Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #26
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large
 
Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 610
Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Oh man. Life must be so difficult for you.
Sarcasm noted. Unfortunately, my family's low on funds,so I can't eat as much as I'd like. Instant ramen or a few scrambled eggs for breakfast, usually no lunch, and dinner is whatever we're all sharing...and anyting split five ways isn't very filling.

Apparently I'm down to about 250 these days...
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #27
topher38
Old Warhorse
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 362
topher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this board
Default

Well back in Nov. I was 410 pounds now I am down to 326. I have cut out soda eating better and my new love Hiking has helped a lot.
topher38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
escapist
Belt Buster!
 
escapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,137
escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher38 View Post
Well back in Nov. I was 410 pounds now I am down to 326. I have cut out soda eating better and my new love Hiking has helped a lot.
That is awesome man! I know when I fell in love with hiking it helped me get down to 415ish as well. I have some foot problems now but man do I want to get back to it.

Did you work out to train for it or did you just start hiking?
__________________
"I don't know whether to eat that or roll around naked in it”." - Anthony Bourdain
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #29
topher38
Old Warhorse
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 362
topher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
That is awesome man! I know when I fell in love with hiking it helped me get down to 415ish as well. I have some foot problems now but man do I want to get back to it.

Did you work out to train for it or did you just start hiking?

Well I do train some weight training, and finding the right shoes, well I have 2 different pairs. I wear on the type of trails I will be on. and a good pack, but I slowly worked my way up to my first goal, that was hiking up a mountain, my next one is to go to Black Mesa Oklahoma and walk up the tallest point in Oklahoma.
topher38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #30
Marky85
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Marky85 has said some nice things
Default

I keep saying to myself that I want to drop 40lbs but never have the motivation to really do it. Some days I feel like I should start losing weight other days I feel like gaining more
Marky85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
blackcaesarbhm
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 266
blackcaesarbhm can now change their title
Default

I've recently lost ten pounds by walking, lifting weights and jumping rope..
blackcaesarbhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:35 AM   #32
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,466
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

My BHM is trying to lose weight at the moment, just by getting a little bit of walking done every day. He's doing really well at getting more active and I'm really proud of him.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #33
Geodetic_Effect
 
Geodetic_Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 532
Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Dropped approximately 120 pounds and 14" from my waistline over the last year and a halfish. Gained a decent amount of muscle and strength at the same time. No easy task. One thing I will tell you, you cannot out train a shitty diet. At least 80% of fat loss is how you eat. Honestly, you can lose all the fat you want, relatively fast, without ever training. Of course, I do recommend training and improving fitness, but it isn't necessary for fat loss. And counting calories is bullshit. I range from 6,000 to 10,000 kcal/day. Never had to starve myself. That will end up making you weak and you will rebound. On left I was at a tight fitting 62" waste, the others at 48" waste that requires a belt to not fall down, also with an inside the waste band full size .45 taking up some of that space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loss.jpg (104.1 KB, 353 views)
__________________
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion
Geodetic_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #34
LeoGibson
Slangin'
 
LeoGibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,355
LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
Dropped approximately 120 pounds and 14" from my waistline over the last year and a halfish. Gained a decent amount of muscle and strength at the same time. No easy task. One thing I will tell you, you cannot out train a shitty diet. At least 80% of fat loss is how you eat. Honestly, you can lose all the fat you want, relatively fast, without ever training. Of course, I do recommend training and improving fitness, but it isn't necessary for fat loss. And counting calories is bullshit. I range from 6,000 to 10,000 kcal/day. Never had to starve myself. That will end up making you weak and you will rebound. On left I was at a tight fitting 62" waste, the others at 48" waste that requires a belt to not fall down, also with an inside the waste band full size .45 taking up some of that space.
Good job fella. Congrats.

I recently re-hung my heavy bag and I have my first 'bell on order. I took other folks advice and got the 35 lb. one to start, they all said it isn't about the weight, it's the exercises you do with them. Everyone said I should start there and build up to the heavier ones, I hope that's true, 35 lbs. doesn't seem like it would be heavy enough for much benefit. I'm hoping to get some conditioning and better flexibility to ease some arthritis and old ROM injuries so that if all goes well, I can resume training sometime in the early summer for amateur powerlifting. I haven't trained since '04 and I would like to get back into it.
__________________
From the tattoo on her left leg and the garter on her right. She'd have the card to bring me down
if she played it right
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #35
fritzi
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 314
fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
On left I was at a tight fitting 62" waste, the others at 48" waste that requires a belt to not fall down, also with an inside the waste band full size .45 taking up some of that space.
Oh dear ... you've definitely wasted away .... and it's particularly visible in the waist.....
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #36
Geodetic_Effect
 
Geodetic_Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 532
Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzi View Post
Oh dear ... you've definitely wasted away .... and it's particularly visible in the waist.....
lol, I don't know how I use the correct one at the beginning and then fuck it up later on. I blame lack of sleep. Rep for pointing it out.
__________________
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion
Geodetic_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
Geodetic_Effect
 
Geodetic_Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 532
Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Good job fella. Congrats.

I recently re-hung my heavy bag and I have my first 'bell on order. I took other folks advice and got the 35 lb. one to start, they all said it isn't about the weight, it's the exercises you do with them. Everyone said I should start there and build up to the heavier ones, I hope that's true, 35 lbs. doesn't seem like it would be heavy enough for much benefit. I'm hoping to get some conditioning and better flexibility to ease some arthritis and old ROM injuries so that if all goes well, I can resume training sometime in the early summer for amateur powerlifting. I haven't trained since '04 and I would like to get back into it.
35lb is definitely want you want to start with. It does depend on what you do with it though. Master swings first, even with a 35 they will kick your ass. Kettlebell snatches are amazing for conditioning, that's what I am doing in the photo with a 53lb bell. I always have that and an 18lb bell in my car for impromptu training sessions.
__________________
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion

Last edited by Geodetic_Effect; 03-31-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Geodetic_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #38
Surlysomething
2017
 
Surlysomething's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 11,728
Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

You look great. Congrats on getting healthier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
Dropped approximately 120 pounds and 14" from my waistline over the last year and a halfish. Gained a decent amount of muscle and strength at the same time. No easy task. One thing I will tell you, you cannot out train a shitty diet. At least 80% of fat loss is how you eat. Honestly, you can lose all the fat you want, relatively fast, without ever training. Of course, I do recommend training and improving fitness, but it isn't necessary for fat loss. And counting calories is bullshit. I range from 6,000 to 10,000 kcal/day. Never had to starve myself. That will end up making you weak and you will rebound. On left I was at a tight fitting 62" waste, the others at 48" waste that requires a belt to not fall down, also with an inside the waste band full size .45 taking up some of that space.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #39
escapist
Belt Buster!
 
escapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,137
escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher38 View Post
Well I do train some weight training, and finding the right shoes, well I have 2 different pairs. I wear on the type of trails I will be on. and a good pack, but I slowly worked my way up to my first goal, that was hiking up a mountain, my next one is to go to Black Mesa Oklahoma and walk up the tallest point in Oklahoma.
I gotta say that pretty bad @$$.
__________________
"I don't know whether to eat that or roll around naked in it”." - Anthony Bourdain
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #40
escapist
Belt Buster!
 
escapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,137
escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
Dropped approximately 120 pounds and 14" from my waistline over the last year and a halfish. Gained a decent amount of muscle and strength at the same time. No easy task. One thing I will tell you, you cannot out train a shitty diet. At least 80% of fat loss is how you eat. Honestly, you can lose all the fat you want, relatively fast, without ever training. Of course, I do recommend training and improving fitness, but it isn't necessary for fat loss. And counting calories is bullshit. I range from 6,000 to 10,000 kcal/day. Never had to starve myself. That will end up making you weak and you will rebound. On left I was at a tight fitting 62" waste, the others at 48" waste that requires a belt to not fall down, also with an inside the waste band full size .45 taking up some of that space.
FREAKING HELL MAN! That's Awesome! I'm in the tight 62" zone myself and I just messed my back up camping with my kids. I switched to low carb to try and drop some weight since working out is restricted for me now. Once I get the feeling back in my left leg I'll try hitting weights again. I gotta say your post is a bit inspirational.
__________________
"I don't know whether to eat that or roll around naked in it”." - Anthony Bourdain
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #41
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei
 
Cobra Verde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The war rig
Posts: 1,019
Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Haha, no.
__________________
"People tell you who they are, but we ignore it because we want them to be who we want them to be."
Cobra Verde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #42
Geodetic_Effect
 
Geodetic_Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 532
Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Glad to give any inspiration I can. Just keep at it. Focus your mind and your body will follow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
FREAKING HELL MAN! That's Awesome! I'm in the tight 62" zone myself and I just messed my back up camping with my kids. I switched to low carb to try and drop some weight since working out is restricted for me now. Once I get the feeling back in my left leg I'll try hitting weights again. I gotta say your post is a bit inspirational.
__________________
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion
Geodetic_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #43
bigmac
 
bigmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood Coast
Posts: 10,364
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I just got a new gym membership. I've lost a lot of strength over the last couple of years I've been away from training. I need to rebuild some muscle mass now. I'm almost 50 years old and figure the next few years are my last chance to actually build muscle mass. After that it will just be about preventing muscle loss.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #44
escapist
Belt Buster!
 
escapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,137
escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Thanks Geo, and your right...its little things every day that are making the difference. I recently found a fantastic guide to bodyweight conditioning (which I'm a huge fan of). A few years ago I got up to doing 200 pushups which sounds cool, but really I was just building stamina at that point not strength. Now I know how to continue the progression and keep gaining strength. My room-mate another semi BHM (he's no longer in the 300+ club) turned me onto a book called "Convict Conditioning". It has the complete progression for 6 major body strengthening workouts. Starting at wall pushups which pretty much anybody can do at phase one down to phase 10 which is a 1 handed pushup! The progression is super simple and makes so much sense I feel stupid for not seeing it before. Anyways just thought I would share cause like Geo I believe in Fitness more than Weightloss.
__________________
"I don't know whether to eat that or roll around naked in it”." - Anthony Bourdain
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 AM   #45
Geodetic_Effect
 
Geodetic_Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 532
Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Great book, I have that, Convict Conditioning 2, and the 5 volume DVD series in my library, which is expansive. I'm also more concerned about fitness, but, I have to cut weight to fight. And again, losing fat is all about food.


Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Thanks Geo, and your right...its little things every day that are making the difference. I recently found a fantastic guide to bodyweight conditioning (which I'm a huge fan of). A few years ago I got up to doing 200 pushups which sounds cool, but really I was just building stamina at that point not strength. Now I know how to continue the progression and keep gaining strength. My room-mate another semi BHM (he's no longer in the 300+ club) turned me onto a book called "Convict Conditioning". It has the complete progression for 6 major body strengthening workouts. Starting at wall pushups which pretty much anybody can do at phase one down to phase 10 which is a 1 handed pushup! The progression is super simple and makes so much sense I feel stupid for not seeing it before. Anyways just thought I would share cause like Geo I believe in Fitness more than Weightloss.
__________________
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion
Geodetic_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #46
escapist
Belt Buster!
 
escapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,137
escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
Great book, I have that, Convict Conditioning 2, and the 5 volume DVD series in my library, which is expansive. I'm also more concerned about fitness, but, I have to cut weight to fight. And again, losing fat is all about food.
Hot Damn Bro! What style? I keep toying with the idea myself but I'm getting pretty old for it. My younger brother says he might go for the UFC if I train him. He is already in shape but needs to work on his skills, he's not a little guy and I think has a good shot still in his early 30's. I wouldn't be ready for at least a year or 2 because like you said the weight is an issue. I'll have to look for the DVD's. The best part is I got my kids to start doing some of the conditioning with me! Super excited about that.
__________________
"I don't know whether to eat that or roll around naked in it”." - Anthony Bourdain
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #47
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,466
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Okay boys, I've been trying to restrain myself from coming over all mother hen but I can resist no longer! All I want to say is be careful with all that exercising! I know you know what you are doing and stuff but make sure to warm up your muscles properly and take good care of yourselves and don't overwork yourselves!

...I know you don't need me to tell you both that but I fell better now. ^^
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #48
Geodetic_Effect
 
Geodetic_Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 532
Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

MMA. I still have plenty of work to do to get there, but I train with good people. This is one of the people I spar with.

Link to download Convict Condition DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Hot Damn Bro! What style? I keep toying with the idea myself but I'm getting pretty old for it. My younger brother says he might go for the UFC if I train him. He is already in shape but needs to work on his skills, he's not a little guy and I think has a good shot still in his early 30's. I wouldn't be ready for at least a year or 2 because like you said the weight is an issue. I'll have to look for the DVD's. The best part is I got my kids to start doing some of the conditioning with me! Super excited about that.
"Achieving greatness happens when you are willing to do something that will KILL you, just to make you better."

Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Okay boys, I've been trying to restrain myself from coming over all mother hen but I can resist no longer! All I want to say is be careful with all that exercising! I know you know what you are doing and stuff but make sure to warm up your muscles properly and take good care of yourselves and don't overwork yourselves!

...I know you don't need me to tell you both that but I fell better now. ^^
__________________
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion
Geodetic_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #49
escapist
Belt Buster!
 
escapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,137
escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

loopytheone: Thank's unfortunately what you suggest isn't something you can really teach lol. When your young you can get away with a fast warm-up, when your older like me you usually pay the price if you don't warm-up. I made the mistake of dropping to "cold splits" not to long ago showing off and I hadn't done the splits in a long time. I paid the price. I'm not in my 20's anymore and I feel it. In the end you know, if you work out regularly your body will tell you the level of warm-up you need.

I know certain people who would like to see me go MMA. Long ago I got introduced to a famous UFC fighter before he became famous. He became very close friends with my Sensei and Room-mate. They keep bugging me to go train with him but I keep finding excuses not to (not to mention I don't think he's really at his school here much anymore). Still a tempting thought, maybe I'll see where I'm at when I drop down to 350ish.
__________________
"I don't know whether to eat that or roll around naked in it”." - Anthony Bourdain
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #50
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,466
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
"Achieving greatness happens when you are willing to do something that will KILL you, just to make you better."

Overtraining
Well that is that guy's opinion on overtraining. You would have to be stupid to think that you CAN'T injure yourself by working out too much or too hard. Your joints and your bones have their physical limits before your mind does, that is all that I am saying. I am speaking as somebody who has joint problems throughout my body that I have made worse in the past by pushing past the pain and exhaustion barriers. I know you are probably a lot more sound in bone construction than me, all I am saying is don't hurt yourself. ...also, you might want to not link that video to people. I for one find having a man calling me mother fucker repeatedly offensive, as well as being told that unless I go to extremes with exercise then I must be extremely lazy and unwilling to exercise. There is such a thing as moderation with exercise, it isn't an all or nothing type thing and you get benefits from doing maybe an hour a day of moderate with some intense exercise instead of pushing yourself too hard.

Anyway, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this~

Though it probably wouldn't have killed you to be polite to me, considering that all I did was care enough to be concerned about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
loopytheone: Thank's unfortunately what you suggest isn't something you can really teach lol. When your young you can get away with a fast warm-up, when your older like me you usually pay the price if you don't warm-up. I made the mistake of dropping to "cold splits" not to long ago showing off and I hadn't done the splits in a long time. I paid the price. I'm not in my 20's anymore and I feel it. In the end you know, if you work out regularly your body will tell you the level of warm-up you need.
That is true! But if you listen to your body and are sensible about it then I'm sure you will do just great! ^_^
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.