Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #126
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just a quick 1+1 acoustic demo version of my newest song. I haven't even begun to think about further instrumentation or arrangement yet.

I'm Still Wrong
Old 05-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #127
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Just a quick 1+1 acoustic demo version of my newest song. I haven't even begun to think about further instrumentation or arrangement yet.

I'm Still Wrong
Your songwriting is outstanding Sir.

We really need more peeps posting in this thread...anyone else got something on the go? Music? Maybe you're writing a book? Painting a fence? Out with it!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #128
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
...We really need more peeps posting in this thread...anyone else got something on the go? Music? Maybe you're writing a book? Painting a fence? Out with it!
Is this thread our own personal version of Groundhog Day?

It would be cool to see what other people are creating, in any medium they choose.

Also, if you like anything you hear or see, feel free to jump in and discuss it if you're interested. Most people enoy sharing their process or what's behind the scenes.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #129
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

I demand....A SHRUBBERY!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #130
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
I demand....A SHRUBBERY!
I owe you reppage for the Python reference!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #131
MattB

Quote:
I owe you reppage for the Python reference!
Your acknowledgement of the reference is rep enough.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #132
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Here's one I wrote that was a little out of my wheelhouse, so I handed it off to a buddy to perform and record. I like what he did with it. He kept the melody intact and really amped up the modern rock sound I heard in my head.

Live Forever
Old 06-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #133
MattB

Quote:
Here's one I wrote that was a little out of my wheelhouse, so I handed it off to a buddy to perform and record. I like what he did with it. He kept the melody intact and really amped up the modern rock sound I heard in my head.

Live Forever
Rockin! Very catchy.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #134
Big Ben SC

Big Ben SC has said some nice things
Cool

Ehh...what the heck. Sound quality isn't the best. It's from a couple years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2URpOkRG3ow
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #135
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ben SC View Post
Ehh...what the heck. Sound quality isn't the best. It's from a couple years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2URpOkRG3ow
Nice job. You have a good voice.

Plus it's nice to see some fresh blood in this thread!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #136
dbizzle

dbizzle can now change their title

I'm a total Theatre and musical Theatre nerd....like it isn't even funny. For the first time I had a named part in a musical this year at my high school xD I played Dewey in Legally Blonde (amongst other ensemble roles).
Here's me in our promo shots

During the show, the number called "Bend and Snap"

I've also played 3 characters in a production of Check Please, and Murray in The Odd Couple.
Recently, I got cast as Stewpot for a community production of South Pacific I'm excited. I'll try to get recording of my singing up, I sing bass/baritone (Range C2 through B4).
dbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #137
MattB

Awesome to see more posters in this thread!

Which is good, 'cause I got nothing new...
Old 06-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #138
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Awesome to see more posters in this thread!

Which is good, 'cause I got nothing new...
I agree, except for the new part! I'm always rolling tape on something, no matter if it is good or horrible.

Like this here. My take on an old Waylon classic. I had the recorder going and liked the way it came out.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #139
MattB

Quote:
I agree, except for the new part! I'm always rolling tape on something, no matter if it is good or horrible.

Like this here. My take on an old Waylon classic. I had the recorder going and liked the way it came out.
Sounds good on my iPad, I'll listen again on my monitors later...

I guess I should clarify, I got nothing new that's done. Riffs are happening...
Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #140
MattB

Speaking of new...my bottom end just got a whole lot thicker. Pun intended...

Last edited by MattB; 09-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #141
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Speaking of new...my bottom end just got a whole lot thicker. Pun intended...
That's a sweet looking 5er there! Looks a lot like my Washburn BK 4 stringer. What is that one?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #142
MattB

Quote:
That's a sweet looking 5er there! Looks a lot like my Washburn BK 4 stringer. What is that one?
Ibanez SR705. Mahogany/maple body, bubinga/jatoba neck. Super hot!

Hopefully the last bass I'll need, unless I build one myself.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #143
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Well, its been a while since I put up anything new, so here goes. It is my newest song, and if you like old-school, twangy country music, then you just might like this. I was pleased with how it came out. I had the pleasure of collaborating with some really good players for the arranging and recording of this song. Here it is...

Like The First Time Again

Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #144
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Well, its been a while since I put up anything new, so here goes. It is my newest song, and if you like old-school, twangy country music, then you just might like this. I was pleased with how it came out. I had the pleasure of collaborating with some really good players for the arranging and recording of this song. Here it is...

Not my kind of music, but really good
Old 07-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #145
MattB

Quote:

Holy Moley! Did that ever turn out great! Sounds great through my monitors, very smooth and sparkly. (Using the technical jargon...)
Old 07-31-2013, 03:07 AM   #146
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Not my kind of music, but really good
Thanks Sassy! I sometimes stray into rock, but my heart is in the twang.

Quote:
Holy Moley! Did that ever turn out great! Sounds great through my monitors, very smooth and sparkly. (Using the technical jargon...)
Thanks. Sounds like jargon I can understand.

I must admit though that it turned out good because the lead guitarist took pity on my poor, overly compressed and squashed mix and mixed it much more organically and the drummer mastered it.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #147
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Okay so, here goes *gulp*....

I did some chilled, random, messy singing today, literally for the first time in over 6 months. I wanted to test the vocal waters, so the webcam got switched on.

This is the result.

The start is shaky, sound quality is bad and there are plenty of bum-notes.... but I'm feeling both generous and brave for some reason.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #148
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post

I did some chilled, random, messy singing today, literally for the first time in over 6 months. I wanted to test the vocal waters, so the webcam got switched on.

This is the result.

The start is shaky, sound quality is bad and there are plenty of bum-notes.... but I'm feeling both generous and brave for some reason.
Nice job OD!!

You have a nice soft and somewhat hollow yet full vocal sound. You harmonize nicely with that song. I bet on a quality mic you'd sound awesome.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #149
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post

This is the result.

I am impressed - both at your singing and your willingness to be judged on the internet. Good job!
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #150
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm a little embarrassed to post this here as I haven't gotten a chance to listen to everything that Matt and Leo have posted, but here is my latest homebrew.

Porch Song