Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #26
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
My bestie is obsessed with those!! I usually buy him a few bags around Easter cause he shares them with me! I wish I had some now!!
Me too!

And though I normally like dark chocolate anything better than milk, in this case, avoid the dark chocolate ones. They have a strong honey flavor to the chocolate, which overrides that delicate chocovanilla balance in the original.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #27
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Confessions of a not-so-closeted sugar addict:

I love candy corn (and the mellowcreme pumpkins that usually come in the same bag,) circus peanuts (only if they are fresh,) chocolate covered cherries, malted milk balls, and almond rocca. Sorry Dro! Smarties are like crack to me.

I also love what we call Canadian mints; they are powdery lozenge type candies in white (peppermint flavor) and pink (wintergreen flavor.) I always have a jar full on my desk. I'm very partial to gummy bears, chocolate/caramel combinations (except Rolos which taste like wax to me,) and Reese cups/pumpkins/Christmas trees/Easter eggs.

Funny you all should mention popcorn balls. I never much cared for them as a kid. We always got at least two in our treat bag and I would always trade mine with my younger brothers for the next-door neighbor's homemade peanut butter cookies (this was back before it was unheard of for folks to give out home-made treats on Halloween. The "good ole days" as it were. ) Recently I made a batch of popcorn balls for work and I tried a small one for "quality control." It was pretty good...better than I remember.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
Marzipan obsessed. Mozartkugeln when I can get them.
You can get them here.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #29
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
You can get them here.
Niederegger is my favorite brand and since I've moved I haven't been able to find them. Thanks for the link, Dr.!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #30
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mary Janes
Slo-pokes
Dum-Dum suckers (cream soda, bubblegum, root beer, butterscotch)
Sweet Tarts
Strawberry blow pops

All Halloween favorites of mine from childhood 'till present day.

Tracy
Old 10-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #31
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
You can get them here.
The link was down by the time I saw your post, but that was really nice, I repped you! Usually I don't buy a bunch, because then they're just gone. I leave it to fate, and if I see them in person, I buy a few to savor. But I have succumbed a few times. Think I'll go find them online and fill an apothecary jar- so pretty.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #32
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Those peanut butter things stick to your teeth something fierce, but they are good stuff. Let's see.

Good stuff:
Chik-O-Stix
Reese's pumpkins
Lemonheads
Sours
Tootsie Rolls
Junior Mints
Mounds
Bit o' Honey
Caramels of any sort
Butterfinger
M&Ms

Bad stuff:
Candy corn
Anything with almonds
Anything with cherries
Circus peanuts
Malted milk balls
American smarties
Chick-o-Sticks are Virgin Butterfingers to me, only moreso.
I'll do anything for a bag of tootsie rolls, or Bit o'Honey. That's what makes halloween so great, is I can get these huge bags of candy knowing full well that nobody is coming to my door.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #33
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

All-time favorite. Grateful to Hershey for continuing to make the Zero, even though they stopped making the Milkshake bar when they bought out the Hollywood candy company.

My father bought me my first Zero bar out at a 7-11 back when the store was only open from 7am to 11pm. I wanted a 7-up bar, but couldn't find it.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #34
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~nai'a~ View Post
Carambar...............!

A french caramel that's really hard to resist! One of my all time favorites!
I saw french and caramel in the same sentence and wondered why I had never heard of this creation.. oh yeah.. ~nai'a~ gets better candy in Canada.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #35
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Carambar...............!

A french caramel that's really hard to resist! One of my all time favorites!
They're soooo good, just mind your teeth !
azerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #36
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I saw french and caramel in the same sentence and wondered why I had never heard of this creation.. oh yeah.. ~nai'a~ gets better candy in Canada.
Fuzzy, it's worth trying to find it.... There's a little burnt caramel taste.

Beeing a french candy, it's hard to find even here, in Canada! But when I do, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! I'm like a little girl that finds a hidden treasure...
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #37
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerty View Post
They're soooo good, just mind your teeth !
Oh oui m'sieur!

Beware! There should be a warning for the teeth on it!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #38
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Oh oui m'sieur!

Beware! There should be a warning for the teeth on it!
Lol
Good French, bravo M'dame. You can buy some on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...carambar&ajr=0
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #39
~nai'a~

Quote:
Lol
Good French, bravo M'dame. You can buy some on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...carambar&ajr=0
azerty...... Je parle français. Je suis du Québec!

Thank you for the info!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #40
azerty
Life is worth living

Quote:
azerty...... Je parle français. Je suis du Québec!

Thank you for the info!
Oups, pardon. J'ai regardé trop vite. Sorry I know I should be writing in English
Old 11-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #41
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

All-time favorite. Grateful to Hershey for continuing to make the Zero, even though they stopped making the Milkshake bar when they bought out the Hollywood candy company.

My father bought me my first Zero bar out at a 7-11 back when the store was only open from 7am to 11pm. I wanted a 7-up bar, but couldn't find it.
I understand they're better frozen (hence the name?), but I could never wait long enough for that. Do you freeze them or eat them at room temperature?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #42
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

And there used to be a caramel that came in a bar, or kind of slab- it was a big bar- that I LOVED.

I don't remember the name anymore or I'd search it down. It was kind of a harder caramel, but not as hard as a Sugar Daddy, and it was buttery and yum.

The package was red, kind of reminded me of Walker's packaging, and I thing the brand was Scottish... Mac something, maybe? If anyone knows what I'm talking about, help a girl out!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #43
~nai'a~

Quote:
And there used to be a caramel that came in a bar, or kind of slab- it was a big bar- that I LOVED.

I don't remember the name anymore or I'd search it down. It was kind of a harder caramel, but not as hard as a Sugar Daddy, and it was buttery and yum.

The package was red, kind of reminded me of Walker's packaging, and I thing the brand was Scottish... Mac something, maybe? If anyone knows what I'm talking about, help a girl out!

You can only find it in ice cream and small candies now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCAZ8RPI1.jpg (7.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 11-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #44
azerty
Life is worth living

I live no too far from Switzerland and I go for chocolate and specially this one.
Milk chocolate with liquid raspberry syrup. It melts in your mouth, and the liquid just slowly run through your throat down. A real pleasure. Soooo good.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #45
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

Quote:

You can only find it in ice cream and small candies now...
OMG! I... I think that's it! Having the brand and name will help a lot!
It didn't occur to me to search for toffee, as I'm used to thinking about that as a brittle product. Now that I'm reminded, it's a hard caramel elsewhere.

Thank you SO much!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #46
~nai'a~

Quote:
OMG! I... I think that's it! Having the brand and name will help a lot!
It didn't occur to me to search for toffee, as I'm used to thinking about that as a brittle product. Now that I'm reminded, it's a hard caramel elsewhere.

Thank you SO much!
Happy if it helps...
Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #47
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Mine was gummy bears until I learned they were made with HFCS.

I do rather love dark chocolate.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #48
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Half price on Reese's Pumpkins. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #49
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
I live no too far from Switzerland and I go for chocolate and specially this one.
Milk chocolate with liquid raspberry syrup. It melts in your mouth, and the liquid just slowly run through your throat down. A real pleasure. Soooo good.
We have this here too. I love the pistachio one especially.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #50
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chocolate + raspberry = bliss.