Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #151
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I'm a little embarrassed to post this here as I haven't gotten a chance to listen to everything that Matt and Leo have posted, but here is my latest homebrew.

Porch Song
I haven't had a chance to listen on decent speakers but from what I heard on my phone, I dug it. Your singing has come a long way from your earlier songs. Way more relaxed and comfortable. I couldn't make out all the lyric on my phone, but I liked the storytelling from what I did gather. I also liked that funky sounding second instrument you added toward the end, it gave a pleasant new sound for the ear. Good work.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #152
rg770Ibanez
goochmaster

rg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going on

Loving the sweet tunes guys.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #153
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I haven't had a chance to listen on decent speakers but from what I heard on my phone, I dug it. Your singing has come a long way from your earlier songs. Way more relaxed and comfortable. I couldn't make out all the lyric on my phone, but I liked the storytelling from what I did gather. I also liked that funky sounding second instrument you added toward the end, it gave a pleasant new sound for the ear. Good work.
I bought it ages ago and have been looking for an excuse to use it. It's a kalimba/thumb piano. It's an African instrument. Essentially just some metal tines stuck on a a piece of wood that you pluck. Cool stuff.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #154
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here's a couple of songs I wrote a little while back, and made a couple youtube videos for them, I Miss The Fire and I'm Still Wrong. Nothing fancy, just me and my guitar singing and playing in my dining room.

They are both a part of my entry to Guitar Center's singer/songwriter challenge. You can find my Guitar Center page here if you want to check it out. If you'd like to help out and you like the songs, please share them, that's what boosts your points in the contest.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #155
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Here's a couple of songs I wrote a little while back, and made a couple youtube videos for them, I Miss The Fire and I'm Still Wrong. Nothing fancy, just me and my guitar singing and playing in my dining room.

They are both a part of my entry to Guitar Center's singer/songwriter challenge. You can find my Guitar Center page here if you want to check it out. If you'd like to help out and you like the songs, please share them, that's what boosts your points in the contest.

Cool man what kind of guitar?

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 09-28-2013 at 11:07 PM.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #156
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC4j8aV_MMk

Well there is my cover of "Im Still Here" by Johnny Rezeznik. Sorry about the quality the sound is alittle off i recorded it with my webcam.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #157
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC4j8aV_MMk

Well there is my cover of "Im Still Here" by Johnny Rezeznik. Sorry about the quality the sound is alittle off i recorded it with my webcam.
Cool, I always dug The Goo Goo Dolls.

Nice job HD! Not too bad for being on a webcam. I use my iPhone for vids. Sound, picture, and all. One day I'd like to invest in a proper camera, but for now the iPhone does a decent enough job.

ETA: My guitar is an Asheville, which really, it's just a cheap $100 Chinese guitar with laminate wood and a synthetic fingerboard. I really don't much like the way it sounds recorded and as soon as I can afford a good acoustic I will most definitely upgrade. What kind do you have?

Last edited by LeoGibson; 09-29-2013 at 08:10 AM.
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #158
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I've always been a fan that you're able to write so easily. I'm awful at it. I feel like we should do a swap. You write something and I'll sing and add music of my liking; I'll also write something and let you touch it however you want. Music and singing. It sounds like it'll be a disaster on some level, but a fun disaster.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #159
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I've always been a fan that you're able to write so easily. I'm awful at it. I feel like we should do a swap. You write something and I'll sing and add music of my liking; I'll also write something and let you touch it however you want. Music and singing. It sounds like it'll be a disaster on some level, but a fun disaster.
That actually sounds like a fun writing exercise for helping to develop the "craft" aspect of songwriting versus the "inspiration" aspect. I'd be down for it.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #160
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:

Nice job HD! Not too bad for being on a webcam. I use my iPhone for vids. Sound, picture, and all. One day I'd like to invest in a proper camera, but for now the iPhone does a decent enough job.

ETA: My guitar is an Asheville, which really, it's just a cheap $100 Chinese guitar with laminate wood and a synthetic fingerboard. I really don't much like the way it sounds recorded and as soon as I can afford a good acoustic I will most definitely upgrade. What kind do you have?

Thanks man it's a shame because i sound alot better in person the video didn't do me justice lol. Can't wait till i get some better recording equipment. I always have loved The Goo Goo Dolls! i like your guitar, mine is a Rogue guitar played like 70 bucks for it haha.

I can't wait till i can afford a good acoustic guitar like a Gibson, Fender, Takamine, Ibanex, Epiphone, Yamaha or a Martin or a Maton. I also hear Lakewood's are decent. A better quality guitar makes all the difference, better sound and tone and better everything.

I have another acoustic guitar it's a lark then i have a ukuele and a fender stratocaster, the guy at the guitar place told me the lark guitars were chinese too he said save it cause it might be worth something some day, i was taking it there to get sone new strings on it. I like "I Miss The Fire" man good song, i like both songs really. I also think "I Miss The Fire" would sound good too with a harmonica part added in, i could see a harmonica fitting in nicely. Good work man all around!

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 09-29-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #161
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:

I also play harmonica too. And i do write my own songs too. I have wrote a few. But i do do alot of covers too, i like covers.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #162
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Thanks man it's a shame because i sound alot better in person the video didn't do me justice lol. Can't wait till i get some better recording equipment. I always have loved The Goo Goo Dolls! i like your guitar, mine is a Rogue guitar played like 70 bucks for it haha.

I can't wait till i can afford a good acoustic guitar like a Gibson, Fender, Takamine, Ibanex, Epiphone, Yamaha or a Martin or a Maton. I also hear Lakewood's are decent. A better quality guitar makes all the difference, better sound and tone and better everything.

I have another acoustic guitar it's a lark then i have a ukuele and a fender stratocaster, the guy at the guitar place told me the lark guitars were chinese too he said save it cause it might be worth something some day, i was taking it there to get sone new strings on it. I like "I Miss The Fire" man good song, i like both songs really. I also think "I Miss The Fire" would sound good too with a harmonica part added in, i could see a harmonica fitting in nicely. Good work man all around!
I have a strat myself. Got her loaded with Texas Specials for pick-ups. That's my baby. I been wanting to get either a uke or a mandolin.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #163
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
I have a strat myself. Got her loaded with Texas Specials for pick-ups. That's my baby. I been wanting to get either a uke or a mandolin.
Me too i have been wanting a mandolin and a dobro. Also been wanting a slide guitar. I got a marine band Hohner harmonica love it good sound. And a harmonica neck holder lol. I want a Banjo too. Man i hope one day i can afford a Les Paul man lol. Also music wise also wanted to learn the piano, saxaphone, and the drums too. I want a blues guitar too. Also do you perfer a pick or finger playing? i do both although the pick does give a more resonate sound sometimes.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 09-29-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #164
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Me too i have been wanting a mandolin and a dobro.
Quote:
Also been wanting a slide guitar.

You can play slide on pretty much any guitar. I have one where the action is a little higher, so I use that one, but not too much as I'm not very good at all on a slide.

Quote:
...Man i hope one day i can afford a Les Paul man lol.

If it is just that style you like, PRS, Cort, and Ibanez all make really good LP style guitars that sound incredible and are very affordable.

Quote:
.....I want a blues guitar too.

That's what my strat is used for mostly.

Quote:
Also do you perfer a pick or finger playing? i do both although the pick does give a more resonate sound sometimes.

Yes. It really depends on what I'm playing, and how I feel like playing that day. However, I probably use my fingers way more than I play with a pick.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #165
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
You can play slide on pretty much any guitar. I have one where the action is a little higher, so I use that one, but not too much as I'm not very good at all on a slide.

If it is just that style you like, PRS, Cort, and Ibanez all make really good LP style guitars that sound incredible and are very affordable.

That's what my strat is used for mostly.

Yes. It really depends on what I'm playing, and how I feel like playing that day. However, I probably use my fingers way more than I play with a pick.

Hey thanks man! and i do agree. I think using the pick is better if your playing pick style songs where your not strumming. I think finger playing is better for strumming. But as you say i use my fingers much more fingers feel more natural to me. But i do use a pick when i see fit. The pick just does produce that more louder sound in a sense sometimes though but it does all depend that is very true.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #166
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
That actually sounds like a fun writing exercise for helping to develop the "craft" aspect of songwriting versus the "inspiration" aspect. I'd be down for it.

I do think craft and the inspiration aspect go hand and hand.But i do think the best songs come from hurt.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #167
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
I do think craft and the inspiration aspect go hand and hand.But i do think the best songs come from hurt.
For me, inspiration is what gives me a line or two or a melody or riff that tells me what the song is about. The craft part is how I turn the inspiration part into a fully realized and developed song.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #168
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
For me, inspiration is what gives me a line or two or a melody or riff that tells me what the song is about. The craft part is how I turn the inspiration part into a fully realized and developed song.
That is cool man there is alot of things that inspire me. Sometimes a song just comes to me. But i do notice when i am hurt or going through something the inspiration and the development for the songs does come abit easier. It all seems to fall into place even more so. Sometimes i can just be messing around on the guitar and it comes to me ya know.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #169
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Shout out to Matt B. Working on anything new and interesting? Also, just got to add that your album you did is still the go-to for workout time. It really helps up the aggression level!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #170
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Funny you should ask...I have a side project that should be out in the next week or two, pending getting the vocals done. When it's ready I'll post it here.

Still working on the next metal cd too, just got real bogged down with work and burnt out a bit. I needed a change of pace...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #171
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Meanwhile...I finally got back to working on guitars again. This is one that I started working on a couple of years ago, painted it, hated it, then repainted it again. I should have it put together in the next few weeks, I have some parts on order...

Last edited by MattB; 09-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #172
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Funny you should ask...I have a side project that should be out in the next week or two, pending getting the vocals done. When it's ready I'll post it here.

Still working on the next metal cd too, just got real bogged down with work and burnt out a bit. I needed a change of pace...
Cool. I'll look forward to hearing it. What kind of project is it? Metal, rock, bluegrass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Meanwhile...I finally got back to working on guitars again. This is one that I started working on a couple of years ago, painted it, hated it, then repainted it again. I should have it put together in the next few weeks, I have some parts on order...
Metal!!! \m/
Old 10-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #173
MattB

Punk. Rock.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #174
LeoGibson
Slangin'

damn, I was hoping for bluegrass! Maybe one or two Punkgrass or Bluepunk numbers?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #175
MattB

Quote:
damn, I was hoping for bluegrass! Maybe one or two Punkgrass or Bluepunk numbers?
I'm dumbing it down for this one. Three chords, no waiting...