Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up Who wants to help me avoid jury duty?

I'm not due in until March 28th, but I want to get an early jump on my strategy since I'll only have 1 shot to sabotage my chances.

Regarding the obvious: I don't have a forceful enough personality to feign white-supremacist beliefs and/or insanity. Worse, I'd probably end up giggling half-way through explaining why The Jews destroyed Jolt Cola and they'd know I was faking.

I'm thinking of taking a low-key approach and trying to appear slow and hard of hearing. Ask for everything to be repeated at least twice and stare off into space when I'm supposed to speak and the like.
Of course, the risk is that'll I'll be too subtle and not clearly be a worse enough option than the other mouth-breathers that are sure to be in my group.

Any suggestions or tips that have worked for you personally?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
BLK360

BLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I can always pose as Jewish and back up your claims of anti-Semitic hatred. But you run the risk of being accused of hate crimes.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Or you could just do jury duty.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Show up obviously drunk and tell them that you have an alcohol problem (only if asked).

They won't want you.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Read up on "jury nullification" and start talking about that during the screening.
State that you're opposed to the death penalty.

Or, as Sasquatch noted, you could actually just do it. Remember, every American has the right to trial by a jury of twelve people who weren't smart enough to evade jury duty. [/SNARK]
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

First, let me state the obvious: It's your civil duty.

Now that we got that out of the way, I told the truth. I'd (and a family member or four) had a few run-ins with some really dirty cops (they were neighbors and violent abusive drunks) and I couldn't believe any law enforcement's word as testimony in a court of law. Not only was I excused, but I was nearly physically thrown out of the courtroom. True story.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #7
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've been called up for jury duty twice and have been on three juries. I enjoyed it. We get paid a somewhat decent amount for it here, and I ended up getting more for doing my duty than for going to work.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't know the system down there, but up here we get to know a bit about the trial going in to it. If it sounds like something short and simple, why not just take your chances and get it out of the way--you'll then be safe for ages.

The one time I got called up, it was for a nightmare of a trial (domestic murder, and everyone involved would need interpreters, so it was going to take ages), and to my incredible relief the judge let me off on grounds of economic compassion--jury duty pays about enough to buy you lunch and pay parking, my company only covered three days of jury duty, and I was the sole earner in the household at the time. But he didn't have to let me out on those grounds, I got lucky.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The simplest & surest solution:

1. Make eye contact with & smile at both the prosecution & defense attorney. Even better if one sees you smiling at the other.

I don't know why people always think they have to overdo it if they wanna get out of jury duty. I actually WANTED to go through with it the ONE time I got called in, & they excused me because I guess it was obvious that I was the happiest-looking person in the courtroom.

Or it could've been that I showed up wearing a black leather corset, fuck if I know.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Just go to law school or have relatives who are law enforcement. You'll get removed during selection (most likely by the prosecution for the former and the defense by the latter).
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #11
f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized rep

here's a good tip...throw the letter in the garbage...thats what I do with them
f0nzw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #12
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #13
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Of you could just do it. It's like once every 3 years. We're so lazy in the country.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up

So I'd decided to pool your tips and get drunk, put on a leather corset and phone in a bomb threat (someone suggested that last one, no?) until I noticed on the card that you can postpone your date for up to a year which I've since done seeing as I might be dead or living elsewhere by then.
So in a sense I kind of wasted everyone's time because I was too lazy to read the instructions, but in another more charitable sense I think we've all learned a lot about ourselves fron this experience.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wear the black corset anyway. Post pics, please.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0nzw0rth View Post
here's a good tip...throw the letter in the garbage...thats what I do with them
I don't know about where you are, but this runs the risk of a contempt of court charge here.... and that's a serious criminal penalty.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
I don't know about where you are, but this runs the risk of a contempt of court charge here.... and that's a serious criminal penalty.
In my city they are not sent as certified mail, so they can't prove you received it so if you are so inclined you can just throw it away and ignore it.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Im in New York City and they are sent regular old snail mail...no proof I ever received anything...Ill go when I have to sign for it

Until then
f0nzw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #19
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

In my area the sheriff knocks on your door to pay a visit (unless he's standing in line behind you at the deli, in which case he'll ask you why you didn't call Sylvia with your excuse and how's your dad and he'll also take a pound of Land O'Lakes yellow American, thanks.)

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #20
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here you get two letters - one is more or less a reminder closer to the date - and if you haven't been able to submit a reasonable excuse and had it accepted, you need to turn up on the day. You can try lodging another excuse when you're there, but if that fails, you have to stick around to see if you'll be picked or not. If you don't turn up, I believe you can be fined. Our picking process is different from what they do in the US, I believe, as they put all the info cards into a little barrel, spin it, and pull them out one by one. No one knows if their name will get called or not.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I try to avoid jury duty at all costs. Yes, I know it's my civic duty, but not JUST mine, everyones!! Why do I get the card EVERY year for the last 20 years when others have never been called? In this age of computers they really should be able to keep track of those who've been asked to serve before. I had to actually go last time and it was a logistical nightmare for me. And I can guarantee you that three years to the date of that "civic duty" I will get a card that it's time to serve again. Meanwhile, others will say "Oh, I've never had to go".. grrr...
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
vinarian
Crazy Person

vinarian can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesvinarian can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm 32 now, and never been called, though I always wanted to do it once, not the least because I hate stupid people and would love the chance to have their fate in my hands (evil laugh)
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #23
PandaGeek

PandaGeek can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPandaGeek can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Show up in renaissance garb, dressed like a noble, and ask to be called Lord Duckswallow of Raxacoricofallapatorius.
PandaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Except this fucking lunatic was picked as an alternate juror in a criminal trial back in the mid-90s:

THE MATTER HAS BEEN RESOLVED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Wear the black corset anyway. Post pics, please.
This, however, is still under consideration.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

Well maybe I'm just a civic duty shirker but I found the best way to avoid ever being called is to never register to vote. That way they can't find you even if they wanted to. Of course I'm in the 60% of my age group who don't vote anyway, Canada has so many elections in such short time intervals that I just get bored of it.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote