Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
fatluvinguy

fatluvinguy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatluvinguy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default big bellies

i haven't posted on the forums in a while, but i'm curious about one thing. in the last few years the low riding jeans have become quite popular with women and i'm certainly a fan. what amazes me is how many larger girls wear them, showing off their big bellies. i've seen some pretty impressive bellies bouncing and jiggling since they usual wear tight t-shirts or blouses almost as if to show off their fat. in our culture where women are made fun of and shamed for being fat, is this a statement that they are proud to be fat and show it off. i've got to say as a big belly lover i really appreciate this trend. only wish it happened when i was a young guy.
fatluvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I noticed that, too. And I also wondered about the apparent dichotomy between many women so concerned about being or looking fat, and yet going with fashions that emphasize bellies, hips, etc.

Perhaps it's a bit like society being so very concerned about data security while, at the same time, sharing their entire personal life on social sites and everywhere else.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

That's an interesting question, from the viewpoint of conflicting societal messages. I can think of at least two possible explanations:

1. We're winning! I mean, the idea of fat acceptance is winning the hearts and minds of more young people, and they are rejecting the self-hate and body-shame that society preaches to them.

2. Or, perhaps the part of the consumer machine that wants them to buy the latest clothing styles is temporarily winning out over the part that wants them to be ashamed of their bodies and dress like old ladies.

In any event, I think it's great! Enjoy it while it lasts...
Old 09-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
runningsoft

runningsoft can now change their title

What a great thread.
I work in Manhattan and on my walks home from the office, have noticed the very same trend.

I find it both enjoyable and intriguing as NYC is supposed to be all about body image and starving yourself, blah, blah.

For the ones that I see, they look vibrant, confident and self-assured, even with a bit of skin showing.

An additional point to ponder, is that we as a society continue to place greater demands on ourselves, but don't always find the time to take care of ourselves.

As a result, it may be possible that some of these women who notices changes in their body simply go "meh" and carry on being who they are and caring less about what society tells them to be / how to look.
runningsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
That's an interesting question, from the viewpoint of conflicting societal messages. I can think of at least two possible explanations:

1. We're winning! I mean, the idea of fat acceptance is winning the hearts and minds of more young people, and they are rejecting the self-hate and body-shame that society preaches to them.

2. Or, perhaps the part of the consumer machine that wants them to buy the latest clothing styles is temporarily winning out over the part that wants them to be ashamed of their bodies and dress like old ladies.

Or perhaps many of them have partners who appreciate their larger sizes - I see a fair number of bigger girls in belly-revealing clothes on the bus who are travelling with guys/gals who obviously appreciate them...
Old 09-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
fatluvinguy

fatluvinguy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatluvinguy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default letting it all hang out

there's probably something to what you say fat hiker. i've noticed these lovely gals are accompanied by boyfriends about half the time, especially the bigger girls. i think the comments are all very interesting and offer some answers. it's good to know i'm not the only one who finds this fascinating on a couple of levels.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post

With regards to point 1, another variant on that may be that when they compare themselves to a lot of the people around them, they don't feel all that fat. "Well, I've got a bit of a tummy, but I'm not fat like x, y, and z." Which isn't quite what size acceptance is aiming for, but it may incrementally raise what is considered within the pale. (and don't forget that standing up straight, holding things in, in front of the mirror in the morning, they may show a lot less belly that when actually out and about and not thinking about it).

With regards to 2) I think that is probably part of it too--and also don't forget that a lot of people don't actually have a very good idea of what they look like and what works on them, so they tend to copy the looks of other people, and see themselves as looking like those people when they do so.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I too, have seen this trend. I can't quite wrap my head around it, given the out and out misery that society lays on those that don't fit into the "accepted" norms. I'm certainly not complaining, but I just can't figure it out.
JASmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

Ehhh, I'd have to say it's less to do with people liking that their fat and more to do with fashion trends.

Low riding jeans are in so the fashion is worn by plenty of girls regardless of size.

I'd also wager it's more a case that chubby is seen as "acceptable fat" and so you're bound to see chubby women with that type of fashion because they're not being told that they should feel ashamed of themselves for such things (because they're still acceptable).

Just some musings...
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
BriannaBombshell
hi

BriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASmith View Post
I too, have seen this trend. I can't quite wrap my head around it, given the out and out misery that society lays on those that don't fit into the "accepted" norms. I'm certainly not complaining, but I just can't figure it out.
Well then why don't I have a partner?

I seem to find very unavailable, or the "I'm uninterested in relationship" type of men. Maybe I have a serious personality flaw? Is Happiness a flaw?!?!?!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaBombshell View Post

I seem to find very unavailable, or the "I'm uninterested in relationship" type of men. Maybe I have a serious personality flaw? Is Happiness a flaw?!?!?!
I don't have an answer for you, Brianna, I'm sorry. Wish that I did.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #12
fatluvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaBombshell View Post

that is a difficult question to answer Brianna, simply because we don't know you. the only thought i could offer would be to ask yourself why your always finding these type of men. perhaps for some reason, that even you do not understand you are drawn to these men, creating an endless cycle of disappointment. that's my attempt at playing shrink. best of luck to you Brianna. i'm sure some day you will find a wonderful partner.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #13
fatluvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Ehhh, I'd have to say it's less to do with people liking that their fat and more to do with fashion trends.

Low riding jeans are in so the fashion is worn by plenty of girls regardless of size.

I'd also wager it's more a case that chubby is seen as "acceptable fat" and so you're bound to see chubby women with that type of fashion because they're not being told that they should feel ashamed of themselves for such things (because they're still acceptable).

Just some musings...
to the last part of your comment, i can't speak for the rest of the country but here in wisconsin i've seen some pretty big women letting their bellies hang out. they definately are beyond the definition of chubby in my book.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

Here in Chicago, the home of Eli's Cheesecake, deep dish pizza, and the headquarters for McDonald's, chubby and fat women flaunting their bodies are everywhere. I absolutely love it and bemoan the fact that Winter will soon be here and I will have to wait until Spring to enjoy the beauty of the bountiful, overflowing female belly.

I do think it is much more acceptable for women of all sizes to wear the latest fashions and while we always hear the endless promotion of weight loss products and the need to slim down, adults in the US are fatter then ever, so I believe it is much more acceptable to flaunt your body no matter what your size. And younger women are definitely not going to dress any different than their peers, not matter what they weigh. And I concur with others in that I see so many beautiful fat women with boyfriends who are obviously not ashamed at all that their girlfriends or wives are showing off all their beautiful weight. A very positive trend indeed.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
samuraiscott
True Story

samuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatluvinguy View Post
i haven't posted on the forums in a while, but i'm curious about one thing. in the last few years the low riding jeans have become quite popular with women and i'm certainly a fan. what amazes me is how many larger girls wear them, showing off their big bellies. i've seen some pretty impressive bellies bouncing and jiggling since they usual wear tight t-shirts or blouses almost as if to show off their fat. in our culture where women are made fun of and shamed for being fat, is this a statement that they are proud to be fat and show it off. i've got to say as a big belly lover i really appreciate this trend. only wish it happened when i was a young guy.
I think it can be hot too.

http://samuraiscott.blogspot.com/
samuraiscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think society has accepted large breasts and now rounded hips and a big ass, but not the belly. Not yet, with so many new medical studies showing the benefits of the pear shape and hour glass figures (ideal waist to hip ratios) and the negative health effects of having a larger belly than hips ratio. Many woman are obsessed with having the booty, the boobs, but having a flat or at least a smaller stomach. I know I'm not very fond of my belly and I wish it was flatter, just a bit smaller. Mother constantly lets me know it too. I'm slowly learning to love my belly. But thanks to those darn photoshopped pictures of 'thick' women, many men have a warped ideal of a perfect full figure. On the other hand, I do see more young women flaunting their thicker bodies with more form fitting jeans.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 09-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKitten View Post
I think society has accepted large breasts and now rounded hips and a big ass, but not the belly...
Strange, that. Sometimes I wonder why bellies are downright glorified in pregnancy, but at no other time. There's something a bit strange about that.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:30 AM   #18
Calisthenics

Calisthenics can now change their title

Quite a few girls at the office are on the large side and let it 'hang out' when they're working.

I have zero problems with this
Calisthenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisthenics View Post
Quite a few girls at the office are on the large side and let it 'hang out' when they're working.

I have zero problems with this
It could be a bit distracting, though.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
Strange, that. Sometimes I wonder why bellies are downright glorified in pregnancy, but at no other time. There's something a bit strange about that.
No - there's nothing strange about that. It's actually anthropologically very easy to explain.

The sign stimulus of a belly on a woman means
a) = pregant or
b) older, in menopause
and both are plain bio-language for 'Keep off, unavailable for mating' to the prowling males wanting to spread their genes.

Big breasts and butt on a woman in contrast are the signal for high fertility, both genetically as well as through the ample supply of food.

Today's beauty standards have simply perverted these old biologically ingrained perceptions, by demanding big boobs on a clearly undernourished body, mixing the signs and being physically almost unattainble by natural means.
If you look at classical sculpture, its goddesses show the natural combination of the fertility symbols: boobs + ass + no belly, but notable tummy padding.

With men it's different - on them a belly simply means - good provider of sufficient nourishment, useful as heater on cold nights.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
JASmith
Godless heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
No - there's nothing strange about that. It's actually anthropologically very easy to explain.

a) = pregant or
b) older, in menopause
and both are plain bio-language for 'Keep off, unavailable for mating' to the prowling males wanting to spread their genes.

Big breasts and butt on a woman in contrast are the signal for high fertility, both genetically as well as through the ample supply of food.

Today's beauty standards have simply perverted these old biologically ingrained perceptions, by demanding big boobs on a clearly undernourished body, mixing the signs and being physically almost unattainble by natural means.
If you look at classical sculpture, its goddesses show the natural combination of the fertility symbols: boobs + ass + no belly, but notable tummy padding.

With men it's different - on them a belly simply means - good provider of sufficient nourishment, useful as heater on cold nights.
Great post, this!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #22
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post

a) = pregant or
b) older, in menopause

There's a minor issue (actually more than a minor issue) with that though and one of these is the commonality of such things like pregnancy fetishes and such.

Arguably not only does a big belly might mean menopause or pregnant but it might also mean good provider (as you rightly pointed out).

In areas in which large quantities of food are quite rare fat is perceived as sexy thus there are more tribal societies where fat women are attractive.

Also, you realize that a pregnant belly can mean fertility as well, right? And while it might say, "Keep hands off" it might also mean "she's fertile" thus the (arguable) commonality of things like preggo fetishes.

And technically, it's more difficult for women to breastfeed when they have bigger breasts so the biological argument on big breast=fertility is pretty bunk.

Ultimately, a society is attracted to rarity as opposed to the commons.
When food is common, what is the social standard for attractiveness? Thin because in a society which food is quite common it has other connotations than in a society where food is scarce.

Honestly, I have a really distaste for people attempting to make a biological argument for physical attractiveness because it can be quite bunk in some cases.

I would argue sexual attraction is based predominately on social conditions not biology.

That which is common is banal, that which is rare is desirable.
In a land of the plenty the thin is in, in the land of scarcity large is in charge.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #23
bostonbbwluv

bostonbbwluv can now change their title

From my experience as a lifelong FA, the female belly is perhaps the most controversial and difficult body part that a woman struggles with in terms of how she perceives herself and how she feels about how others view her. The horizon of issues that both the fat girl and FA potentially have to deal with is infinite. Just a few of the issues are: Having even a fat ass, or thick thighs, or wide hips with little to no belly is seen as socially acceptable to most people--as long as the belly is barely there or barely noticeable a girl can get away with saying "I'm not fat" but as soon as she grows a pot and and some rolls, the game is over as far as saying she's not fat because having fat around the middle is the one taboo area to gain if you are a girl and no other body part defines whether a woman is deemed "fat" by society than her belly--with a permanent double chin is a runner up. The reality for most girls who have a fat belly is that it's not going to go away ever, but so many fight it and try to diet and make themselves miserable in the process. I have dated bbw where it took me months to get them to feel comfortable to the point where they would let me touch their belly all the way to one small ssbbw who would never take her shirt off--ever. It's very refreshing and delightful to go to the mall on a busy Friday night or Saturday where I see scores of women who must feel comfortable with their bellies because they are bare and bouncing around as they spill out from the bottom of their tight shirts. It may be a sign that women are beginning to see their bellies as an asset rather than a liability. My observation is that many younger women no longer feel ashamed if they are a size 16, 18, 20, or bigger and are sporting a pronounced pot and from the way they flaunt it appears that they are also enjoying a healthy mindset as far as their body image goes.
bostonbbwluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
And technically, it's more difficult for women to breastfeed when they have bigger breasts so the biological argument on big breast=fertility is pretty bunk.
This intrigues me. My wife, like many women, say her breasts grow from B to C to D through pregnancies - and for her, breastfeeding got easier, not harder. A number of her friends found breastfeeding easier with the later births too. Is it when the breasts get really big that breastfeeding gets harder?

I'm just curious.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

At a guess, if breasts have gotten bigger from bulking up the milk ducts, things should be easier. If you add a lot of fat....I have no idea, but I could imagine that it could make things somewhat harder, with more more padding around the 'business' part of things?