Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Turkey Ice Cream?

Turkey cake? What do YOU do with leftover turkey? Rep will be awarded for ingenuity.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know if this is common to do ..but we mix it with cream of mushroom soup and pour it over toast. It's actually pretty yummy
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I make Leftover Casserole. I generally don't use recipes unless I am baking desserts, especially for this casserole since I have been making it for almost thirty years. I cut up or tear apart the leftover turkey and put it in the bottom of glass baking dish. I cover the turkey with cream soup (cream of broccoli cheddar is my current favorite) and then layer left over corn on top of the turkey and soup mixture. I add some stock to the left over stuffing to make it really moist (almost mushy) and layer that on top of the turkey/soup/corn mixture. Bake in the oven at 375F for about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the pan. Garnish with leftover cranberry sauce and nom. My husband loves this dish and we rarely have any leftovers by the end of Black Friday.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Pandasaur

Pandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 club

I actually had a pretty good sample of leftovers at a grocery store yesterday. They took the turkey left overs and made it into a turkey and dumplings soup. So good and easy to make. They used some tomatillo sauce, whipping cream, chicken broth and biscuit dough.

I haven't made it yet but will try making it next week
Pandasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default two step:

1st) Slice off the rest of the white-meat for sandwiches w/ stuffing, cranberry, mayo, & red onion for however long that might last. 2nd) When ready for another Turkey Dinner (2-3 days past Thanksgiving), cut the remains of everything else (including remaining sandwich meat) into chunks for a large pot-pie with a fresh-baked crust. Go out & buy moar Turkey (breast or loin) if necessary.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandasaur View Post
I actually had a pretty good sample of leftovers at a grocery store yesterday. They took the turkey left overs and made it into a turkey and dumplings soup. So good and easy to make. They used some tomatillo sauce, whipping cream, chicken broth and biscuit dough.

I haven't made it yet but will try making it next week
Tomatillo sauce turkey and dumpling sample? Sounds like an HEB trip.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I cut it into smallish pieces and mix it with mayo with a pinch of curry powder, some chopped pecans or walnuts, chopped granny smith apples, chopped celery, maybe some raisins and eat it on a roll, naan, pita or bialy. Sometimes with veggie crackers.

We also have cream of mushroom soup as mentioned above, and we'll make hot sandwiches with thinly sliced turkey and top it with the soup like a gravy or serve it on hot mashed potatoes.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Pandasaur

Pandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Tomatillo sauce turkey and dumpling sample? Sounds like an HEB trip.
It was!!!! Im going to try and make it this week, so excited >.<
Pandasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandasaur View Post
It was!!!! Im going to try and make it this week, so excited >.<
I thought it sounded like something they would make there for a sample. They have some really good dishes at their kitchen inside. We usually make quite a few of their recipes. Just tonight we had their Ranch soup kit that they were sampling yesterday. If you like a lot of veggies and a southwestern taste and creamy cheese sauce, you'll like this soup!