Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default 'Too much is just barely enough'

That is how I was feeling all weekend, that too much was just barely enough. In some ways it wasn't just about food (I also stayed up too late reading and playing on the computer a couple of different nights, not going to sleep until I couldn't stay awake), but it was most obvious to me with food. I was eating entirely reasonable meals, then turning around and having the equivalent of another small meal because if I didn't feel overly full, it just wasn't right.

No idea why I end up in those moods at time, but they do come around occasionally. Right now I'm wondering if it is a reaction to the short, dim, days?

Anyone else get similar feelings?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

I do Tad. There is something about the shorter days and longer darkness where I really feel like eating to excess and can't seem to be fully satisfied. Almost like a bear building fat in order to hibernate for the winter. I really think there is something about the changing seasons and we humans are not that far removed from the animal kingdom where eating and building fat for survival seems perfectly natural.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
bbwfairygirl

bbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFA View Post
I do Tad. There is something about the shorter days and longer darkness where I really feel like eating to excess and can't seem to be fully satisfied. Almost like a bear building fat in order to hibernate for the winter. I really think there is something about the changing seasons and we humans are not that far removed from the animal kingdom where eating and building fat for survival seems perfectly natural.
I am that way as well during the winter months. I find I want more comfort foods as well. Higher fat/carb warm foods. Just get a good book to go with and I'm set.

And I would wholly agree about us not being that far removed from the animal kingdom.
bbwfairygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I also eat more during the winter months. I think part of it is the holidays and part of it is that my state gets real winters, so it's a biological thing.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Same here ... it's freezing right now .... and I need three hot meals plus a sweet snack a day to feel halfway normal ..... pants are all getting too small....

Now out to shovel snow as exercise!
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote