Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #51
PlumBlossom

PlumBlossom can now change their title

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate everything you shared. It's nice to hear that you've matured and that you have grown to accept bigger girls and see that they are just as dateable and lovable as any other girl.
PlumBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:52 AM   #52
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It has been nearly 2 years since I posted this story. And as is often the case, the only constant in life is change and a lot has changed since I posted. Mainly my wife has changed. In the face of change you can resist, embrace, or dive in and be a part of it. I've chosen the latter.

My wife has wanted to lose weight for a long time and in the past 3 months has finally gained some traction. It was always important to her to shed weight, and now she has finally accomplished it. So where does that leave me? How do I adjust to my wife losing weight when I enjoyed her at her peak weight? Is this any different than a woman gaining weight when her husband likes her at a more lean weight?

It could be, but I've chosen not to let it be. You see, our bodies will change over time anyway. We gain, we lose, we age. And while physical attraction plays a major role in getting a relationship off the ground, it really falls into a secondary role once that relationship has taken flight. With this in mind, I've fully embraced my wife's efforts. I couldn't be more proud of her. She expressed some concern that I would no longer be attracted to her due to her weight loss, but that has not been the case.

It has taken her a lot of hard work and discipline. To show my support, I took an honest self-assessment and decided while I was in shape, I could really press a little harder as well. I've slimmed down a little as well. A knee injury forced me to back off my trail running and into the weight room, so I've sculpted my upper body to levels I've never before seen. I am glad to be doing this with my wife and not simply be a spectator.

Looking back, I think it was probably insensitive to share my wife's numbers on the initial post of this thread, but since that cat is out of the bag I'll say this: Her weight loss is approaching triple digits from peak weight and is over 70 pounds since starting this push. I couldn't be more proud of her, and am so happy to see her happy, confident, and finally in control of something she struggled against for many years.

This does not mean I am no longer attracted to bigger women. But the truth is since I'm married I have no business being attracted to anyone besides my wife anyway. I will always have an appreciation for BBWs and SSBBWs. But the most important thing to me is to be attracted to my wife and accept the changes she is making in her life.

So far I have done just that.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #53
stickypistil

stickypistil has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I will always have an appreciation for BBWs and SSBBWs. But the most important thing to me is to be attracted to my wife and accept the changes she is making in her life.
Hallelujah!

My best wishes to you both.
stickypistil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #54
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
Snip....
Others should learn from you both - very deeply grateful that you have shared this incredible and beautiful journey.

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #55
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am really so glad that you looked deep inside you and realised these things and that your marriage is still going well! You sound like a kind, caring and supportive husband and your wife is lucky to have you!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote