Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default July/Aug Iron Foodee Challenge

Thanks everyone that voted for me I don't know about you guys..but I love Chicken Wings and while the wing restaurants get some of my money, I sometimes like making chicken wings at home. So, give us your best recipes for chicken wings...baked, fried, grilled, etc.

Past Challenge List
Dec - Oranges

Jan - Cream Cheese
Feb - Soda pop
Mar - Recipes containing a can of soup
Apr Shrimp
May Eggs
Jun Liquor
Jul - Pasta/couscous etc Salads
Aug Zucchini
Sep - Quick breads / Muffins
Oct Cheese
Nov Cranberries
Dec - Fudge

Jan - Slow Cooker Recipe
Feb Potatoes
Mar - Garlic and Mushrooms
Apr Chicken
May Lemons
Jun - 30 min Hot Weather Recipes
Jul - Preserves - Jams, Chutneys, Relishes etc
Aug Coffee
Sep - Tofu / Cottage Cheese
October Pumpkin
November - Sweet Potatoes/Yams
December - Mint

January Soup
February Pork
March-Mexican Food
April Cereal
May- Berries
June-Yogurt
July Corn
August Asian
September - Breakfast foods
October Nuts
November Onions
December - Meat in Casings

January - Side Salads
February Spinach
March Beans
April-hot sandwiches
May-Soy Sauce
June cookies
July - Sour Cream
August - (Summer Break)
Sept - BBQ Foods.
October - Southern cuisine
November - Peanut butter
December-"Packaged Food"

January rice
February chocolate
March - Irish food
April - Butter
May- Flour
June-Father's Day Recipes
July-Mayo/Miracle Whip
August-jalapenos
September - Apples
October - candy
November-Root Vegetables
December - Heavy Whipping Cream

January - Cakes
February - chocolate
March- Pizza
April - Crescent Rolls
May - Picnic!
June-Beef
July-Chicken Wings
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't know where you get your chickens from in the US, but in the UK ours are tiny and not worth bothering with. As a result we don't have much in the way of recipes. I had been hoping to see some ideas here though, maybe for doing thighs!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think we need to carry this one through August. I'd like some wing recipes myself.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I just made this with drumsticks, but I suppose it could work with wings.

You need: Big skillet for frying
Cooking oil or crisco, enough for 1/2". Crisco will make the chicken extra crispy.
Flour or bread crumbs & egg to coat with

Seasonings to sprinkle over the chicken:
Garam marsala, about 1 tbsp
Chili powder to taste
Minced garlic (I like Trader Joe's roasted)
Salt
Pepper

Coat the chicken with the egg, flour/bread crumbs and seasonings mix. Fry until crispy.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sticky Chicken Wings

2 lbs. chicken wings, remove and discard wing tip, cut at the remaining joint
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1/4 c. fish sauce
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, smashed and peeled
1/8 tsp. cayenne

Preheat oven to 325 F. Mix all the ingredients until the sugar dissolves; add wings and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a 9"x13" pan*, add all the sauce and bake for 1 hour. Increase heat to 450 F. Bake for another 30 minutes until the sauce is reduced and creates a glaze, turning them occasionally.

*Don't use your best pan as it will get messy and need to soak for a while before it will come clean. They're worth it.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is actually a Hooters Recipe. LOL

Beer-Battered Wings

Ingredients:
18 whole chicken wings**
vegetable oil, for frying
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup pale ale
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
your favorite barbecue or dipping sauce

To make the beer batter, combine the flour, cornstarch, pale ale, salt, and pepper. Whisk these ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cut the chicken wings into three sections and discard wing tips. Dip the wings in the batter and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

**I used frozen wings (thawed) that came precut and it seemed to work just fine.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote