Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default British People Problems

Here is the link

I can certainly identify to some of those.

How about the rest of you?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
I'm Not Zoidberg

I'm Not Zoidberg can now change their title

As an American, I love #2.

I've long observed that many Brits can commit third degree aggravated assault by purely verbal means. We Yanks - unaccustomed as we are to such clever and deadly applications of the English language - are utterly dumbfounded by those attacks, and are only able to respond with a spluttering "Oh yeah? Well...well...Well, FUCK YOU!"
I'm Not Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A lot of those complaints just seem like flat-out social dysfunctions to me.

"Bein' assertive ain't no crahm." --AMURRICA
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Where was "I was too busy trying to colonize the galaxy to brush my teeth"?
Cobra Verde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
Where was "I was too busy trying to colonize the galaxy to brush my teeth"?
I think you misunderstand the concept of "problem".
Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Here is the link

I can certainly identify to some of those.

How about the rest of you?
This is great. (See what I did there?) Thanks for posting. I owe you rep.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Zoidberg View Post
As an American, I love #2.

I've long observed that many Brits can commit third degree aggravated assault by purely verbal means. We Yanks - unaccustomed as we are to such clever and deadly applications of the English language - are utterly dumbfounded by those attacks, and are only able to respond with a spluttering "Oh yeah? Well...well...Well, FUCK YOU!"
When in trouble ask if they speak German. When they answer in the negative say, "You're welcome". Works every time, even though it's not totally accurate.

I think the biggest problem with US comedy is that all our jokes have the same punchline:

Last edited by Cobra Verde; 12-18-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

#13 Cracks me up. Quite a Canadian problem as well.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Question

Re: #9

Maybe it's just me but it seems like if there's one (nice) thing Brits say about Americans it's how unusually polite we are...which is exactly what we say about the British.

Whatsupwiththat?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Haha, these are brilliant!

Dammit, who takes the last biscuit? That's awful! And the worst thing about it is that I'm so British I would just sit there and hand it to them politely instead of voicing my inner outrage!

I've done that with the bus as well! Accidentally rang the bell and not wanted to draw attention to myself or cause disruption to the driver and got off about a mile from my house! At least it isn't just me who is as clumsy as hell on buses!

True with the tea as well! We actually gave up with all our variations of tea and put the left over bags into the lucky dip tea box so we never know what is going to happen! I try and go for normal tea but last time I ended up with Lady Grey!

I used to go to a hairdresser that was a friend of my mum's and she used to cut my hair not only uneven but put layers in it every single time despite me telling her that I didn't want layers in it. And she once chopped off half my eyebrow by mistake. I still never got the balls to tell her she was awful and it was several years later that I went to a new hairdresser!

I also say 'on accident' all the time! And I agree that if you put sugar in tea there is something seriously wrong with you!! Tea is perfect as it is, why ruin it like that?

Oh my gosh, pretending to browse products I don't want until some nice old lady gets out of the way of the reduced priced cakes... so much time wasted that way. And I apologise when I don't have a lighter for someone coz I don't smoke!

Oooh, having to help yourself to other people's food... yeah, I'd starve to death!

Wow, this was a mega post, sorry, didn't realise I had quite that much to say!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
Re: #9

Maybe it's just me but it seems like if there's one (nice) thing Brits say about Americans it's how unusually polite we are...which is exactly what we say about the British.

Whatsupwiththat?
The difference is you guys are being polite. We're merely discretely violating you with verbosity whilst leaving you totally unaware as to our true intent. We are masters of subtext.

And, yes I recognise myself in nearly all of those statements.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

My whisky buying mishap today was an interesting case in point. I ended up spending 30 on the bottle which was nearly double what I wanted to spend. I could have said 'Sorry, there's been a mistake!' and swapped it for a cheaper bottle...but no, I smiled, paid for it and had an internal monologue which was part Basil Fawlty/part epic profanity all the way home as I raged to myself.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Most of these sound like Canadian problems, too.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

I'm American, but a lot of these sound like me (number 16, oh my God,) because I have a habit of being excruciatingly polite. (Well, unless I'm in a particularly abominable mood.) People always yell at me to stop apologizing constantly. It's always: "Stop saying sorry!" "I'M SORRY!"

Also, I say "On accident." I didn't realize that was a British thing.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was walking with a Canadian yesterday and some guy burst out of a shop and almost hit is with the door, said Canadian in my company responded with "sorry!"
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I was walking with a Canadian yesterday and some guy burst out of a shop and almost hit is with the door, said Canadian in my company responded with "sorry!"
Yeah. She was sorry for being in the way.

He should have also said "sorry" for not paying attention when opening the door, then they both would have smiled awkwardly, looked at the ground and walked away. What don't you Americans understand about this?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Exactly!

I might have turned around after when I realized they were in the wrong and flipped them the bird. I think that's a hockey thing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Yeah. She was sorry for being in the way.

He should have also said "sorry" for not paying attention when opening the door, then they both would have smiled awkwardly, looked at the ground and walked away. What don't you Americans understand about this?
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
#13 Cracks me up. Quite a Canadian problem as well.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Most of these sound like Canadian problems, too.

Agreed.

#21- I've done this, got up and left since they seemed too busy...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #19
oliver141180

oliver141180 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesoliver141180 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

3, 4, 7, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19 and 21 are all ones I've done. I'll get my coat

The marmite one at #8 is awesome! If that happened to me, it'd be going on the list too!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
MrBob

There's now a twitter feed with ever more British problems...jesus, our national pysche needs to collectively have a word with itself.

https://twitter.com/SoVeryBritish
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #21
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I must be secretly British. This poor Canadian has almost all of these problems. Including the tea topic ones. Lol.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
warwagon86
All Over The World

warwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticed

hahahaa this is great
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #23
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
The difference is you guys are being polite. We're merely discretely violating you with verbosity whilst leaving you totally unaware as to our true intent. We are masters of subtext.
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Arrow

Hey, wait a second.....
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #25
MrBob

See, exactly.