Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default FA Myhts Thread #17

"FAs date big people to avoid sex/have a non sexual relationship."

For me, this is taking the whole belief that all we care about is personality myth to a ridiculously high level. They project what they think is a similar view on attractiveness.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Nordiques

Nordiques can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNordiques can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It really just highlights the lengths that people will go to avoid viewpoints different from their own. They let their ideas shape their experiences, rather than letting their experiences shape their ideas. A similar myth is the "hiding homosexuality" one and it's just as off-base. Physical attraction is very individualized, and yet people want to apply a general standard of "everyone should like what I like." The same people probably would then complain about having too much competition!
Nordiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

there can be a lot of creativity and tenderness and mutual respect required for sex with larger bodies. Too much thinking for the wham bam mainstream mentality.
sarahe543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I suspect that this is a myth which could occasionally be true. Some people with very low to no interest in sex may tend to end up with partners who will settle for an emotionally loving relationship, even if it doesn't have much of a sexual component....and sometimes the people willing to settle will be fat people.

I'm not saying that this is the case with most couples where one partner is fat, or that when one partner has little interest in sex they'll always end up with a fat partner, but I'm sure you can find cases of this.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I suspect that this is a myth which could occasionally be true. Some people with very low to no interest in sex may tend to end up with partners who will settle for an emotionally loving relationship, even if it doesn't have much of a sexual component....and sometimes the people willing to settle will be fat people.
...which is not to be confused with an FA that has a very low sex drive but, generally speaking, likes to have that occasional bit of naked time with a fat person.

The layers of it all.
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwlibrarian View Post
...which is not to be confused with an FA that has a very low sex drive but, generally speaking, likes to have that occasional bit of naked time with a fat person.

The layers of it all.
For sure. All relationships are unique to the people involved, so categories and stereotypes always break down as you approach the individual level.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
For sure. All relationships are unique to the people involved, so categories and stereotypes always break down as you approach the individual level.
Wise post.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"FAs date big people to avoid sex/have a non sexual relationship." ---- That one I've never heard. And I'd say that if there are folks who feel that way, they cannot possibly be FAs.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #9
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
"FAs date big people to avoid sex/have a non sexual relationship." ---- That one I've never heard. And I'd say that if there are folks who feel that way, they cannot possibly be FAs.
You've said it : so true.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #10
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahe543 View Post
there can be a lot of creativity and tenderness and mutual respect required for sex with larger bodies. Too much thinking for the wham bam mainstream mentality.
This can be very true - again, not across the board of course, but I think you make a brilliant observation.

This myth in general is one that I've encountered in the minds of non-FAs before and it's one of the few that actually make me a bit angry. Most others I just shrug off, but I really don't like the totally patronising message this sends to larger people and their partners.

As Tad said, there are sure to be cases of this, but it shouldn't just be assumed across the board.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
Artemisia

Artemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot pics

The myth seems to be from a very non-FA perspective: people who just 'don't get' how others can find fat bodies sexy, so they assume that anyone dating a fat person must must be doing so for non-sexual reasons.

Another instance of the fatphobic perspective projecting itself onto everyone and everything else. It doesn't help that it's constantly reinforced by a fatphobic culture and media.