Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #276
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Finallllly...Punk EP is out now for free download...

http://ketonemilitia.bandcamp.com/

Chopped it down to just 5 songs, less than 10 minutes of angst from the suburbs!

Note- Profanity and volume warning...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #277
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post

Chopped it down to just 5 songs, less than 10 minutes of angst from the suburbs!

Awesome job Matt!

That was a kick-ass EP. I know I'll be back to listen to it multiple times. I think I liked Fashionably Hate the best of all! With Your Crew Is Very Old being a close second.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #278
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks! It's a very angry EP. I think I like the project, so I'm going to work on new stuff later this year once I get my other stuff done.

15 year old me would love it.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #279
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

That rocks Matt! i will be posting more covers soon. Did one but been having trouble uploading it hopefully it will work soon. Then of course new material, great job man loved it.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #280
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Since it has been a very long time since I contributed to this thread, I reckon I'll post this one up. I'll forewarn you that it is very rough. I just finished it up today, and I'm sure before it will be totally finished there will be some lyrical tweaks and maybe some chordal tweaks in the progression. I'm still toying with the idea of throwing a minor chord in there somewhere to class it up a bit!

I was reluctant to post this one, but I was thinking it might be cool to hear what other writers like Matt or Hozay's thoughts about it, or HeavyDuty24, or anyone else for that matter. Does it need a third verse or maybe a bridge section? Does it delineate good enough between verse 1 and 2 to know which one refers to the wife and which is about the other woman? Anyways, here it is, a very rough acoustic demo.

The Woman That Turns Me On

Yep, it is an old school tortured love, will he or won't he cheat country tune. So you have been warned.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #281
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Since it has been a very long time since I contributed to this thread, I reckon I'll post this one up. I'll forewarn you that it is very rough. I just finished it up today, and I'm sure before it will be totally finished there will be some lyrical tweaks and maybe some chordal tweaks in the progression. I'm still toying with the idea of throwing a minor chord in there somewhere to class it up a bit!

I was reluctant to post this one, but I was thinking it might be cool to hear what other writers like Matt or Hozay's thoughts about it, or HeavyDuty24, or anyone else for that matter. Does it need a third verse or maybe a bridge section? Does it delineate good enough between verse 1 and 2 to know which one refers to the wife and which is about the other woman? Anyways, here it is, a very rough acoustic demo.

Yep, it is an old school tortured love, will he or won't he cheat country tune. So you have been warned.
It sounds great to me, your recordings keep getting better and stronger. As far as the verses, are you referring to around 1:02? If so, I don't think you need a transition personally, but it might work to change the first line from "TWTTMO" to something different that means the same since you use that line at the end of most of the verses. I hope that makes sense? Otherwise...thumbs up!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #282
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Thanks dude. I just try to keep them simple, and this one being a 1+1 vocal and guitar I wanted that lonesome empty beer hall sound so I added a faair bit of 'verb.

This one still needs work, but I like the bones of it. Thanks for checking it out.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #283
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

OMG I LOVE IT MAN! VERY Steve Earle-ish! powerful man. Im working on a new song myself will post it soon just working out the kinks of it. It's very personal im breaking out my older acoustic guitar for this one since it has a more hollow bassier sound and i like that sound better for this song. I want to do an electric guitar song too. This sounds great man, blows me away. Your song writing and guitar playing is very prolific and powerful, i can always hear your feelings in your playing and singing and that's what i always try to aim for too. Only thing i could say that would maybe go with this amazing piece of work is that i think this song would sound cool with a harmonica. But it's perfect as is, i really love this man.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 03-23-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: c
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #284
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Thanks dude. I just try to keep them simple, and this one being a 1+1 vocal and guitar I wanted that lonesome empty beer hall sound so I added a faair bit of 'verb.

This one still needs work, but I like the bones of it. Thanks for checking it out.

I agree im like that alot of times, i just keep it simple and to the point like. I like that man. The new song im working on kinda got that country vibe too. Can't wait till i get better recording equipment man, what do you use?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #285
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
I agree im like that alot of times, i just keep it simple and to the point like. I like that man. The new song im working on kinda got that country vibe too. Can't wait till i get better recording equipment man, what do you use?
Thanks for checking it out. I'll look forward to hearing yours as well.

I use PreSonus Studio One software and the Mic is also from them. I think I recall reading somewhere that it is made for them by Sennheiser, but I could be wrong about that. Either way, it is a decent low-end condenser microphone.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #286
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Thanks for checking it out. I'll look forward to hearing yours as well.

I use PreSonus Studio One software and the Mic is also from them. I think I recall reading somewhere that it is made for them by Sennheiser, but I could be wrong about that. Either way, it is a decent low-end condenser microphone.

Im going to have to get it! i know i would sound better with better recording equipment. You always sound good. Also want that cardinal mic or whatever it's called like that guitar mic thing lol. Thankfully my phone does a decent enough job lol. I do want a good quality mic and software and yours sounds good. Look foward to your future work man
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #287
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox_ygTG1m0g

Did a quick cover of "Wondeful" by Everclear. Had been contemplating should i upload this but figured what the hey might as well. Might redo another one in a different capo arrangment and maybe alittle slower.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #288
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox_ygTG1m0g

Did a quick cover of "Wondeful" by Everclear. Had been contemplating should i upload this but figured what the hey might as well. Might redo another one in a different capo arrangment and maybe alittle slower.
Good job. You have an eclectic taste in music as well. I think slowed down this would sound pretty cool. You should try it with the capo arrangement.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #289
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Good job. You have an eclectic taste in music as well. I think slowed down this would sound pretty cool. You should try it with the capo arrangement.

Hey thanks man! yeah i love alot of different music all kinds from different decades. Yeah i didn't think it sounded as fast until i played it back. I was messing around with the different capo arrangements they all sounded pretty good. Im going to do more covers to come! and still working on new music too. I do love Everclear and Art one of my favorites.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #290
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jn5md_WuAg

Had to cover The Boss's "Atlantic City". Anyone who knows me knows im a larger then life Springsteen fan and love all his songs, but Atlantic City has always been one of my favorites. Kinda proud of this one, liked how it turned out.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #291
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jn5md_WuAg

Had to cover The Boss's "Atlantic City". Anyone who knows me knows im a larger then life Springsteen fan and love all his songs, but Atlantic City has always been one of my favorites. Kinda proud of this one, liked how it turned out.
One of my favorite songs of his! Nice choice. Good job.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #292
LeoGibson
Slangin'

I didn't like the first version so I re-structured it. It seemed a bit too contrived to me and not as raw or honest as it was intended. It wasn't fitting in my view of punk/country. Straight forward and simple and honest. So here is the new and improved? version.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #293
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
One of my favorite songs of his! Nice choice. Good job.

Thanks man! i agree! i love Springsteen and Atlantic City is definitly one of my favorite Springsteen songs, but really love and adore all his work im a huge fan. I will definitly cover more Springsteen. Actually did a cover of "My City Of Ruins" by Springsteen awhile back but it wouldn't upload.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 04-26-2014 at 05:02 PM.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #294
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
I didn't like the first version so I re-structured it. It seemed a bit too contrived to me and not as raw or honest as it was intended. It wasn't fitting in my view of punk/country. Straight forward and simple and honest. So here is the new and improved? version.

Excellent work Leo! this blows me away. Very Steve Earle/Woody Guthrie-ish, i love it. Very powerful. Been working on my new song but with work and stuff been hard to finish it. But im still working on it.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #295
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Excellent work Leo! this blows me away. Very Steve Earle/Woody Guthrie-ish, i love it. Very powerful. Been working on my new song but with work and stuff been hard to finish it. But im still working on it.
Thanks dude. I appreciate it. It's hard finding time sometimes, but you'll get it done.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #296
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Thanks dude. I appreciate it. It's hard finding time sometimes, but you'll get it done.

Your welcome man and that's true. But there is always a time you will get it done definitely.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #297
MattB

Back at it! Wrote an instrumental last night and mixed it today. I might still mess with the mix, as I always do, but for now it's posted...

Astral Touch- Spiderwebs
Old 07-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #298
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Back at it! Wrote an instrumental last night and mixed it today. I might still mess with the mix, as I always do, but for now it's posted...

Astral Touch- Spiderwebs
I liked this one on your Soundcloud page, but you posted this during my internet hiatus. Nice job as usual Matt. You have such a killer tone I am very envious!!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #299
LeoGibson
Slangin'

I have not posted anything new in a while. Some of you that look in on this thread (all 3 of you ) may remember the acoustic version. Here is the fully finished recording. It sounds pretty good if I do say so myself. Especially since someone who can sing better than I can handled the vocal duties on this one. I just played electric guitar on it.

Lonesome Yellow Rose
Old 07-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #300
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I have not posted anything new in a while. Some of you that look in on this thread (all 3 of you ) may remember the acoustic version. Here is the fully finished recording. It sounds pretty good if I do say so myself. Especially since someone who can sing better than I can handled the vocal duties on this one. I just played electric guitar on it.

Lonesome Yellow Rose
Dude, this came out pretty fucking awesome.

I know you didn't play the part, but I was also really digging the steel-lap. Pretty fucking awesome writing man.

Good to see you back as well!