Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
BigWheels
It's OK, I bite back

BigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 club
Default Bucket List

Well, I have finally done it.

Broken down just before my 41st birthday & written the dreaded BUCKET LIST (place ominous music here)...

Putting together a bucket list of things to experience before I die is tough there are just so many cool things out there to see and do and experience. I had to leave a few things out, but in general I tried to include things ranging from the obvious to the obscure, and the sublime to the ridiculous. And they all gotta be done!

And now I just need to find my travel partner... and do a few things to get ready. Learning specialized skills I've gotten on the list (Nitrox diving, and deep sea sailing for starters).

So what kind of things do you have on your list, or have you even written one yet?

Here's a sampling of mine... and let me know if any of this is on yours, maybe we can make a trip of it.

Earn the certification for Master Diver:
Enriched Air Nitrox
Shark Diver
Wreck Diving

Learn to sail deep water

TRAVELING & USING THE SKILLS I HAVE LEARNED
North America
Connecticut - W1AW - The Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Station is known the world over for its on air Morse code practice sessions and news bulletins. When visiting ARRL HQ, W1AW is the first place members want to see.

Florida - Key Largo, Florida: Jules Undersea Lodge

Georgia - Attend DragonCon - world's largest fantasy/SF convention, held annually in Atlanta, GA, on Labor Day weekend.

Oregon - Visit Powell's bookstore in Portland, Oregon. Make a purchase.

Europe
Czech Republic - Visit Sedlec Ossuary

Dive every ocean in the world & photo document it.
Atlantic Ocean
Arctic Ocean
Southern Ocean
Indian Ocean
Pacific Ocean

Dive the Great Barrier Reef http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrier_Reef

Dive Nemo 33 Brussels http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_33

Go skinny dipping at least once in my life.

Write a book.

Start my own NGO (non-governmental organization) and dedicate myself to a cause I believe in. Sure, there will be plenty of challenges to overcome, but if I am passionate about making a difference, I can make it happen. I'm thinking river & ocean water cleanup?
Attached Files
File Type: doc bucket list.doc (39.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

dude that would be chunky dunking surely?
I had a bucket list but i cant remember where i put it HAHA i have done some things off it, stood behind a waterfall, had 'enough' children, been to India...
not written a book yet although the ideas are most definitely there, want to get nude portraits done of myself both photographic and drawing/painted before anything sags too much
sarahe543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahe543 View Post
dude that would be chunky dunking surely?
I had a bucket list but i cant remember where i put it HAHA i have done some things off it, stood behind a waterfall, had 'enough' children, been to India...
not written a book yet although the ideas are most definitely there, want to get nude portraits done of myself both photographic and drawing/painted before anything sags too much

India? That's somewhere I'd love to go. I haven't got a bucket list but if I did going there would be on it.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

Taj Mahal in the same day at sunrise then sunset, it was my birthday 6 years ago
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahe543 View Post
Taj Mahal in the same day at sunrise then sunset, it was my birthday 6 years ago
That does sound pretty cool. Thinking about it...if I did write a bucket list there would definitely be a lot of travel on the list.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
India? That's somewhere I'd love to go. I haven't got a bucket list but if I did going there would be on it.

I have 2 very close friends that traveled extensively in INDIA in the last year...some things are just a nightmare about it...but some of the beauty is amazing!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
BigWheels
It's OK, I bite back

BigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 club

I regret not spending more time in India when I was younger, but I did spend a month in Goa... and now I want to sail around the world, with various stops, doing some climbing, and if not actually getting to the summits, meeting the people, eating the foods, and learning that this planet has not heard the last of me yet.

I expand on my list when I find something damn cool, and it looks like I have a boat now! My kid brother has found a beautiful boat for me! He is going to bring it back up to Florida & rework it for the winter.

Yee Haw!!!! Slowly, but it's happening! Pics to follow.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
sarahe543

If anyone ever goes to India I recommend Ranthambore national park. I saw crocodiles but missed the tigers.
I stayed there and the chef noticed I liked Indian food and he was so happy he said 'i will make you a special breakfast' Next day I went for breakfast and there was a WHOLE TABLE set out just for me and it was delightful, whilst the other grumpy brits had their cornflakes LOL
Oh and at night bats the size of pigeons *EEK* but so beautiful i cried when i got on the road after the airport.
Oh i have been up the empire state building, seen the tower of Pisa, been to Rome, and Florence wasnt on my list but I spent a month there and it is an amazing place. A concert at the royal albert hall would also be on my list but i have already been to one, dined at the Fat Duck (recommend that to anyone).
Old 09-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can think of a few things.

1. Wrestle a full Match at an indie Event
2. Play the WSOP Main Event
3. Visit every state in America
4. make a feature length film
5. Perform a gig with my mates as our Hip Hip alter egos Sir Fizzley G Beets, Master Snitchin B Leeve and Baron von Scratchaphone... good times
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #10
BigWheels
It's OK, I bite back

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post

5. Perform a gig with my mates as our Hip Hip alter egos Sir Fizzley G Beets, Master Snitchin B Leeve and Baron von Scratchaphone... good times
Or combining all of them together... maybe being the musical act at the wrestling match (before you wrestle) while having it filmed, doing indie events around the country... with a grand finale @ the WSOP!

That would be a movie I could watch. Beats the crap they put out these days...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was reading this article yesterday, & it made me add this to my list:

1. Turn my enemies' skulls into fancy cups & drink blood/blueberry juice from them.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

In each on of us is a list we start, usually when were in our late teens looking down the fine edge of graduation and adulthood. My list was always simple in the beginning. As I grew older, life took its toll, my list changed, morphed and grew. Here is my list Id like to accomplish before I die.

.. Write and publish a book

.. Learn Belly Dancing

.. Master the art of Yoga

.. Participate in a roller derby team

.. Take a sabbatical and drive to my gramps house using the map he hand wrote for me

.. Go totally blond

.. Learn to ride horseback

.. Go to India

.. Study with a Buddhist Monk

.. Learn to cook

.. Master the art of Photography

.. Get a college degree

.. Sky Dive

.. Take a hot air balloon ride

.. Road trip across the states

.. Take a trip to the Mediterranean
dharmabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Or combining all of them together... maybe being the musical act at the wrestling match (before you wrestle) while having it filmed, doing indie events around the country... with a grand finale @ the WSOP!

That would be a movie I could watch. Beats the crap they put out these days...
now thats a hell of a plan. But saying that i have learnd that combining
things you like is not always a good plan. I like bannanas, I like tuna mayo... i did not like my mates idea of a grilled bannana and tuna mayo sandwich.
Tasted like hell.

PS he loves them!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
I was reading this article yesterday, & it made me add this to my list:

1. Turn my enemies' skulls into fancy cups & drink blood/blueberry juice from them.
Have I ever mentioned how we should be friends?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #15
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Have I ever mentioned how we should be friends?
Hmmm . . . special friends? Or just skull cup-drinking buddies?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Baron von Scratchaphone is the greatest name EVER!!
I would definitely go to that show and buy a shirt!
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightStarr View Post
Baron von Scratchaphone is the greatest name EVER!!
I would definitely go to that show and buy a shirt!
hes got a gramophone and a korg sampler...so good.

we did a cover of "im on a boat" called "Im Raul Moat"

UK news story google it. Twas mental.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
Hmmm . . . special friends? Or just skull cup-drinking buddies?
Whatever, just don't sip on Calvados from my thinkin'bone!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
hes got a gramophone and a korg sampler...so good.

we did a cover of "im on a boat" called "Im Raul Moat"

UK news story google it. Twas mental.
Yeah that really is mental and I want to hear that song immediately!! lol :P
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Has anyone ever completed anything off of their bucket list?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #21
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmabean View Post
Yeah.

"Fistbump a Bishop". He let me wear his bling and call him Dave.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #22
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I did in 2004 when I went to Ireland...laid on the edge of the Cliffs of Moher. I have a pic on my FB, but I'm too lazy to post it here. LOL

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #23
JayDanger

JayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this board

-have sex while sky diving
-get arrested in Norway
-protest outside the Westboro Baptist Church
-Start a cult
-be part of a cult
-Thwart a devious plan
-Cause at least four connundrums.
JayDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #24
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

This has been on my list for a while, & even though I don't know how to ever pull any of these things off, it's still a cluster of the things I most want to do:

1. This: http://youtu.be/Qw8OJJQ_hgk
2. Break Kittinger's record for fastest speed by a human being through the atmosphere.
3. Create a sonic boom in flight.
4. Somehow create a rainbow at the same time as #3.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Yes. Believe it or not, finding the strength to leave an abusive marriage and basically leave everything I owned behind and then rebuilding my physical and mental health.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote