Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
jrmorfin

jrmorfin has said some nice things
Default Gaining Healthfully

Hi Guys---How do you all gain healthfully? I am 6'2" 280, I want to gain, but went to the doc and found out my triglycerides are borderline high ...
jrmorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
melinda333
panda

melinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmelinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmelinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Eat whole foods. Example: starchy vegetables, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, beans, milk, cheese, eggs, bread, peanut butter, mayo, fruits, fruit juices, honey...Not an expert but I gain eating these...and I'm not even trying. I still eat it (among other things), but I would just eat bigger portions if I was trying to gain.

I believe high triglycerides come with overeating though, so it would proabably stay high if you choose this journey.
melinda333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
fiddypence
Fast Feedist

fiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

This is a good question. I would suggest checking out some bodybuilding websites.
They have a lot of strategies for adding calories relatively healthily

A fun and easy suggestion.

Buy two boboli whole wheat pizza crusts. Cover in lots of veggies:tomatos, spinach,
artichoke hearts, garlic. Add plenty of feta and mozzeralla and some lunch meat.

Put in the oven, go for a 10 minute walk. Eat pizza one. Put second pizza in oven,
go for a 10 minute walk. Eat pizza two.
fiddypence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
Jim Miller

Jim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticed

Some people can gain more healthfully than others. Finding the foods that do your body the most good and making the time to exercise can both help, as can giving your body time to gain weight rather than trying to do it quickly. But, ultimately, some bodies just can't do it without getting sick. Don't try and push it unless you're willing to commit to fat at a price. (Don't get me wrong; I'm not judging: If you want to get fat when it isn't healthy, go for it. The important thing is that you weigh all your priorities in life and take the course that brings you the most fulfillment, even if that means choosing a road that doesn't give you the best health.)
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote