Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 10-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Honestly, I have a really distaste for people attempting to make a biological argument for physical attractiveness because it can be quite bunk in some cases.

I would argue sexual attraction is based predominately on social conditions not biology.

That which is common is banal, that which is rare is desirable.
In a land of the plenty the thin is in, in the land of scarcity large is in charge.
We can definitely agree on this - I as a woman naturally find all biologistic arguments heinous because they're always very quickly abused to justify any type of discrimination of women.

That's why in my OP I mapped out a few anthropological constants which explain the - not exclusive, but trans-culturally and -historically - prevalent definition of a female belly as unattractive.
I personally do not believe in or approve of these findings, but I do find it important to differentiate between opinions and facts for which you can find an abundance of scientific evidence.

Anthropology is the science which studies human evolution based on the interaction of social, culture, geographic and biologic factors.

You're right in your observation that societies tend to revere and sometimes fetishize what is rare and difficult to attain - like being thin in a land of plenty versus abundance when nutrition is scarce.

With pregnancy and the pregnant belly it's different: The signal of the pregnant belly is not so much fertility - the womb is occupied, so not available for mating - but more an appeal to the protective instincts in a society to protect it's coming off-spring, thus ensuring it's continued existence.

If you look at fashion history - as an element of cultural anthropology - you will notice that in almost all times and cultures the dominant norm is covering and camouflaging the pregnant belly as an important element of preserving a woman's modesty.

The pregnant belly form is only emphasized and high-lighted in fashion in times when birth-rates are low and a population struggled for survival.

That applies to women's dress style of the late Middle Ages (14th/15th century) where the dress was draped over a large cushion over a woman's belly, making her look pregnant, in combination with a wide square neckling with pushed up breasts, also emphasizing them.
Why then? The 'Black Death' - a pandemic of Bubonic plague - cost Europe and the Mediterranean between 30-60% of it's population. So more pregnancies, more fertility was desired to re-establish the necessary population.

And it's no wonder that in most recent years the flaunting of baby bumps has become a fashion again - after all, birth rates in the Western world are lower than desired.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #27
happyfatlover

happyfatlover has said some nice things
Default Taste is a personal choice

Great thread about the potentially biggest asset of a fat woman's body: Her belly. I consider myself as a belly lover and my beauty ideal is this: A fat woman of about 280-300 pounds and 5 ft. 50. Fat everywhere, legs,butt, arms and most importantly, a large belly and relatively small breasts. I don't like huge bellies carried by thin legs compared to the belly. On the other hand, I don't prefer very fat legs and a small bel either. But anyway, that's just me, and everybody has different tastes and genes.

My wife's body is exactly of these proportions and I let her know that I adore her. The body of a fat woman is always a bit different, 10 pounds more or less mean little. Different positions combined with gravity change the experience all the time, the visual one. as well as the sensua one. Isn't that something to be grateful for?
happyfatlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
roundher

roundher has said some nice things
Default Plus Size Is Eye Candy

I'm pretty fond of bellies and rolls .. and particularly the apple shape. It wets my whistle, but all women are beautiful in their own unique ways. A natural body is quite appealing in any form.
roundher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #29
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundher View Post
I'm pretty fond of bellies and rolls .. and particularly the apple shape. It wets my whistle, but all women are beautiful in their own unique ways. A natural body is quite appealing in any form.
truth. i LOVE big bellies of all shapes, although ive known skinny girls whose stomachs were also sexy as hell. confidence in your natural frame is the sexiest thing ever. that and an enormous, round belly.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #30
roundher

roundher has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
truth. i LOVE big bellies of all shapes, although ive known skinny girls whose stomachs were also sexy as hell. confidence in your natural frame is the sexiest thing ever. that and an enormous, round belly.
Amen ... confidence is key. Here's to the day when all bellies can be exposed proudly, without excuse, without shame.
roundher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #31
mzfluff

mzfluff can now change their title

i love to show my fat black jelly belly
mzfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #32
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfluff View Post
i love to show my fat black jelly belly
that's the spirit! if only more women had such a mindset regarding their own beauty..
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #33
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love showing off my belly with lowrise jeans, its so hot! It's also freeing, letting my big belly hang!
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #34
mro723chicago

mro723chicago can now change their title
Default My Petite BBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfatlover View Post
Great thread about the potentially biggest asset of a fat woman's body: Her belly. I consider myself as a belly lover and my beauty ideal is this: A fat woman of about 280-300 pounds and 5 ft. 50. Fat everywhere, legs,butt, arms and most importantly, a large belly and relatively small breasts. I don't like huge bellies carried by thin legs compared to the belly. On the other hand, I don't prefer very fat legs and a small bel either. But anyway, that's just me, and everybody has different tastes and genes.

My wife's body is exactly of these proportions and I let her know that I adore her. The body of a fat woman is always a bit different, 10 pounds more or less mean little. Different positions combined with gravity change the experience all the time, the visual one. as well as the sensua one. Isn't that something to be grateful for?
I have been a FA my entire life.

My girlfriend of several years is a Petite BBW with 42DD breasts.

She is 5 feet tall and very flexible with a current weight of 220. Her round and full body is supported by thin legs and to me her body is perfect.

We share many primal sexual urges and fantasies which incorporate the fullness of her breasts and belly.

She has two children from previous relationships. Neither of us desire additional children, but have conversations about her belly growing which excites me.

We all have our own unique personal desires.

Communicating is key to
mro723chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:50 AM   #35
s13

s13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokess13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I like how a very big belly can be tucked into clothes a little, I love watching a belly spill out as a big woman undresses. I love when a supersize belly gets in the way too and all the little marks and creases
s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #36
devinprater

devinprater can now change their title

I've always liked big bellies, ever since I was 11 or so. I'd always walk with a big girl, and because of my visual imapirement I could hold onto her arm as I walked. I'd feel her body bounce up and down as she walked, and I'd love it! It has been around 3 or 4 years since I announced my love of big girls, then chubby girls, and around a year ago, straight up fat girls.
devinprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #37
ToniTails
"so FLUFFY!"

ToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging in

the advent of the internet and social media- things like this forum have made the tiny little world of the lone fat girl into a wide world of support- and it shows!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #38
Heidi

Heidi has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbbwluv View Post
From my experience as a lifelong FA, the female belly is perhaps the most controversial and difficult body part that a woman struggles with in terms of how she perceives herself and how she feels about how others view her. The horizon of issues that both the fat girl and FA potentially have to deal with is infinite. Just a few of the issues are: Having even a fat ass, or thick thighs, or wide hips with little to no belly is seen as socially acceptable to most people--as long as the belly is barely there or barely noticeable a girl can get away with saying "I'm not fat" but as soon as she grows a pot and and some rolls, the game is over as far as saying she's not fat because having fat around the middle is the one taboo area to gain if you are a girl and no other body part defines whether a woman is deemed "fat" by society than her belly--with a permanent double chin is a runner up. The reality for most girls who have a fat belly is that it's not going to go away ever, but so many fight it and try to diet and make themselves miserable in the process. I have dated bbw where it took me months to get them to feel comfortable to the point where they would let me touch their belly all the way to one small ssbbw who would never take her shirt off--ever. It's very refreshing and delightful to go to the mall on a busy Friday night or Saturday where I see scores of women who must feel comfortable with their bellies because they are bare and bouncing around as they spill out from the bottom of their tight shirts. It may be a sign that women are beginning to see their bellies as an asset rather than a liability. My observation is that many younger women no longer feel ashamed if they are a size 16, 18, 20, or bigger and are sporting a pronounced pot and from the way they flaunt it appears that they are also enjoying a healthy mindset as far as their body image goes.
I definitely know what you're talking about here. I hated my stomach from a young age, to the point that in my late teens I even scored abusive comments into it with a knife (thankfully the scars have disappeared completely). When I first started dating my current partner (over 13 years ago), I wouldn't let him touch my stomach. He could touch me anywhere else, but I kept my shirt on and my stomach was taboo. He didn't let that last very long before insisting that he wasn't going to randomly stop liking me just because he touched it, and it's been one of his favourite bits of me ever since.

I think a lot of the apparent lack of attention to fat spilling out of clothing is simply a lack of attention. Lots of people apparently don't stand in front of their mirrors checking their body from all angles before deciding whether or not an outfit is suitable. They just buy some clothes that they think look good in a magazine or whatever and then put them on without looking at themselves first. Love-handles, a bit of a belly overhang, etc. just go unnoticed unless anyone points it out.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #39
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

It's an interesting question whether fat is more accepted, or whether BBWs are more self-accepting, than used to be the case.

On the one hand, you've got social media spreading awareness and you've got a general culture of tolerance and self-affirmation that has benefitted many marginalized groups (e.g., the LGBT community). Increasing cultural diversity may also play a role. Cultures that, unlike Anglo-American ones, traditionally do not place enormous emphasis upon individual self-mastery also tend to be much more tolerant of diverse body types.

On the other, you've got ever-tightening mass media beauty standards and obsession over health that translates into general hysteria over obesity (which, apparently, is an "epidemic," like the Bubonic Plague).

I also think you can't under-estimate the possibility of sheer cluelessness among the young ladies whose bellies are protruding. They honestly may not realize the extent of it.
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #40
ToniTails
"so FLUFFY!"

ToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging in

wait? what? you say my tummy's showing? i didn't notice!!! :-P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCCCC.jpg (141.7 KB, 376 views)
Old 06-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #41
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
I think a lot of the apparent lack of attention to fat spilling out of clothing is simply a lack of attention. Lots of people apparently don't stand in front of their mirrors checking their body from all angles before deciding whether or not an outfit is suitable. They just buy some clothes that they think look good in a magazine or whatever and then put them on without looking at themselves first. Love-handles, a bit of a belly overhang, etc. just go unnoticed unless anyone points it out.
Or it all looks fine when first put on and you stand in front of the mirror, standing straight, gut maybe pulled in a bit. Then you start moving, you sit down, you walk, you slouch a bit, you forget to hold in your gut.....the look can completely change, especially in the case of tops that only just met the waistband.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #42
AppreSheAte

AppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniTails View Post
wait? what? you say my tummy's showing? i didn't notice!!! :-P
Yeah!!! Let it peek out any time!!!
AppreSheAte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #43
Heidi

Heidi has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Or it all looks fine when first put on and you stand in front of the mirror, standing straight, gut maybe pulled in a bit. Then you start moving, you sit down, you walk, you slouch a bit, you forget to hold in your gut.....the look can completely change, especially in the case of tops that only just met the waistband.
Yeah, I guess so. I just can't get my head around that sort of relaxation over appearance, though. There is no way I could go out in anything that I thought had even the vaguest chance of revealing more of myself than I want (well, except that even t-shirt and jeans meets that criteria some days, but you know what I mean). I really envy people who are able to just 'let it all hang out', because I'd love to have even a fraction of that sort of self-confidence!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #44
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Could be self-confidence.....could be obliviousness!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #45
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Could be self-confidence.....could be obliviousness!
Exactly. I think it is very rarely self confidence and more often just cluelessness. Most of the time you can tell if people are intentionally showing skin or not and it is really easy to accidentally do so.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #46
Fred2

Fred2 has said some nice things

Nothing better than a shy ssbbw realising this is really happening and taking her top off, revealing a big vulnerable belly spilled across the bed
Fred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #47
wrenchboy

wrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
Strange, that. Sometimes I wonder why belliaround her downright glorified in pregnancy, but at no other time. There's something a bit strange about that.
One night my ssbbw wife and I were lying in bed with my arm wrapped around her belly (atleast around as much as I could ) She said somewhat mournfully that she wishes there was something inside there for me. Meaning she wishes that her belly was that big because she was pregnant. She knows that is an impossibility since I got snipped more than 10 years before we even met.
At one time I was turned on by the sight of a very pregnant woman whether she was fat or skinny because I could imagine what she was doing to get that way. Don't call me a wierdo because you wouldn't be the first. Now because of my ex wife cheating on me and producing a child from the affair I am disgusted by a pregnant woman. Even though I know full well that few pregnancies are a result of an affair. But not to worry I will always be in love with a fat belly.
wrenchboy is offline   Reply With Quote