Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 11-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Guilt Trip...

What do you feel guilty about?

I did the most horrible thing ever this morning and I'm going to feel guilty forever. My 3 year old was being a complete jerk and wouldn't get dressed. She was being so defiant and impossible. She hid in the closet, threw her clothes behind the bed, hid her shoes, I mean anything she could think of to push my buttons. Finally, I had enough and I said, "I'm leaving for work. Have a good day. You know where we keep the food." And I strolled out to get in my car (I promise I had no intention of leaving her alone LOL). I didn't realize she would take me so seriously. She ran after me, just in her underwear, no shoes...screaming and crying, "Mommy! Don't leave me!"...just this horrified look on her face...the most pitiful thing I've ever seen in my whole life. The upside is that she finally got dressed. The downside is that all the way to school she kept saying, "I don't want to go to school! I want to go to work with you!" And then she cried when I dropped her off. I'm a bad mom

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
What do you feel guilty about?

I did the most horrible thing ever this morning and I'm going to feel guilty forever. My 3 year old was being a complete jerk and wouldn't get dressed. She was being so defiant and impossible. She hid in the closet, threw her clothes behind the bed, hid her shoes, I mean anything she could think of to push my buttons. Finally, I had enough and I said, "I'm leaving for work. Have a good day. You know where we keep the food." And I strolled out to get in my car (I promise I had no intention of leaving her alone LOL). I didn't realize she would take me so seriously. She ran after me, just in her underwear, no shoes...screaming and crying, "Mommy! Don't leave me!"...just this horrified look on her face...the most pitiful thing I've ever seen in my whole life. The upside is that she finally got dressed. The downside is that all the way to school she kept saying, "I don't want to go to school! I want to go to work with you!" And then she cried when I dropped her off. I'm a bad mom
No way! that does not make u a bad mom at all... My mother used to do that to me when I was little and Ill tell you what that fear I remembered and I stopped acting up... That is until I grew up and burned my house down and chopped my parents into little pieces...but hey, that had it coming!!
f0nzw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
fattyinseattle

fattyinseattle has said some nice things

LOL....I pretty much did the same thing with my 3 year old daughter once. And I also felt bad. Pretty much the same thing. Sarcasm is lost on infants for some reason.
fattyinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics

Seriously, not a bad mom move. My cousin tried this on her 3 year old daughter and the little girl said, "Okay, see you later." O.o
You successfully avoided that. lol
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, the number of times that our son was being a complete pain in the butt, dawdling, distracted, uncooperative...finally leading us to be pretty harsh.....and him waking up the next morning clearly sick, and we realized that the previous evening he was getting sick and that was why he was off his usual routine, and we'd basically grouched and snarked at a sick kid.....
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by viracocha View Post
Seriously, not a bad mom move. My cousin tried this on her 3 year old daughter and the little girl said, "Okay, see you later." O.o
You successfully avoided that. lol
The thing is, this was the reaction I was expecting and that's why I did it LOL. She has this great sense of humor and just like me, will be defiant until the very end. This is the same kid that has come up with gems like:

Peyton: Ow! Mom you hurt me!
Me: Well, one time you hurt me. The day you were born, they cut open my uterus and pulled you out.
Peyton: *laughs* That was fun. I remember that day.

AND the ever popular:

Hubby: Aren't you going to eat your mom's spaghetti? It's amazing.
Peyton: It's not amazing. It's acceptable.

So, you see? She's got a solid base of sarcasm and quick wit LOL. I didn't really think I could scare her LOLOLOL

I have to admit, she did get dressed quickly and without incident this morning.

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I think what you did was exactly right, in that situation, and knowing your daughter as you do. We have to do this on an infrequent basis with our 8 year old - with him it's more dawdling and being distracted then outright defiance, but I have been out the door and down the driveway before he has his shoes on - I leave a key in the lock and he knows he has to lock up and then catch up to me (I walk him to school). Usually that 'helps' for a few weeks, sometimes longer. Another tactic is to remind him of something that he wants to do when he gets to school - like play with a certain friend.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
The thing is, this was the reaction I was expecting and that's why I did it LOL. She has this great sense of humor and just like me, will be defiant until the very end. This is the same kid that has come up with gems like:

Peyton: Ow! Mom you hurt me!
Me: Well, one time you hurt me. The day you were born, they cut open my uterus and pulled you out.
Peyton: *laughs* That was fun. I remember that day.

AND the ever popular:

Hubby: Aren't you going to eat your mom's spaghetti? It's amazing.
Peyton: It's not amazing. It's acceptable.

So, you see? She's got a solid base of sarcasm and quick wit LOL. I didn't really think I could scare her LOLOLOL

I have to admit, she did get dressed quickly and without incident this morning.
Rofl, your daughter is pretty clever and hilarious. I am surprised that got her! It was an acceptable tactic.
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

When they're not listening to you, pull out the phoning Santa gambit. It does tend to focus their minds at this time of year. The day my niece finds out Santa isn't real is the day my life becomes more difficult.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You didn't know. So you can't really be blamed. But separation anxiety is a bitch in dogs, and can ruin a person's life. Time for a think, and a long talk.

Last edited by lovelocs; 11-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
lovelocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Hole

Hole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticed

You must be a loving mother to feel guilty for reacting to bratty behaviour. You weren't really going to leave her. Sometimes kids need to be shocked when they think they can get their way. Obviously nothing that falls under abuse. And you did nothing like that. Hell, one scary look from my mum at the supermarket and I knew not to mess with her.
Hole is offline   Reply With Quote