Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 01-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #51
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

The excesses of professional bodybuilding are totally out of control and have turned many people away from weight training. This is particularly unfortunate for fat people since weight training is an excellent method of controlling body weight, limiting future gains of body fat, and addressing mobility issues.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #52
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default What happens to a dream-deferred?

Maybe it's me, but I didn't notice the OP actually mentioning anything about being single. Or married. Or whatever. So, when I read the original post, that didn't even enter into my calculus.

Of course, I'm single, if anyone cares. (Although I'm not sure if that's the same as "available" or not. Heh...to me, "available" sounds kind of...uh...."freaky-deaky," if you catch my drift). But just how is that anyone's business? How is what this guy's doing that much different from, say, a Web-model being married or having a boyfriend? Or just not being so into the type of guys who're normally the customers in that type of exchange?

Certainly, I get that most people-on the balance understand & appreciate the basic difference between fantasy & reality. But-then why don't we extend that to cases like this?

Of course, if this guy's been two-timing, and that's really the issue; why not just come out with that? And with who? I mean, if it's going to be a public shaming & blaming, then let's have a real & honest public debate. With two (or more) sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango View Post
"FYI duhast234 is married."
For a while-now, I've been trying to bring Russ around to this concept of stunting. To no avail. As best as he can, this is about as close he gets. Yes, the basic idea is coming across. But I still feel like something's getting lost in translation. Giving this thread a, sort-of, raison d'etre quality to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
"hmmm so the "Tuna Shake" is a no go..."
Maybe you can shed some light onto this, for me; because, really, I just don't get it. I feel like I'm missing something here: Why does so much of body-building culture have to revolve around some sort of over-the-top type of display of one's commitment to extreme measures just in order to maintain the tiniest (imaginary-really) competitive edge?

Personally, I like Tuna fish. I don't eat it all of the time. But, even out of a can, in oil, ect...it's not really that bad that I can't just eat it by itself. No differently than I might make a snack of some rolled-up pieces of deli-meat. When I was more (hysterically) diet-conscious, I would actually make Tuna fish sandwiches with mustard instead of Mayo. On whole-wheat toast with lettuce and tomato. Or baby spinach. Or what the people of the CommonWealth refer to as "rocket." Even better to substitute a plain yellow mustard with a Dijon-style made with white wine. To add, time allowing, some finely chopped dill pickle-relish and onions. Fresh ground black-pepper, etc..

But to make a shake out of canned Tuna-fish? What's the point, really? How is that necessary? Is it a question of efficiency? Why stop there? Maybe I should install a firemen's pole in my bedroom, so I can fly down into the basement/garage home-gym for a quick set of leg-presses or squats. Or keep a set of grip devices next to the toilet, just to make better use of that time.

I also wonder the same thing at those "competition suits" and folks rolling them down their buttocks in some lewd display. (You really can't tell who looks bigger, stronger, more symmetrical, & better proportioned just based on arms, legs and about 90% of the surface area of the human body!?) And the tanning-mom tans. Your body is one thing, but to do that to your face? It's just weird, too much.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #53
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Regardless of his controversial status- Greg keeps it real regarding his past usage/abuse of Synthol... unfortunately, this sub-culture within bodybuilding has it's devoted followers and despite the obvious risk - folks still inject

hmmm so the "Tuna Shake" is a no go...
I totally agree tony! folks know the risk and STILL inject! it's very sad man. They see what Valentino and others went through yet they STILL decide to inject, draining your bicep yourself and recording it, that's some sick stuff man. Even alot of times buying stuff off the internet from a foreign country not knowing what's in those bottles or what they're getting. Same goes for steroids, you may not be getting what you think your getting. Yes Gregg does keep it real atleast i do give the man that as crazy as he is. He never denies his Synthol use, just wish more people would take note from his experience.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 01-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #54
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Maybe it's me, but I didn't notice the OP actually mentioning anything about being single. Or married. Or whatever. So, when I read the original post, that didn't even enter into my calculus.

Of course, I'm single, if anyone cares. (Although I'm not sure if that's the same as "available" or not. Heh...to me, "available" sounds kind of...uh...."freaky-deaky," if you catch my drift). But just how is that anyone's business? How is what this guy's doing that much different from, say, a Web-model being married or having a boyfriend? Or just not being so into the type of guys who're normally the customers in that type of exchange?

Certainly, I get that most people-on the balance understand & appreciate the basic difference between fantasy & reality. But-then why don't we extend that to cases like this?

Of course, if this guy's been two-timing, and that's really the issue; why not just come out with that? And with who? I mean, if it's going to be a public shaming & blaming, then let's have a real & honest public debate. With two (or more) sides.

For a while-now, I've been trying to bring Russ around to this concept of stunting. To no avail. As best as he can, this is about as close he gets. Yes, the basic idea is coming across. But I still feel like something's getting lost in translation. Giving this thread a, sort-of, raison d'etre quality to it.

Maybe you can shed some light onto this, for me; because, really, I just don't get it. I feel like I'm missing something here: Why does so much of body-building culture have to revolve around some sort of over-the-top type of display of one's commitment to extreme measures just in order to maintain the tiniest (imaginary-really) competitive edge?

Personally, I like Tuna fish. I don't eat it all of the time. But, even out of a can, in oil, ect...it's not really that bad that I can't just eat it by itself. No differently than I might make a snack of some rolled-up pieces of deli-meat. When I was more (hysterically) diet-conscious, I would actually make Tuna fish sandwiches with mustard instead of Mayo. On whole-wheat toast with lettuce and tomato. Or baby spinach. Or what the people of the CommonWealth refer to as "rocket." Even better to substitute a plain yellow mustard with a Dijon-style made with white wine. To add, time allowing, some finely chopped dill pickle-relish and onions. Fresh ground black-pepper, etc..

But to make a shake out of canned Tuna-fish? What's the point, really? How is that necessary? Is it a question of efficiency? Why stop there? Maybe I should install a firemen's pole in my bedroom, so I can fly down into the basement/garage home-gym for a quick set of leg-presses or squats. Or keep a set of grip devices next to the toilet, just to make better use of that time.

I also wonder the same thing at those "competition suits" and folks rolling them down their buttocks in some lewd display. (You really can't tell who looks bigger, stronger, more symmetrical, & better proportioned just based on arms, legs and about 90% of the surface area of the human body!?) And the tanning-mom tans. Your body is one thing, but to do that to your face? It's just weird, too much.

Tanning your face makes no sense i agree. It all comes down to genetics and judging. You can train hard as hell but if you don't have the genetic you just won't stand out. I mean training hard definitly goes a long way, but genetics can go longer but you still have to train hard.

Cause i will tell you if it came down to training and dedication, my boy Rich Gaspari would have won EVERY Olympia in his time competing. Man had heart and for Lee Haney to say that too says alot. Tan just make the muscles look more formed.

But tanning your face i think they just want it to go with the rest of the body. Everyone now a days look the same, bloated guts over developed muscles, the days of Zane Arnold etc are gone and that is my favorite era. It is sad man. Once the 90's hit it became "how big can i get till im still alive" type thing. The beauty of the symmetry went out the window as all hell.

GH became too much. You used to could put a mask on each competitor and know who it is, can't do that now. Most everyone looks the same most well some guys you can tell it's them but still not really as much.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 01-05-2014 at 07:08 PM.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #55
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
The excesses of professional bodybuilding are totally out of control and have turned many people away from weight training. This is particularly unfortunate for fat people since weight training is an excellent method of controlling body weight, limiting future gains of body fat, and addressing mobility issues.

Yeah it's the culture and stigma that goes with it that turns people off. Alot of people think over training they will get huge like that but they wont unless they take something or are a genetic freak lol.