Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Spin off from debate thread- Double Standards in media politics

This is a spin off from the presidential debate threads. According to some, wait, MANY on the far right, Romney was da man when he took on President Obama. According to them, he was very confident and looked powerful, while, the President looked 'meek' and 'passive', although Obama was clearly stating facts, provided substance, but not in a flashy manner. Meh, it didn't matter that Romney was full of lies, it's just that he looked 'confident'.

Now these same people are crying that Biden was 'too mean', 'too loud', 'bullying' their precious Ryan because he was catching him on his lies. Why? He dared to question Ryan and Romney's views of half the country, based on their 30% and 47% 'moochers' comments respectively, he questioned their fuzzy math, he addressed Ryan for his two stimulus fund requests when Ryan was opposed to the federal stimulus, he exposed Romney's "Let Detroit go Bankrupt" statement, he exposed the Romney campaign's terrible foreign policy solutions and their warhawk agenda, and he exposed the Romney campaign's views of birth control and abortion among other things and what that means for the future of Roe vs. Wade since there will more than likely be several new Supreme Court appointees in the next four years. He notably mentioned that he is Catholic and pro-life but would not impose his views on others unlike Ryan. He touted the president's job recovery plan and refuted the accusations by Ryan that the president is not working across the aisle when it was the House Republicans who kept FILIBUSTERING every progress being made and creating obstruction. He topped the icing on the cake by stating, "I never say anything that I don't mean", unlike Romney, who changes positions based on the audience or how he sees fit. However, some in the media wish to call it a 'draw' yet President Obama lost 'badly'?

Many complained that Biden kept interrupting but had no qualms about Romney interrupting the moderator and the president during the first debates. Oh, it was also mentioned that Ryan was looking 'presidential' and had good 'composure', the same behavior they dismissed as 'passive' when the President was debating. Hannity, for crying out loud, was whining that Biden was being too mean. SEAN HANNITY? OF ALL PEOPLE!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...elections-2012
http://mediamatters.org/research/201...ce-mayb/190575

It is this type of hypocrisy that I find nauseating. But you know, I don't fault some in the far right. No matter what happens, they always stand by their guy. I direct some of the blame to many on the left like, Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz, for publicly lamenting the President's performance in the last debate. These guys totally freaked out. This lamenting from some on the far left is one of the reasons the media set the narrative of the President being passive in the first debate and making it look worse than what it appeared to be although the media seems to want a horse race between the two candidates.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 10-13-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quick hip-shot take of it for me was that yes, president Obama did not fare well in the debate against governor Romney. The vice presidential debate was the administrations chance to re-assert their dominant position before the remaining presidential debates. From my vantage point, I don't necessarily think Joe Biden was mean, but I do think he figuratively raised his leg and pissed all over Paul Ryan at every turn to assert just who the "big dogs" are. I think this will give the president some breathing room and a chance to better prepare for future debates. I'm actually now interested in seeing the next one, where before I was mostly meh about it.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
KittyKitten

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Quick hip-shot take of it for me was that yes, president Obama did not fare well in the debate against governor Romney. The vice presidential debate was the administrations chance to re-assert their dominant position before the remaining presidential debates. From my vantage point, I don't necessarily think Joe Biden was mean, but I do think he figuratively raised his leg and pissed all over Paul Ryan at every turn to assert just who the "big dogs" are. I think this will give the president some breathing room and a chance to better prepare for future debates. I'm actually now interested in seeing the next one, where before I was mostly meh about it.
I am very interested in viewing the next debate. I am concerned since the media narrative has a huge effect on the outcome of this election and one of the reasons it is closer than what is should be. In any other western nation, a candidate like Romney would be taken as a joke, but not here. The media shapes many people's minds. Too often people are sheep to what is seen on television.

The good news is that the bounce from Romney's performance in the debate is slowly fading and multiple polls are moving in the direction favorable for the president in addition to the great jobs report for September. I wish the president would have called out Romney more on his lies, but in my opinion, that debate should not have been as damaging towards the president had it not been the overreaction by many on the left in media (not just the gloating on the right). I mean look at how the right wing pundits wish to spin both debates, playing a game of Goldilocks, they still gas up Ryan while vilifying Biden, though Biden clearly mopped the floor with him in facts and presentation. The left wing pundits totally moaned in the first debate. Look at the comparison. Never underestimate the effect of the media in politics.

Oh wanna bet if Obama becomes more commanding in this next debate, the media would say he is being 'too aggressive' just as some did with Biden? Apparently, aggressiveness is an acceptable trait on Republicans. Democrats have constantly been categorized as 'wimps' and 'spineless' but when they show assertiveness, it's 'bullying' and 'negative politics'. I've said it many times and seen it demonstrated on this board. I mean, hello pundits, you just said he was 'passive' now when he shows boldness and dares to answer lies, he is being 'aggressive'? Come on! LOL. Classic case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. This is one of the reasons the election is close. He shouldn't give a damn anymore. Screw the pundits. Fight for the best interest of the country like Biden.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 10-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Quick hip-shot take of it for me was that yes, president Obama did not fare well in the debate against governor Romney. The vice presidential debate was the administrations chance to re-assert their dominant position before the remaining presidential debates. ...
To say "... Obama did not fare well in the debate ..." is an understatement. Barry got Mitt-slapped!

Shoots 'Barry's a genius' delusion right out of the sky.
Isn't it funny that Junior Varsity Creepy Joe showed up the Varsity Big-Brain Barry?

Quote:
... From my vantage point, I don't necessarily think Joe Biden was mean, but I do think he figuratively raised his leg and pissed all over Paul Ryan at every turn to assert just who the "big dogs" are. I think this will give the president some breathing room and a chance to better prepare for future debates. I'm actually now interested in seeing the next one, where before I was mostly meh about it.

Old Joe is not a nice guy as evidenced by his debate performance. Not only was Old Joe a condescending, disrespectful asshole, he can across as downright creepy.

He laughed at every problem our nation is facing? The only word to describe Old Joe's demeanor is creepy.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
hal84

hal84 never has a post go unnoticedhal84 never has a post go unnoticedhal84 never has a post go unnoticedhal84 never has a post go unnoticedhal84 never has a post go unnoticedhal84 never has a post go unnoticedhal84 never has a post go unnoticedhal84 never has a post go unnoticed

If we take the right out of the news and the left out of the news than I think what we have is that Romney did a better job than Obama and that Biden came off as a jerk. We have take out MSNBC and FOXNEWS.

As I said it seems like the mistake between Biden and Romney who basically did the same thing is that VP Biden was laughing while Romney wasn't laughing. Did that smile turn off people I don't know but that was the major difference between the two debates. But I wouldn't call media bias considering some of the stories that have come out about Romney, his hrose deducion story, the unconfirmed bullying story where the victim never seemed to care and was actually dead when the stroy came out, the taxes, it seems like Jon Stewart claims that the right have made Obama into something he isn't which is true but it seems like the left have made Romney something he isn't which is true aswell.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
KittyKitten

<Ignores lame cartoons from BDM>

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal84 View Post
If we take the right out of the news and the left out of the news than I think what we have is that Romney did a better job than Obama and that Biden came off as a jerk. We have take out MSNBC and FOXNEWS.

As I said it seems like the mistake between Biden and Romney who basically did the same thing is that VP Biden was laughing while Romney wasn't laughing. Did that smile turn off people I don't know but that was the major difference between the two debates. But I wouldn't call media bias considering some of the stories that have come out about Romney, his hrose deducion story, the unconfirmed bullying story where the victim never seemed to care and was actually dead when the stroy came out, the taxes, it seems like Jon Stewart claims that the right have made Obama into something he isn't which is true but it seems like the left have made Romney something he isn't which is true aswell.

And there you have it, when a Democrat dares to be bold, stomps the lies, all of a sudden, he is a 'jerk'. So what if Biden was smiling? Romney had a big fake grin every time the president looked at him. The right says Biden looked drunk, but Romney looked like he was high. It's amazing how there was little to no mention of Ryan's wack performance from the right. The only people turned off are Romney supporters, my friend. Biden renewed the Democrats' spirits. Haven't you seen the polls? Even undecideds thought Biden won. Nice try.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...ed-voters-say/

If Biden was a jerk, at least he was an honest jerk, unlike Romney, who is a lying snake. Biden keeps it real! As for Rmoney, I don't know how constantly throwing lies and looking like he drank 10 cups of Red Bull makes someone do a better job. That is puzzling to me. I won't say Romney did a better job than the president, but rather, the president should have stomped him more on his lies. But knowing many on the right, they would be ready to call Obama a 'jerk' anyway had he done so. The mistake the president made was that, he simply thought he would be debating with a sane, honest person, but he got a lying snake instead, shouting a thousand lies a minute, lol. It's ok, the president is rebounding now. He may even win Ohio and Arizona. He's leading in early voting in Ohio that's all that matters.

http://www.alan.com/2012/10/14/ppp-e...a-leading-3-1/

Last edited by KittyKitten; 10-14-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKitten View Post
<Ignores lame cartoons from BDM>

Let me get this straight...

Old Creepy Joe represents the Democrats???