Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Candies, Sweeties and Lollies, Oh My!

It's Halloween season in the United States! The time when everyone's thoughts turn to candy, costumes, and chicanery. The Halloween thing is leaking out into the rest of the world, or so I hear, but here in the US it's truly big business. The front bookend of the holiday season.

But that's not our purpose! Our purpose is the celebration of those tooth rotting sugary delicacies that we all know and love.

What are your favorite sweet confections? List as many as you can think of! You can also hate on the ones you don't like if you wish. We're not fussed.

List 'em!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My list is short: Cherry Mash.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Looks like everybody's on a diet.

So, Dromond, what's your take on candy root beer barrels? Are they a gateway drug?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah, looks like this thread was stillborn.

Root beer barrels are as varied as root beer. The generic mass market things are kind of like concentrated A&W root beer. Cloyingly sweet. I'm pretty "meh" about them. More expensive candies tend to be better, using actual oils instead of artificial flavors. Spend a little more and have a much better root beer barrel experience!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am old school, I still love candy corn, Mary Janes, Pixie sticks, those peanut butter things in the orange and black wrappers, Wax Coca Cola bottles, Sugar Babies, Tootsie Rolls. Ahh the good old days
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
Dromond
Old school

Those peanut butter things stick to your teeth something fierce, but they are good stuff. Let's see.

Good stuff:
Chik-O-Stix
Reese's pumpkins
Lemonheads
Sours
Tootsie Rolls
Junior Mints
Mounds
Bit o' Honey
Caramels of any sort
Butterfinger
M&Ms

Bad stuff:
Candy corn
Anything with almonds
Anything with cherries
Circus peanuts
Malted milk balls
American smarties
Old 10-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
imaginarydiva21

imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Milky bar buttons and galaxy nom nom
Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can pretty much go for anything caramel. I love soft, creamy caramel. Peanut M&Ms tend to disappear from the kids' trick or treat bags I also like cherry Jolly Ranchers. Oh and pumpkins made of the candy corn stuff...
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Anything with coconut or caramel or a cookie or wafer involved.

Reese's pumpkins.

Also, I kill for popcorn balls.

Has anyone seen the new Cadbury Spooky Eggs?

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Dromond
Old school

Does anyone actually like circus peanuts?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
*hork* .......no.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #12
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
My wife adores them, but then she also likes fruitcake. Is there any way to find out if someone you know is actually an alien from another planet?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
Dromond
Old school

You make a good case for it.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Reese's Peanut Butter cups
Mini-Mars bars
Mini Kit-kats

Yep. Chocolate.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
My wife adores them, but then she also likes fruitcake. Is there any way to find out if someone you know is actually an alien from another planet?
... I like fruitcake...

I wonder if I'm from Krypton. That'd be AWESOME!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
... I like fruitcake...

I wonder if I'm from Krypton. That'd be AWESOME!
So your super-snark is solar powered?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #17
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Reese's Pumpkins
Old 10-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
So your super-snark is solar powered?
Only under the Yellow Sun. Krypton, where I'm from, has a red sun and my powers are not as effective.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

Carambar...............!

A french caramel that's really hard to resist! One of my all time favorites!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCA64K2YY.jpg (12.8 KB, 107 views)
Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

We get so few trick or treaters anymore that we just fill the damn plastic pumpkin full of stuff WE like. Cut right to the chase and all that...

This year its filled with mini Take-5 Bars, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups X 2, and mini Kit Kats.

Although I love popcorn balls, candy apples (hot cinnamon only please, none of that generic "red" or cherry candy), caramel apples, and sesame candy. I used to trade my Snickers bars for sesame candy as a kid. I also like fruitcake, but hate circus peanuts.

I wish we'd gotten some mini Twix bars, but the Take 5's will suffice.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #21
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Sugar Daddies
Banana bikes
Mini Payday bars
Peanut butter taffy
I have found a new love,fruit flavored tootsie rolls!! Oh My!!
Cherry twizzlers

So many more..I was raised during a time when $1 would buy you a sack full of candy and getting a big sack full at Halloween just prolonged the joy of the season! In other words we normally had candy till Christmas!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:07 AM   #22
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Anything with chocolate and peanut butter combined....That combo is a gift from the Gods.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASmith View Post
Anything with chocolate and peanut butter combined....That combo is a gift from the Gods.
I suspect Mars was involved with it.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

If it has coconut in it, I almost always like it. I made some homemade Mounds bars a few years ago that I thought were great.
And I'm another sesame candy fan. Sesame anything.
Marzipan obsessed. Mozartkugeln when I can get them.
Fudge, all flavors, favorite probably penuche.
Dark chocolate seafoam.
Dark chocolate truffles. Infused with fruit is a bonus.
Homemade caramels
Caramel popcorn. I like my own best, of course.
Toffee. Homemade is better, but Almond Roca is an acceptable substitute.

On the more brand name side
Ritter Sport bars- many of their varieties.
Sugar Babies
Chick-O-Sticks
Butterfinger
Reece's
100 Grand
I also love the Cadbury NON-filled mini-eggs in the powdery pastel shells that taste of chocolate -and- vanilla that are only out at Easter.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #25
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
I also love the Cadbury NON-filled mini-eggs in the powdery pastel shells that taste of chocolate -and- vanilla that are only out at Easter.
My bestie is obsessed with those!! I usually buy him a few bags around Easter cause he shares them with me! I wish I had some now!!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote