Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Spoilers

Here's my rant of the week. Grown assed folks pissing and moaning about TV shows being spoiled for them. Look, if a TV show is on on Tuesday, watch it on Tuesday or be prepared to have it spoiled. All this DVR, netflix, waiting and buying a box set is your own choice so quit freaking whining if you here a spoiler on a show before you watch it. It is not my or any damn body else's inherent duty to make certain little ol' you have watched a particular television program.

If it is a movie, I'll give you a couple weeks, but that's it. If you haven't gone during the 2 week period then screw you. It then becomes your own damn fault.

You know what, since I'm ranting and in a mood, here's a few spoilers for all y'all. I'm in a mood to ruin things for everyone.

1. On M*A*S*H, Henry Blake's chopper went down on his way home and he was killed.
2 .J.R. Ewing got shot on Dallas
3. Maude had an abortion
4. Darth Vader actually was Luke's father
5. Henry Hill turned rat in Goodfella's
6. Everybody was really dead in The Sixth Sense
7. Sonny Corleone was gunned down in The Godfather

These are just a few for now. The rest of y'all should feel free to add your own to the list if you too are tired of dealing with people whining about spoilers all the damn time. Just get with the damn program and watch shit with the rest of us. You know, like we did back in the days before DVR's and netflix and the like.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I guess I'm a lone voice crying out in the wilderness on this one. Or I'm becoming a crotchety old git whose age is showing a bit.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

E.T went home.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

Roxy got voted out of Matsing on the latest episode of Survivor.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Weeping angels killed the married couple.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
You are fortunate. SO damn fortunate.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
Well, the one married couple. The other one is still together. For now.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Soylent Green is people.

Atlas is Frank Fontaine, and you shouldn't have killed Andrew Ryan.

Joffrey gets poisoned at his wedding, like a pussy.

There is a big dragon thing in the vault. And then there are many other vaults...nothing is resolved.

Hope that ruined something for someone *tips hat*
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just stay away from people who have no life and need to talk about shows I love. Haha.

Call it, friendo.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Listen, at least give it 24 hours. Some people work nights and CAN'T watch a show live, so at least be a little considerate. Because as much as you may think it inconsiderate that somebody wants you refrain, it's inconsiderate that you *have* to open your yap to the entire world right away. And it's not gonna kill you to type out a spoiler tag if you absolutely positively can't be cool for 24 hours.

And it ESPECIALLY pisses me off when shit like this happens:

http://www.facebook.com/PayableOnDea...51179753874728

2 HOURS AFTER IT AIRED. Two hours. Marcos is on my shit list.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Rosebud was the sled.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #12
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin23 View Post
Listen, at least give it 24 hours. Some people work nights and CAN'T watch a show live, so at least be a little considerate. Because as much as you may think it inconsiderate that somebody wants you refrain, it's inconsiderate that you *have* to open your yap to the entire world right away. And it's not gonna kill you to type out a spoiler tag if you absolutely positively can't be cool for 24 hours.

And it ESPECIALLY pisses me off when shit like this happens:

http://www.facebook.com/PayableOnDea...51179753874728

2 HOURS AFTER IT AIRED. Two hours. Marcos is on my shit list.

I did not take night workers into consideration. You are çorrect sir. 24 Hours is reasonable. As a friend of mine in Ireland pointed out, myself being a myopic American, I also did not take into account that some shows are 1 or 2 seasons behind in Europe, but all I can say to that is tough titty

Admittedly, I don't watch much TV so it really doesn't affect me much at all, I just dislike whiny adults with a deep and abiding passion.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #13
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In my family we always preface any tv talk by saying "did you have a chance to watch...". It's saves a lot of heartbreak. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I did not take night workers into consideration. You are çorrect sir. 24 Hours is reasonable. As a friend of mine in Ireland pointed out, myself being a myopic American, I also did not take into account that some shows are 1 or 2 seasons behind in Europe, but all I can say to that is tough titty

Admittedly, I don't watch much TV so it really doesn't affect me much at all, I just dislike whiny adults with a deep and abiding passion.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #14
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Are spoilers honestly that big of an issue for some people? It's just a tv show/movie/etc...not really that important. I can't think of a time where I've had something "spoiled" and was angry about it for more than 5 seconds (and only moderately angry, at that).
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
Surlysomething

For me, not really unless it's a season ender or someone dies. Haha.

Don't fuck with a good offing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Are spoilers honestly that big of an issue for some people? It's just a tv show/movie/etc...not really that important. I can't think of a time where I've had something "spoiled" and was angry about it for more than 5 seconds (and only moderately angry, at that).
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Spike dies after killing Vicious
L dies half way through the series
Andrea was actually the Phantasam and seemingly dies with the Joker when the amusement park explodes.
Ash loses the Kanto League due to Charizard refusing to battle.
While Al's body is restored, Ed ends up in a parallel world (ours)
Bevis and ButtHead don't score.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

Snape Killed Dumbledore!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfred View Post
Bevis and ButtHead don't score.
beer really hurts when it's exiting your nose rapidly.
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremerton View Post
beer really hurts when it's exiting your nose rapidly.
I'm not even sorry
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
Elementary_penguin

Elementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 club

Spoilers do very much grind my gears. Watching the show live is sadly not an option here in Ireland.. The earliest we get to watch a show is a day later, usually by downloading (I would never wait for a boxset or for something to come on TV, Sure Breaking Bad is 5 months behind on TV here!)

I don't think people need to refrain from talking about shows entirely, just be a little more guarded in their language. Especially if something big has gone down (Plot-twist, death of main character, etc). I get that you really loved how an episode shocked you, I just ask that you allow me have that same pleasure

There has been more than a few deaths on TV the last few years that someone has spoiled because they needed to post "JIMMY!! NOOOOOO!! HE WAS MY FAVOURITE!!!" as a topic title

And if there really is a need to talk about last nights goings-on on TV, just use a Spoiler Warning at the top of your post, let us slow-coach Europeans know to stop reading
Elementary_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

I got annoyed when my one friend hadn't read Deathly Hallows 3 years after it came out and yelled at me for saying "Voldemort dies." I mean, really.

But sometimes people get into shows or books years after they start. I've just recently gotten into Doctor Who (I'm only on the first season of the rebooted series) and people have ruined shit for me. Now, it's just common sense that if you're into a show or book series that you shouldn't read too much about it on the internet or go on fansites because you are inevitably going to encounter spoilers.

But if you tell someone, "Hey, I'm just starting to read/watch/play popular thing x, it should be common courtesy that they not instantly blurt out a long stream of spoilers in your face.

Of course, I tend to take forever to watch things because I end up doing other stuff, so I understand people get frustrated that they can't talk to me when they want a new fan to gush with. But still, there are times when it's rude to ruin things for new fans just because you can.

It never hurts to post a quick spoiler warning if you're online.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

Everyone from the "Lost" Island finale was dead and trying to move on
Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #23
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The ship sinks.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #24
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fantine dies in the first thirty minutes & her dream never comes true.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #25
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Bill: killed.