more) several times. My BMI has been as low as 13 (41 years ago) and as high as 51 (19 years ago).
These days, I'm 100 pounds less than that peak, but still 100 pounds more than I am "supposed" to weigh (really folks, how many 5'10" men in America do you know that weigh 154 or less?).
I've been pretty good and keeping my lunch to less than 400 calories during the workweek and avoiding snacks with calories, but finding it harder to hold the line at and after dinner, especially now that I am under more stress, and the people around me are bringing me to places with fattening food.
I'm not judging anyone else about weight, I just would like to take some of it off myself. When I'm heavier than a certain weight, I feel less endurance for climbing, walking or bicycling. As I get older, that "certain weight" seems to be less and less.

Last edited by RabbitScorpion; 07-08-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: simple typo of=>or
RabbitScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #25
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

My husband has been slowly losing weight and improving his fitness level for the past several months. He was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, which has really affected his knees, ankles, and feet. The treatment regimen he's currently on is preventing further damage, but can't reverse what has already been done. Losing weight is taking some of the pressure off of the damaged joints and making it less painful for him to walk and stand, especially when he has a flare-up. Also, the medication he's on causes fatigue, so improving his fitness level is helping him shake off the effects and have more energy and stamina.

I am losing weight and getting fit to improve my own mobility and health as well. We're in it together, and supporting each other along the way so that we can both be more active and in less pain. The goals we set aren't based on weight or appearance, but on being able to do more of the things we want to do.

Tracy