Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default How to make a Twinkie

As everyone undoubtedly knows by now, Hostess is out of business. If any of ya'll are going into Twinkie withdrawl, here's what you might have to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yeyy4mQoes

- Jim
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not really wanting a twinkie.. but I'd like to make some ding dongs, suzi-qs, or some ho-hos...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I think we should hold a wake for Hostess..only problem is what we would eat?? I know I will miss the occasional Twinkie, but I will go into serious withdrawl cuz I frozen ding dongs and ho hos. R.I.P. Hostess.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't think we need to rend clothes and sit shiva...yet. I read that the company is looking for buyers. Hopefully, the iconic snack will find a new home and the employees won't need to find a new job

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...tess-ceo-says/
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Even if the company itself is not bought up, I understand that all Hostess' recipes and the rights thereto are up for sale. You KNOW somebody's going to buy them...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...plans-on-hold/

It appears they may not be out of business after all...we'll see.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hostess is dead.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

All is not lost.

The State Department hired all the Twinkies, the Secret Service hired all the HoHos, the generals are sleeping with the Cupcakes and the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress.

- Jim
Old 11-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #9
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
While Hostess might be dead, the Twinkie may not be. Since Hostess is liquidating, any of the other snackfood companies can buy Hostess recipes. With the Twinkie being the Twinkie, its a good chance that they might get picked up.

I found out that Tasty-Kake Parent Company, Flower Foods, is looking to buy. Tasty-Kake almost went bankrupt last year, but Flower Foods bought them. And it seems Flower Foods is considering turning Tasty-Kake national (I know a lot, lot, LOT of people this would make happy.)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That's peculiar. Last time I was at the store, I saw a proprietary Hostess product display that was filled with TastyKake products.

Better them than some soulless venture capital firm.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #11
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Im going to miss twinkies so much maaaaan
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am not sure if I posted this before, but this was the Hostess section of my local BelAir supermarket the day after Hostess shut down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hostess.jpg (97.6 KB, 153 views)
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have said it before and will continue saying it....a ding dong is better than a twinkie any day

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hostess has 110 "suitors."
Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

I think my waistline is happier without the presence of Raspberry Zingers, but I will graciously nom them upon their triumphant return.
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #16
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Close enough....?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #17
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I've preferred Little Debbie over Hostess for years, due to cost. Being in the South helps, too. Of course, if I knew that I was supporting a union with my Hostess purchase, I might have bought their products more often.

Plus, Little Debbie doesn't make Zingers.
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Yes! I've been sampling other brands trying to find the best duplicate of the Hostess taste. Little Debbie has their own cake-style that is lighter and almost fairy cake density. I was anticipating the Cloud Cakes to be similar to the texture of say.. the Christmas Tree cakes.

I was wrong. The Cloud Cake IS a twinkie.

The Cocoa Creme, a Ding-Dong attempt, is not. See also Christmas Tree cakes.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
Deven
Wendigo

Hostess has sold off Drake's Cakes (Funny Bones and Yodles.)

And Hostess has picked a head bidder for Twinkies.

Quote:
Hostess has picked a lead bidder for its famous Twinkies.

The bankrupt company said late Wednesday that it has selected a joint offer from two investment firms, Dean Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management, as the lead bid for its Twinkies and other snack cakes.

Hostess says the two are offering to pay $410 million for the snack-cake business and five bakeries.

The "stalking horse" bid would set the floor for an auction process that lets competitors make better offers. A judge would have to approve any final sale.

After years of management turmoil and turnover, Hostess declared in November it was going out of business and selling its brands. The company already announced separate lead bidders for its other brands, including Drake's cakes and Wonder bread.

The offer sets the stage for the return of Twinkies and other Hostess cakes to supermarket shelves under new management, which could mean stepped up marketing for the spongy yellow cakes with mysterious cream filling. Although supermarkets saw a run on Twinkies when news hit in November that Hostess was going out of business, the company's sales had been declining amid changing tastes and a lack of investment in marketing.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I want a Ding Dong major bad.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
Deven
Wendigo

Rejoice, Twinkie fans!

Quote:
Twinkies and other Hostess snacks could be back on shelves by this summer after a successful $410 million bid for the business.
The winning bid is a joint venture by private equity firms Apollo Global Management (APO) and Metropoulos & Co. A statement from Dean Metropoulos, founder of one of the firms, confirmed they are the winning bidder.
"Our family is thrilled to have the opportunity to reestablish these iconic brands with new creative marketing ideas and renewed sales efforts and investment," said Metropoulos. "We look forward to having America's favorite snacks back on the shelf by this summer. We are also ecstatic to bring jobs back to many cities across the country."
The bankruptcy court had been set to have an auction among qualified bidders on Thursday, but Hostess notified the court late Monday that no other qualified bids had been submitted. That means the $410 million bid wins by default with no further approval of the court being required.
Related: An unlikely Twinkies savior
Anthony Michael Sabino, a business school professor at St. John's University, said the lack of other bidders is no surprise, given the $410 million bid that needed to be topped.
"While the Bankruptcy Code seeks competitive bidding to increase recoveries to creditors, the law can't invent bidders," he said. "The good news is a significant amount of money to pay Hostess' creditors. The great news, Twinkies have been saved!"
Hostess had no comment on the deal beyond the filing.

Wonder Bread, Twinkies and other Hostess products have not been produced since November, when the company filed with the bankruptcy court to liquidate its business following a crippling strike by the Bakery Workers union.
But while Hostess is out of business, and most of its 18,500 employees have lost their jobs, the company has been auctioning off its various brands as part of the liquidation process.
Metropoulos has experience turning around financially troubled food brands. The firm's food holdings include Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, and in the past have included Chef Boyardee canned pasta, Bumble Bee seafood, PAM cooking spray and Gulden's Mustard, all of which it eventually sold to ConAgra Foods Inc (CAG, Fortune 500)
Old 07-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #22
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Default They're back!

Twinkies are back. Our local Wallyworld has them in stock.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Twinkies are back. Our local Wallyworld has them in stock.

QFT- though I still prefer the hostess cupcakes myself

Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I haven't seen any yet. I'll do anything for a Ding Dong.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #25
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I haven't seen any yet. I'll do anything for a Ding Dong.

You're sounding like me now