Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #26
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
IN A PINCH, you can find canned dolmades (no meat, just rice w herbs) on Amazon.com. I can't find the real thing in my area, so I buy a six pack of Aegean brand every now and then. I don't make or buy the traditional sauce. I usually drizzle a favorite dressing on top or dip them. They keep well too.
I can usually find plain (just rice) canned ones in the international foods aisle of a particular grocery store, but they are.....just OK. Nothing wrong with them, but they wouldn't make you love stuffed grape leaves in the first place. I need to find a local store that makes them fresh, with more variety....there are enough stores of various ethnicities around here that I should be able to find a place, I just need to put some time into looking.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #27
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today: left over pan-fried 'baby' potatoes, bought fresh from the farmer's market a couple of days ago. They are sooooooo good!

Oh, and some other stuff, but the simple potatoes are the star of the show in today's lunch.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #28
Tad
mostly harmless

Nothing I haven't mentioned before today, but one note: the honey-mustard chicken is that much better, apparently, when the mustard is real dijon mustard from Dijon, France, rather than a domestic copy. Some tastes are just hard to quite reproduce!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #29
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had a very nice lunch: 1/2 a whole grain bagel with cream cheese, cold salmon and dill; steamed beets with more dill and a plum. Later in the afternoon I had some baba ghanouj with pita crackers for a snack.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #30
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The always classic Turkey Sandwhich on whole wheat bread.

Greek yogurt: unsweetened.

Some fruit, usually a banana but lately watermelon has been on sale in CA so I've been taking whole tupper wear containers full to work with me (the kind you use for casserole)
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #31
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I made a veggie wrap on whole-wheat tortilla with mayo. Just shredded carrots/broccoli with lettuce. It was good.

I do like fresh veggies, just not for every meal.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #32
Tad
mostly harmless

Thanks for bumping this--I'd pretty much forgotten!

Today was
- a (tupperware) bowl of the carrot-ginger soup my wife made yesterday,
- a thick slice of (2 day old) bakery made, whole wheat, bread.
- a mandarin orange (actually being saved for a mid-afternoon snack)
- a banana
- 2 oatmeal cookies.

Which ended up not feeling substantial enough, so I went to a nearby deli and got a small serving of creamy mac 'n cheese with mushrooms, which gave the missing heartiness. Light lunches just never seem to really work for me, I can plan them....but then I give in to my appetite and go out and buy something.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #33
Tad
mostly harmless

Some days you hit the left-overs jack pot

Today I have some bits of duck, brown-rice that was cooked with a bit of broth for extra flavour, carrot-ginger soup (again.....I swear I don't have it all the time), yoghurt into which I stirred the dregs of an espresso, banana, orange, and a bit of cheese to chase it all down.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #34
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I did a lot of cooking this weekend and had a boned, thinly sliced, cold, rare lamb loin chop with baby spinach and a little sour cream with horseradish. I also had a few apple slices and pita crackers with homemade hummus and quinoa tabouli to go with it, and it was so good.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #35
ecogeek

ecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized rep

This is the Ms Bento. I received one a few years ago. All of my lunches go into it. Fantastic plan and you can get really creative. They have sites dedicated to these containers.

ecogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #36
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Well, I'm working at home today so it's not technically brown-bagging, but I made egg salad from the Easter eggs I colored this weekend.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #37
Tad
mostly harmless

Over the Easter weekend we ended up with two dinners at my parents, and one odds and ends clean up meal, leaving me without leftovers today--eek! So today was a sunflower-butter & jam sandwich (on whole wheat bread), a container of plain yoghurt, some celery sticks, a banana, a chocolate-chip square, and an orange (which I've not had yet).