Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Hello All.

My name is Jason, and I used to be a gainer.
Started having some health problems, so I've ended that phase of my life, for now.

But I still enjoy talking about gaining with folks.

For the record, I went up roughly 50 pounds in about a year.
Take Care,
Jason
JASmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry you hit health problems, but glad you can still enjoy talking about things!

50 pounds in a year is impressive! Were you doing anything in particular to gain, or just generally eating lots?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Sorry you hit health problems, but glad you can still enjoy talking about things!

50 pounds in a year is impressive! Were you doing anything in particular to gain, or just generally eating lots?
Thanks for the response!
It was an easy formula for me, eat more and move less. Bigger portions, full-sized snacks, dessert always....etc., etc., etc. Very little exercise to go along with all of that, and it equated to my fairly decent growth.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASmith View Post
Thanks for the response!
It was an easy formula for me, eat more and move less. Bigger portions, full-sized snacks, dessert always....etc., etc., etc. Very little exercise to go along with all of that, and it equated to my fairly decent growth.
You said you ended up with health issues. Were these the more obvious things like back problems, or those hidden things like diabetes risk, cholesterol, etc. Which leads up to wondering if you added in more exercise, if you think you'd carry the weight better?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
JASmith
Godless heathen

My issues were back and knee problems, but also high blood pressure...I have a physical job, and the back and knees became miserable to deal with. There have also been numerous cases of diabetes and heart-related illnesses in my family for a few generations now. I've just got to be careful.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Yah, sounds like it

After you stopped gaining, did you then lose the weight? If so, did your back and knees get better? (I hope so!). It is always one of those debates amongst people interested in weight gain....how reversible is it? To make a super broad generalization guys seem to have an easier time dropping the weight than women, but individuals vary all over the place.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
JASmith
Godless heathen

I have begun to drop weight, but I don't know how much. I tend to not obsess over such things. As soon as I started to get regular exercise, my back and knee pain have all but disappeared...I think that the constant movements are self lubricating my joints. Kinda cool, actually.