Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
Paul

Paul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Gasoline saving tips

With the high price of gas at te pumps these gas saving tips are timely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBC News
Gas saving tips: What works and what doesn't
CBC News Online | April 24, 2006

There's nothing like gasoline prices at more than $1 a litre to get people thinking about ways to save money at the pumps. Motorists hate it when gas prices rise and many refuse to believe that it's simply supply and demand at work.
Drivers will dutifully consult websites devoted to finding the lowest prices in their area and will then drive kilometres out of their way to join the inevitable line to fill up. It seems there are few things more satisfying than buying a tankful of cheap(er) gas.

Of course, there are many ways to save money on gas. You can always move to Venezuela, where it costs about three cents a litre. If that's too drastic, you can take public transit, car pool or combine short trips. But what if you simply want to drive the same amount but save money. Fortunately, you're in luck.
Most of the following gas saving tips have been tested under controlled conditions either in Canada or the United States. And some of them have been found to save so much gas, you'll think you've bought a hybrid car (which is, of course, another great way to save gas money).
Go here for the rest of the article➔Gas saving tips

I'm a Canadian.

Last edited by Paul; 07-05-2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: better formating of the quote.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
HappyFatChick
On Timeout

HappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this board

And get a credit card with 5% off of gas. If you use $200/month, that's $10 (or $120/year.)
HappyFatChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
HassanChop

HassanChop has said some nice things

Here's one: sell the Escalade and buy a Civic............
Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Do what I do: Don't buy gasoline.

Get a diesel!
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
HappyFatChick
On Timeout

HappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this board

That costs more in some places.
HappyFatChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFatChick
That costs more in some places.
Costs more per unit, perhaps, but burns more efficiently.

Here, it's cheaper then gasoline.

I get about 620 miles out of my 11-gallon tank (about 56 mpg).
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Get a Diesel and use the used vegetable oil from McDonalds!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #8
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wondering if anybody else here takes public transportation....ever!!..if it available and you are never using it..do not whine...waaaaa...
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFatChick
And get a credit card with 5% off of gas. If you use $200/month, that's $10 (or $120/year.)
YES! This is a pretty good deal. Also, at WM, you get three cents off gas if you buy a gift card and use it to pay for gas, if you oppose credit cards, or like me, never keep 'em on you.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #10
mottiemushroom
Give it some welly!!!

mottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticed

I don't drive ... but i have a petrol lawn mower ... sounds to me like a good excuse for me NOT to cut the grass

I'm just a likkle mushroom .... fed on bulls**t & kept in the dark - but still i thrive :p

http://www.myspace.com/mottiescowpatcottage
mottiemushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #11
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pfft, I bought Korean, 35mpg, and I love it. That's the best I can do with the money I have, and I combine as many things as I can before driving.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote