Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #26
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chopsticks are one of the most handy of utensils. I keep a stack of sticks in the silverware drawer for easy access. You can use a pair to get the right amount of pickle slices out of a pickle jar, or jalapeno, pepperoncini, baby garlic dills, stuffed olives, etc out of jars without piercing them.

Also handy when eating overly cheddar powdered, buttery popcorn.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #27
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Chopsticks are one of the most handy of utensils. I keep a stack of sticks in the silverware drawer for easy access. You can use a pair to get the right amount of pickle slices out of a pickle jar, or jalapeno, pepperoncini, baby garlic dills, stuffed olives, etc out of jars without piercing them.

Also handy when eating overly cheddar powdered, buttery popcorn.

Also good for removing toasted bread, bagel or English muffin that's stuck in a toaster.....

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Growing up the closest thing I had to a processed cookie- graham crackers. I then waited until I was alone, spread them with margarine, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon.

I also added a teaspoon of sugar to milk, then as much vanilla as I thought I could get away with. If you haven't done it, the reaction is cool to watch- the swirls boil around without disturbing the surface. Hard to describe, and yummy.

I eat this as a snack or a meal, and it's weird- I make tuna casserole from scratch (roux, but not my own noodles), and for some reason (because my mom did it too) I find it delicious with ketchup mixed in. Even cold.

I'll eat leftover mashed potatoes cold too.

Occasionally I like to wad up my bread tightly into little cubes, eating the crusts separately, and enjoying the difference in texture.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #29
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ketchup tends to be the secret ingredient in alot of things. Or maybe I'm just Ketchup-oriented. I will only buy Heinz. All other brands are 'too sweet'.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #30
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Ketchup tends to be the secret ingredient in alot of things. Or maybe I'm just Ketchup-oriented. I will only buy Heinz. All other brands are 'too sweet'.
Try Reduced Sugar Heinz. I prefer it now because it is less sweet (and so does my boyfriend who isn't necessarily avoiding sugar).
SparklingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm probably weird in that I like to make my own tortilla chips from scratch as opposed to buying the bagged variety with all the food additives.

I just get whole-wheat tortillas and fry them up in some olive oil (or you can substitute canola or whatever). Just sprinkle some sea salt & pepper. If you like them spicy, add some crushed chili peppers or cayenne.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
I'm probably weird in that I like to make my own tortilla chips from scratch as opposed to buying the bagged variety with all the food additives.

I just get whole-wheat tortillas and fry them up in some olive oil (or you can substitute canola or whatever). Just sprinkle some sea salt & pepper. If you like them spicy, add some crushed chili peppers or cayenne.
Did you mean raw whole wheat torts?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Did you mean raw whole wheat torts?
No the kind you buy in the grocery store pre-made.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #34
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

When I'm craving salt, I chop up a large tomato, 3-5 kosher dill pickles, a medium-sized chunk of Colby cheese, and a handful of olives. Making sure to let the olive, pickle, and tomato juices all mix and stuff while I slosh all the items around in a big bowl.

Eat with a large spoon or fork. Everyone I know tells me I'm sick xP
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #35
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got a sample in my Lovewithfood.com box of 100% natural BBQ Turkey Bak Kwa which looks like beef jerky but was moist and really flavorful. I'm going to look into this stuff. It's amazing.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #36
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's weird, but I like kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion and feta cheese with Italian dressing. It's a great side dish.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #37
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love to shred sharp cheddar,drizzle Catalina over it,and scoop it up with deli turkey. I do the same with pepper jack,ketchup and deli ham.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #38
Vanilla Gorilla
Big. Hairy. Me.

Vanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging in

A really good vanilla ice cream lightly drizzled with a really good quality balsamic vinegar.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #39
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

Frozen french fries, don't know why but I like to eat them frozen.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
It's weird, but I like kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion and feta cheese with Italian dressing. It's a great side dish.
What's weird about a Greek salad?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #41
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
What's weird about a Greek salad?
People always say "ewww" when I eat it in front of them
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #42
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

A couple of holdovers from the days of weird dieting:

- String cheese rolled up in turkey slices, dipped in olive oil and Italian herbs (with just a pinch of red pepper flakes). Replace turkey with capicola, salami, pepperoni, proscuitto, or ham as available.

- Microwave brownies made with mashed banana (vegan-style). I haven't made them in a long time, but I always made them with stevia instead of real sugar. Despite that--thanks, I guess, to nature's own sugar in the banana--they were awesome.
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #43
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't have pics, but two weird snacks of mine:

-Doritos dipped in cream cheese
-cheetos wrapped in pepperoni dipped in cream cheese

Mmmm...
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #44
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Isn't that a Greek salad without lettuce?

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #45
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
You've been bitten by that Mediterranean cuisine.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #46
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Isn't that a Greek salad without lettuce?
Well... yes.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #47
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Well... yes.
All we need is some dolmades, and I'M IN!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #48
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Super weird snack, Hot cheetos and cream cheese!
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #49
Dromond
Old school

People in this thread talking about dipping things in cream cheese being weird does my head in. That's not weird, that's delicious. I love to dip Ritz crackers in cream cheese.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #50
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

Back in my elementary/middle school days I used to dip Cheez-Its in hot sauce, lol. I also used to just melt bowls full of cheddar cheese in the microwave and gobble it up.

These days I eat olives right out of the jar, which weirds some people out. I find that they satisfy a lot of cravings.

I eat plain frozen bananas and sometimes dip them in peanut butter. My roommate thinks it's strange but I don't see why.

I'll add more as I think of them.