Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
joey86

joey86 does more than just post hot picsjoey86 does more than just post hot picsjoey86 does more than just post hot pics
Default Whats happend to Dimensions? Where have all the feeder, feedees and FAs gone?

I have been on this site for a while now and I have noticed a decline in the number of feeder/feedee/FA posts... Why is this?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Think About It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
I have been on this site for a while now and I have noticed a decline in the number of feeder/feedee/FA posts... Why is this?
Regardless of intent and mutual agreement, the term "feeder" will always have the connotation, to some, as being a sociopathic abuser who wishes to abuse and hurt his/her partner. In my years of reflection on the subject, I have finally realized that feederism is not for me, as I'm actually longing for a partner who is naturally quite fat and at peace with her body at a level of obesity similar to mine, who loves love-touch intimacy as much as I do. Your results may vary, as the preceding was only my opinion.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
MadLordOfMilk

MadLordOfMilk can now change their title

I lurk here on a regular basis, but that's hardly posting.

To be quite blunt, I don't have much to add. I've had a few points where I've said to myself, "this forum isn't moving much lately, maybe I should post something..." but that's quickly followed up with "...but I have nothing to post about. Hm."

I'm not saying there isn't an interesting discussion to be had, of course! I just can't think of any particular conversation starters of interest
MadLordOfMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

Just from what I've observed but...

There seems to be abit of a move towards Tumblr (yes really) as opposed to the forums.

From what I've heard some were not pleased with the way how FF was gradually moving away from being a site about feederism and more into a fat-friendly site.

That, and there seems to be a distaste for moderation.

People don't like having their posts mod slapped because it might offend someone.

They want to say their damn opinions without much of a mod slap and Tumblr seems to offer that for them.

They've also established a type of feeder tinychat too..

That's just from what I've seen.

It seems to be a general move away from forums overall not just Dims.

That's just my thoughts
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Just from what I've observed but...

There seems to be abit of a move towards Tumblr (yes really) as opposed to the forums.

From what I've heard some were not pleased with the way how FF was gradually moving away from being a site about feederism and more into a fat-friendly site.

That, and there seems to be a distaste for moderation.

People don't like having their posts mod slapped because it might offend someone.

They want to say their damn opinions without much of a mod slap and Tumblr seems to offer that for them.

They've also established a type of feeder tinychat too..

That's just from what I've seen.

It seems to be a general move away from forums overall not just Dims.

That's just my thoughts
Being a tumblr user myself I'd say your "spot on". . I don't frequent or follow a lot of the other folks there, but I am interested in the open air opinions of people. I may not agree with them, but they have the right to say what they wish. .If I don't like it I don't have to "follow" them. . but who agrees or disagrees with anyone 100% of the time. .
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dimensions went online in 1995. Back then, you could count the plus-size websites on the fingers of one hand. Today there are thousands, plus Facebook, plus numerous blogging sites, plus, plus, plus. With so many more venues to socialize and communicate, it's quite natural that people will use whatever style and venue suits them best.

A community like Dimensions, by nature, will always be a compromise. One with rules and things people like and do not like. I don't see Dimensions in competition with any other venue or site; it's simply a place where a lot of people of size, and who like size, gather.

Last edited by Webmaster; 07-25-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
joey86

joey86 does more than just post hot picsjoey86 does more than just post hot picsjoey86 does more than just post hot pics

Tumblr... is that a US thing? will have to check it out.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
cooljoeyd

cooljoeyd has said some nice things

They moved to the paysite board
cooljoeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Its hard to appeal to everyone.
Knowing those who are living the lifestyle may not have much in common or to say to those who only desire in secret or just fantasy only.
Knowing those who are embracing their size for the first time may not be able to come to grips with those who embrace and desire to grow fatter.
Whether here or ff, I personally don't see as many at or on my level when it comes to the lifestyle (i'm mutual gainer btw) as a result my interest and post count wanes.
I have noticed the deeper/more extreme or darker things have become with this lifestyle, the smaller the circle I associate with as a result.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote