Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #176
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Actually not a First World problem. But a problem everywhere were you have strong legal restrictions on buying alcohol - or where it is exceedingly expensive thanks to a state monopoly.
Look into alcohol smuggling between Indian states or African countries. Or moon-shining is such countries - leads to thousands of deaths every year.

Having grown up myself between a wine-growing region (with wine cellar tours as early as in junior high) and drinking age 21 - I strongly advocate for liberal legislation and teaching a good drinking culture.
Restrictions only lead to setting too much store in the quantity of alcohol intake - when it is actually the quality the focus should be on.
Then there's Germany, where the limits on alcohol are graduated - at 16 you can order beer or wine, but you have to wait until 18 for spirits!

Which means that German youth learn to drink before they learn to drive (driving only starts at 18), which seems quite sensible in many ways....
Old 02-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #177
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post

Having grown up myself between a wine-growing region (with wine cellar tours as early as in junior high) and drinking age 21 - I strongly advocate for liberal legislation and teaching a good drinking culture.
Restrictions only lead to setting too much store in the quantity of alcohol intake - when it is actually the quality the focus should be on.
I can't agree more with your statement - "I strongly advocate for liberal legislation and teaching a good drinking culture"
The drinking age in Venezuela is 18 and not really enforced. I don't remember if they have a different age for beer.
When I came to college, I had just turned 18, I could not understand why people drank to "get drunk".
Where I came from: Rum, whisky and colorful drinks were ordered to be sipped enjoyed not chugged down to get drunk.
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote