Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #226
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Feels good to be doing music again. It's been a crazy couple of months with some family drama limiting my spare time, but all is good now.

This was supposed to come out in October or November, and it's still not 100% done, but here is a song from my upcoming hardcore punk EP...volume/angry warning...

Ketone Militia- I Still Don't Like You

Last edited by MattB; 12-26-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Cleaned up link...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #227
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Feels good to be doing music again. It's been a crazy couple of months with some family drama limiting my spare time, but all is good now.

This was supposed to come out in October or November, and it's still not 100% done, but here is a song from my upcoming hardcore punk EP...volume/angry warning...

Hell yeah! Loves me some thrash punk. I only wish it was a little longer!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #228
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Hell yeah! Loves me some thrash punk. I only wish it was a little longer!
No sweeping metal epics, just the musical equivalent of being attacked by a small dog.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #229
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Amongst other stalled projects, I'm going to be working more with audio storytelling (group project).

Decided to fiddle about with soundcloud and see how it works.....

Sample
Old 01-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #230
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Amongst other stalled projects, I'm going to be working more with audio storytelling (group project).

Sample
Very cool Sassy. You have a good voice for narration. It definitely made me want to hear more of the story!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #231
ManBeef

ManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I can cartwheel...
Old 01-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #232
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Very cool Sassy. You have a good voice for narration. It definitely made me want to hear more of the story!
Thanks Leo! *gets back to work*
Old 01-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #233
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN86Gif6JaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuhvgc4JU0

New song i was working on, two slightly different versions. It's not really finished so could change alot of it. I had 2 versions one strumming and one more finger picking. Not sure which one i like better but i think i am leaning towards the finger picking one more, but yeah they still sound alittle similar but still kinda different enough. But i like both. So yeah still in the early stages i guess you can say. Better quality was on my phone but wouldn't let me upload from the phone so yeah.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 01-31-2014 at 07:00 PM.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #234
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

holy shit, I was NOT ready for that. Had to slick my hair back down.

Great listen!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #235
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I reckon I'll post here, although I think I feel much like Hozay in that it seems like there is only me, him, and MattB. and maybe one or two more people that see what we do here in this thread. Hey, if you listen, and you like it, let us know!

Anyways, here is the next 3 I'm going to do a full arrangement for. Here are the acoustic demos for the lot of them.

Battle Lines acoustic demo

The Road To Hell acoustic demo

Lonesome Yellow Rose acoustic demo
dude, did you take all your stuff down?
Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #236
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post

Sample
This was really awesome Sassy. I've listened a few times and have really enjoyed it.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #237
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN86Gif6JaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuhvgc4JU0

New song i was working on, two slightly different versions. It's not really finished so could change alot of it. I had 2 versions one strumming and one more finger picking. Not sure which one i like better but i think i am leaning towards the finger picking one more, but yeah they still sound alittle similar but still kinda different enough. But i like both. So yeah still in the early stages i guess you can say. Better quality was on my phone but wouldn't let me upload from the phone so yeah.
Nice work HD. You have a definite Goo Goo Dolls influence going on there. I like the second version a little better. But one thing you could try is do the fingerpicking stuff on the verses and then strum the chorus to give it a definition between the two, and that way it will quiet down the verses a little. Not a bad little dynamic trick.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #238
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
dude, did you take all your stuff down?
These three I did. They were just first run acoustic demos I had posted at a couple other places and here for feedback. Two of them I am working on fully arranging and one irritated me the more I listened to it so it got scrapped altogether.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #239
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Nice work HD. You have a definite Goo Goo Dolls influence going on there. I like the second version a little better. But one thing you could try is do the fingerpicking stuff on the verses and then strum the chorus to give it a definition between the two, and that way it will quiet down the verses a little. Not a bad little dynamic trick.

Thanks Leo! I LOVE The Goo Goo Dolls! one of my favorite bands man ever. I love John Rzeznik, definitly one of my favorite artist/musician/singer-songwriters ever and it is pretty apparent i know his influence comes through in my work alot. John also was heavily influenced by Paul Westerberg too and i love him too so yeah haha lol. Yeah what i like definitly comes out in my work. Yeah i wanted to do 2 versions of the song a strumming one and a picking one.

I definitly agree i like the 2nd one better, someone else told me that too and i do agree. I think the song fits better as a finger picking song too. It's a simple little song, im still not finished with it really i might change alot of it and or tweak it out.

The song has good bones and a good foundation to it, and i think it is shaping up pretty well for the most part. Just have to polish it abit more. I didn't want the strumming to overtake my voice, which seems to happen sometimes lol.

I agree the finger picking one is better so i will focus on that one. Thanks for the input Leo! and i will try to post another cover soon too! working on a few covers actually. I love to alternate in songs, i love to have one part finger-picking one part strumming, i love that. Definitly a good idea to merge them together i agree.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 02-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #240
MattB

Yay! The thread is back. Listening to HeavyDuty's track while changing strings on the axe. Cool stuff!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #241
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Yay! The thread is back. Listening to HeavyDuty's track while changing strings on the axe. Cool stuff!

Haha hey thanks man! i love your songs man! you have skills on the axe mad skills man. Yeah it had been awhile since i posted or anyone else posted but yeah glad the thread is back! im working on more songs and working on a few covers i will eventually post. I need to do an electric guitar song too soon haha.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 02-02-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #242
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cu-H-_rpX8

A cover "attempt" at one of my favorite songs, lover Cyndi. Sorry about my voice, was trying to keep a low/high tone with this one, i think it fits the song best. Love this song, very personal to me. I may redo it i will see. But yes here it is.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #243
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmttPd4oI8

Well here is my Island In The Sun Weezer cover LOVE Weezer and Rivers!. Damn that guitar rattle ugh. But yeah guess it was another attempt. I felt it could have been better but it's am attempt i guess. Need to fix that rattle ugh.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 AM   #244
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmttPd4oI8

Well here is my Island In The Sun Weezer cover LOVE Weezer and Rivers!. Damn that guitar rattle ugh. But yeah guess it was another attempt. I felt it could have been better but it's am attempt i guess. Need to fix that rattle ugh.
Your timing seems to be really solid, you aren't wavering very much when it comes to keeping time which is something that a lot of people seem to struggle with.

Make sure to keep your guitar tuned up and give it a good tuning right before you play anything, even if you're just practicing. What are you currently using to tune your guitar?
Old 02-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #245
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

I think it has alot to do with the guitar too it always kinda rattled like that it's a cheaper one plus my current capo does that too my other one o man my buddy got broke by accident i need to get another one. Plus i want to do some Harmonica songs but can't find my Harmonica worth a damn ugh i need to find it. And i usually self tune my guitar lol, i do have a guitar tuner thing i think but i never use it lol i should more. Been wanting to post things like Heart Of Gold, Don't Think Twice It's Alright, and some Springsteen stuff but need to find my Harmonica first ugh dammet.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 02-08-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #246
LeoGibson
Slangin'

I agree with Hozay, the timing is good, but you definitely need to give that axe a good tuning! Other than that both covers were pretty nice! Rock on.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #247
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
I agree with Hozay, the timing is good, but you definitely need to give that axe a good tuning! Other than that both covers were pretty nice! Rock on.

Aw thanks Leo! yeah it does need some tuning! i really want a new guitar once i get the extra money im definitly getting one. It always had alittle bit of rattle to me. And i need to find my voice i have alot of different singing voices but really need to find "my own" one that fits me best. Thanks for the input man and everyone. Sometimes my guitar is better tuned then other times but yeah definitly will give it a tuning!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #248
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
I think it has alot to do with the guitar too it always kinda rattled like that it's a cheaper one plus my current capo does that too my other one o man my buddy got broke by accident i need to get another one. Plus i want to do some Harmonica songs but can't find my Harmonica worth a damn ugh i need to find it. And i usually self tune my guitar lol, i do have a guitar tuner thing i think but i never use it lol i should more. Been wanting to post things like Heart Of Gold, Don't Think Twice It's Alright, and some Springsteen stuff but need to find my Harmonica first ugh dammet.
keep a look out online as well, there's tons of sites that will just play you an A440 or a specific note, and you can go from there. If you have a smartphone there's some decent tuners available that are free or around $1, that will actually show the timbre of the note with a needle. It'll change your life.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #249
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
keep a look out online as well, there's tons of sites that will just play you an A440 or a specific note, and you can go from there. If you have a smartphone there's some decent tuners available that are free or around $1, that will actually show the timbre of the note with a needle. It'll change your life.
+1.

I'm a compulsive tuner. I have tuners everywhere. I even have an app that measures dbs in my room so I make sure to mix at the right sound level.

<--Obsessed.

I fix guitars too, but being a foreigner that doesn't help anyone very much.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #250
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

I do admit i never been much of a tuner guess it was just a habit lol, i will admit that lol. But it is something i definitly will start doing now. Thanks guys. I notice the tune is better on some songs then others when i play.