Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #76
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Finally posted the first preview track from my metal band's next CD on Soundcloud. I still have work to do on leads and some vocals on the rest of it, but this particular song is pretty much done. If you like groups like Cradle Of Filth, At The Gates, or pretty much anything Swedish, you may be into this...

https://soundcloud.com/crossedstream...ng-the-rectory

Lyrics are in the poetry thread.
Fuckin' A!!

That is kick-ass. You could do this for a living if you wanted to. I only wish I could play guitar like that. Those are some sick licks. The whole thing sounds great. Great tone, great mix, just very well done.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #77
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks Sir!

My ears are shot for the night again. I did some more lead work on another song, and for the first time ever I actually like my solos. We'll see how they sound tomorrow...

Edit- Oh and the final masters will be a few dbs louder, nice and smashed...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #78
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My newest song.

I Miss The Fire
Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #79
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
My newest song.

I Miss The Fire
Awesome again! I like the little guitar fills, they work perfectly.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #80
MattB

I wasn't going to post this one, since it's another cover tune, but I just did this yesterday afternoon...as per usual I spooked it up a bit so it goes under my metal band, even though there's no guitars...

Crossed Streams- My Wild Love (Doors Cover)

Nothing but my voice(s), a kick drum, and a sample of a heartbeat I pulled off the 'net. I was supposed to be working on the new CD.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #81
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Awesome again! I like the little guitar fills, they work perfectly.
Thanks. I was trying to emulate a steel guitar as best I could using a really twangy amp and my whammy bar, it sort of worked, but I really envision that part being done by a pedal steel. I also used the relative minor to the major chords it was played under to further give it that lonesome steel sound.

Last edited by LeoGibson; 02-02-2013 at 10:04 PM.
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #82
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
I wasn't going to post this one, since it's another cover tune, but I just did this yesterday afternoon...as per usual I spooked it up a bit so it goes under my metal band, even though there's no guitars...

Crossed Streams- My Wild Love (Doors Cover)

Nothing but my voice(s), a kick drum, and a sample of a heartbeat I pulled off the 'net. I was supposed to be working on the new CD.
That was really cool. I like your rendition. I'm a sucker for anything drenched in reverb and a strong kick drum!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #83
MattB

Quote:
That was really cool. I like your rendition. I'm a sucker for anything drenched in reverb and a strong kick drum!
Dude, there was reverbs and delays all over. I kept linking the tracks until I had it trippy but still somewhat legible. I think I still need to spook it up a bit more. That's how I roll!

Have you experimented with slides? I have a steel one that sounds cool, but a beer bottle gets some neat tones too...
Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #84
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Dude, there was reverbs and delays all over. I kept linking the tracks until I had it trippy but still somewhat legible. I think I still need to spook it up a bit more. That's how I roll!

Have you experimented with slides? I have a steel one that sounds cool, but a beer bottle gets some neat tones too...
Yeah a bit, I have metal one but I'd like try a glass one out. I love the sound but I haven't quite got the hang of it yet.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #85
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
My newest song.
I quoted myself because I went back and edited this one down a bunch. I felt like it was a bit long and dragging the more I listened to it so I went back and tightened it up and cut almost a minute from it. Here is the edited version.

https://soundcloud.com/rodchandler/i... Miss The Fire
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #86
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^Just curious

Have you ever recorded any covers? Are you allowed to do that on Sound Cloud? Or is it more a matter of not wanting to use up the available space?
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #87
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Have you ever recorded any covers? Are you allowed to do that on Sound Cloud? Or is it more a matter of not wanting to use up the available space?
I haven't because frankly, my voice isn't very good and there is a very limited amount of artists I can sort of do ok. But I have done a couple and had them posted on soundcloud. As long as you state it's a cover and you aren't trying to profit off of it, covers seem to be allowed. Space really isn't much of an issue because they allow you quite a bit plus you can take down other songs to make room for new ones or spring for the premium membership and get even more storage.

Glad you threw a post in here, I was beginning to think it was just MattB. and myself trading clips back and forth.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #88
f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized rep

A little sketch me and some buddies did
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U6geCZZfMc
f0nzw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #89
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0nzw0rth View Post
Enjoy!
Good show! I was waiting for the puppet to get throat fucked, and then realized I listen to way too much O&A.

Funny swerve at the end.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #90
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0nzw0rth View Post
Enjoy!
The puppet looks like a buddy of mine, he's an accountant...

Last edited by MattB; 02-17-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #91
Bearsy
Genuinely Disingenuous

Bearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging in

I can name all of the Ninja Turtles from memory and also quote most of the first half of the Fellowship of the Ring.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #92
MattB

Default New Stuff!

While I'm waiting for my metal CD to get mastered, I went back to work on my instrumental stuff. The documentary project that I started writing these songs for looks to be back on again for this summer...again...we'll see, but at any rate here's another tune for the soundtrack...

Astral Touch- Three Days On The Island
Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #93
LeoGibson
Slangin'

@MattB, I really like your instrumental stuff a lot. You do atmospheric really well. You manage to get that etheral, spooky sound across without vocals superbly.

One question, is that your guitar doing that droning, synth-y part or did you actually do it with keys? Either way, that drone note in the background is a big part of what kept it otherworldly!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #94
MattB

The organ sound at the beginning is my guitar with a POD preset if that's what you were referring to. The other synth sounding parts are from my midi keyboard and synth VSTs. As I was writing it, I felt it needed more synth and less guitars. That was hard! The bass keeps it moving for me.

These are supposed to be used as background music for a film, so I try not to add too many parts. Keep it simple...
Old 02-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #95
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Here's a simple little old school country tune I wrote. I just did a quick recording of bass, drum, acoustic guitar in vocals all mixed right in the center for a live sound and left a couple small imperfections in it just because that is what "live" is like. Nothing fancy just fun.

You Ain't Got My Balls

Yep, it's just as redneck as you might think it is!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #96
MattB

Awesome...
Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #97
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Thank you sir!

I have had those lyrics written down for a couple years or better now with a simple country 2 beat rhythm in mind but never actually put the music to it and just said what the hell this morning, why not just blast it out there for gits and shiggles.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #98
MattB

It left me speechless, that's a funny friggin' tune!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #99
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Here's one I posted a long time ago and I tried and tried to do a full arrangement, but nothing satisfied me, so I said fuck it and went with just an acoustic guitar and myself and then took MattB's advice from way back and put like a phone type filter on it, actually a plug-in that simulated an old time tube radio sound, to give it a feel of being live on the radio in the 1930's.

Flood Of Tears

__________________________________________________ _________________
Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #100
MattB

Quote:
Here's one I posted a long time ago and I tried and tried to do a full arrangement, but nothing satisfied me, so I said fuck it and went with just an acoustic guitar and myself and then took MattB's advice from way back and put like a phone type filter on it, actually a plug-in that simulated an old time tube radio sound, to give it a feel of being live on the radio in the 1930's.

Flood Of Tears

__________________________________________________ _________________
Cool! It does work!

Now you need a simulated sound of scratchy vinyl behind it...