Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Share snacks, food, your current eating endeavors. Let's talk food. I like food.

Inspired by recent discussions of eggnog, cakes, crepes, and slurries of unidentifiable matter, I am curious as to what you are snacking on.

Basically I would like to use this thread to steal food ideas.

I will start! I have just finished eating a plate of Carmelitas. I have no idea if that's a real name or not, but I got the recipe from here:
http://www.bakerita.com/carmelitas/

They are super tasty. If you love yourself, you will make some.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

I wanted to make a candy cane cheesecake, I make an awesome cheesecake.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi_Hime-Sama View Post
I wanted to make a candy cane cheesecake, I make an awesome cheesecake.
I can't say I have ever had a candy cane cheesecake. Is it mint flavored and colored to look like candy cane or does it actually have candy cane candy in it?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
Shinobi_Hime-Sama

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

I was going to crush those mini candy canes into the mix and bake it that way, don't know if it will work but that's what a good cook does right? Experiment.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi_Hime-Sama View Post
I was going to crush those mini candy canes into the mix and bake it that way, don't know if it will work but that's what a good cook does right? Experiment.
Sounds like a plan to me. You should make one and post pics!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Shinobi_Hime-Sama

I will.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
BLK360

BLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I feel all low brow. But lately I've just been craving good homemade fries, and the world's most racist condiment, Samurai sauce. I like the Belgian version of it, as well as the tweaked version my bistro uses. (By tweaked, I mean they blend mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce, so fancy, lawl.)
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK360 View Post
I feel all low brow. But lately I've just been craving good homemade fries, and the world's most racist condiment, Samurai sauce. I like the Belgian version of it, as well as the tweaked version my bistro uses. (By tweaked, I mean they blend mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce, so fancy, lawl.)
I've never heard of samurai sauce. Elaborate? I ate fries with gravy the other day. yesyesyesyesyes
~KawaiiFFA~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I've been cooking like crazy lately. Pecan sticky buns, chicken casserole, pecan tassies, candy cane snowballs, M&M cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies....I love making baked goods.

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
Librarygirl

Librarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile

Things I have been enjoying of late...

For those in the UK, M&S are doing a wonderful orange hot chocolate in cafe revive - closest thing I've had to the old Starbucks Mocha Valencia I last enjoyed in Hong Kong.

Chocolate cream in Starbucks (they seem to offer it to regulars on any drink you like in my local).

Otherwise...Turkish delight (as ever..), speculoos spread in sandwiches (like the biscuits, but crunchy spread!), chicken ciabatta with BBQ sauce and cheese (surprisingly good idea from the village pub), tinned mandarins (so much better than fresh fruit, lol!). And I've re-discovered fruit sherberts, thanks to a gorgeous reader who has been encouraging me to break my Reading Room rules and eat sweets. The purple and red ones are the best! And I can't resist him either!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

cake...beetroot chocolate cake, Christmas cake YUM ! And i am so hungry today and i am really craving some southern fried chicken. im about 130lb no matter what i eat but have tried to pig out a bit because my sticky out ribs worried my man somewhat. i will look tiny next to him i will estimate that he is 300lb. tomorrow for sure im having fast food, and Sunday im cooking braised lamb shanks. Meat, cake And chocolate are my essentials.
sarahe543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

ooh librarygirl...someone tasty in the library ???
sarahe543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We got our first box of chocolates for the holidays here at work.

My first pick was the Pink Himalayas Salted Chocolate Carmel. It was heavenly!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
Librarygirl

Librarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahe543 View Post
ooh librarygirl...someone tasty in the library ???
Sadly he flew home to Spain today, but for the sake of me behaving sensibly and getting any work done, it may be as well, lol! Sigh..... Happy times...
Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

My mother made a batch of welsh cakes yesterday...truly the food of the gods and the greatest accompaniment to a cup of tea ever invented.

Shall be cooking tomorrow with my niece...it's time for pizza madness. Time to load it with meats and cheeses.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

King prawns, mussels and a creamy chili corriander sauce, sticky rice = happy Aiden. I'm not gonna lie as of late my cooking skill has been up there with the best. All meals for one though,(sympathy vote) but at least they have all been tasty as feck.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
bobduhh

bobduhh has said some nice things

I just got done with a pot of cooked cabbage,onions, and mushrooms drowning in Tillamook sharp cheddar. MMM
Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bought the ingredients for 4 new Christmas cookie recipes to try out this year:

- Orange butter cookies with white chocolate champagne filling

- Almond shortbread stuffed with poppy seed & rum raisins

- Pate brisée rolled up with a filling of caramelized walnuts & cherries

- Oatmeal crunchies with dark chocolate & cranberries

It's always interesting to see which one makes it onto the list of 'must bake again' or turns into a standard....
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post

Omg I'm damp. WANT.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

WELSHCAKES! *goes into a taste coma*
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Purdy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
Omg I'm damp. WANT.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
WELSHCAKES! *goes into a taste coma*
They're so moreish I'm sure they've secretly been laced with crack.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #23
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post

That sounds so fucking good
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #24
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

I'm eating 86% Cacao Intense Dark Chocolate.

I also Googled Welsh Cakes and now I really want to try some.
~KawaiiFFA~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #25
MrBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KawaiiFFA~ View Post
I'm eating 86% Cacao Intense Dark Chocolate.

I also Googled Welsh Cakes and now I really want to try some.
They are utterly awesome. And easy to make, too. You just need flour, butter, currants and sugar....and a flat griddle pan to cook them on.

As for dark chocolate, I've been enjoying Lindt Excellence 90% lately...probably the most intense chocolate hit I've ever had...and surprisingly a health food, which kind of takes the fun out of it.