Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Eat, [donít] pray, make loveÖ

SoÖ Iíve been thinking about spirituality, sexuality and food, and the relationship between those things, a lot lately.

Just to be clear, when I say spirituality, I actually mean literally any belief system Ė religious/non-religious, mainstream/less mainstream, monotheistic, polytheistic, atheistic Ė all of it. If you donít think of yours as a Ďspirituality,í please bear with me, just for the sake of this little spout of jabber

Without going into too much personal detail, Iíve discovered the importance of the impact my spirituality has on my sexuality, and vice versa. All Iím really getting at is that I think itís so important to feel good about the part of yourself that is a sexual being and to not feel that it essentially contradicts who you are as a spiritual/philosophical being.

I was in denial about this for a good number of years, but there was definitely a bit of a battle between these two parts of me within (I donít even say Ďsidesí of me, because I donít think theyíre that opposite); they were not at peace with each other. Now that they are and Iím comfortable with both parts of me, life has changed immensely for the better.

Seeing as this is Dims and I am an FFA, the enjoyment of food factors into it as well. What I mean there is that my own enjoyment of food needed to become Ė and is now Ė a good and comfortable part of who I am spiritually and sexually. And, of course, so is my vicarious enjoyment of othersí eating.

Is this something you guys and girls have found you had to think through/come to terms with too? Thoughts? Experiences?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post

Without going into too much personal detail, Iíve discovered the importance of the impact my spirituality has on my sexuality, and vice versa. All Iím really getting at is that I think itís so important to feel good about the part of yourself that is a sexual being and to not feel that it essentially contradicts who you are as a spiritual/philosophical being. ...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. i totally agree with what you say. For me spirituality has an impact on who I am and my relationship with the others, it has also an impact on my sexuality (for me and my partner). And because sexuality is a relation between two persons it is a way of living my spirituality.
azerty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #3
bostonbbwluv

bostonbbwluv can now change their title

All of us are capable of continuing to discover ourselves if we are willing to and it sounds like you are doing just that. Food and sex are two of the most sensual and fulfilling experiences a person can enjoy, provided they are enjoyed with the right person. So many bbw's I have met over the years love to enjoy food, but also feel tremendous guilt and are trying to, or planning to lose weight and some are so hard on themselves and feel ashamed and live a tortured existence trying to please others instead of pleasing themselves by seeking out those who love and accept them just as they are. It is the rare person who can truly look into the mirror and acknowledge who they are, and even rarer yet, is the person who can accept who they are. There is more pleasure and satisfaction in learning to enjoy the person we are rather than in struggling to be someone different. Although seeking to improve is admirable, but in the end, we are who we are. There has been no experience more powerful than being with a partner who loves her food, her sex and her man and makes no apologies for loving it all to bits. Fill your soul and you fill your life.
bostonbbwluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like to say I am a mix of contradictions, it has taken me a very long time to be comfortable in my own skin and with who I am spiritually, creatively and sexually I think its ok if some of those things contradict in some ways as long as you can resolve it within yourself which seems to be what your saying.

Not sure its a journey any of us ever reach an end of after all we are always growing, evolving and changing and so these things will change with us.

I think it is about finding what works for you and what your comfortable with some people love the whole one night stand or short fling thing and others find that hard to do and not part of their nature neither is right or wrong just different fits for different people

hugs thanks for starting such an interesting discussion
Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbbwluv View Post
There has been no experience more powerful than being with a partner who loves her food, her sex and her man and makes no apologies for loving it all to bits...
I hear you. Couldn't have said it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
I like to say I am a mix of contradictions, it has taken me a very long time to be comfortable in my own skin and with who I am spiritually, creatively and sexually I think its ok if some of those things contradict in some ways as long as you can resolve it within yourself which seems to be what your saying...
Exactly! Learning not to pigeon-hole ourselves, and that the different parts within us can coexist, is a very rewarding ongoing process