Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #26
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaGeek View Post
Show up in renaissance garb, dressed like a noble, and ask to be called Lord Duckswallow of Raxacoricofallapatorius.
In order to claim this you have to fart a lot, though.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #27
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I only ever once got a jury duty letter and it was for someone else who had once lived at that address.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #28
Miskatonic
Advanced Killbot

Miskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
I'm not due in until March 28th, but I want to get an early jump on my strategy since I'll only have 1 shot to sabotage my chances.

Regarding the obvious: I don't have a forceful enough personality to feign white-supremacist beliefs and/or insanity. Worse, I'd probably end up giggling half-way through explaining why The Jews destroyed Jolt Cola and they'd know I was faking.

I'm thinking of taking a low-key approach and trying to appear slow and hard of hearing. Ask for everything to be repeated at least twice and stare off into space when I'm supposed to speak and the like.
Of course, the risk is that'll I'll be too subtle and not clearly be a worse enough option than the other mouth-breathers that are sure to be in my group.

Any suggestions or tips that have worked for you personally?
The easiest way to avoid jury duty is to be a naturally deplorable person and just let that fact shine during selection.
Miskatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #29
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
In order to claim this you have to fart a lot, though.
Go on...
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi_Hime-Sama View Post
Well maybe I'm just a civic duty shirker but I found the best way to avoid ever being called is to never register to vote. That way they can't find you even if they wanted to. Of course I'm in the 60% of my age group who don't vote anyway, Canada has so many elections in such short time intervals that I just get bored of it.
Curious - there's no connection in Canada between voter's lists and court lists (it's illegal to use the voter's list for anything but elections).

I understand they actually use municipal taxpayer's lists and census records to call prospective jurors.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #31
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

They don't use voter registries for jury duty call-ups. That's a myth.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #32
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

I have no idea where I heard that but I thought it was true for the longest time. My parents have never been called for it and neither have I.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #33
likeitmatters
happiness as finally come

likeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 club
Default jury trial

here is the charleston south carolina area they do not pay for you to be on a jury and I simply tell them sorry, you can take the jury notification and stick it up your arse cause I do not work for free and then I point out, go to the unemployment office or people who are on disability and pull from them. some of us work for a living and I have no time to convict somebody of whatever they are doing wrong.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #34
CaAggieGirl
If you only knew

CaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitmatters View Post
here is the charleston south carolina area they do not pay for you to be on a jury and I simply tell them sorry, you can take the jury notification and stick it up your arse cause I do not work for free and then I point out, go to the unemployment office or people who are on disability and pull from them. some of us work for a living and I have no time to convict somebody of whatever they are doing wrong.
YES!!! There are so many people who are unemployed, homeless, etc. why not give them the $8/day and leave those who are working alone.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #35
likeitmatters
happiness as finally come

likeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 club
Default here in charleston area

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAggieGirl View Post
YES!!! There are so many people who are unemployed, homeless, etc. why not give them the $8/day and leave those who are working alone.

you do not get paid to be on a jury and in otherwords, you are working for free and I told them forget you. I aint bothering and I further tell them, if you pick me I would scream rant and rave and bring crazy to the next level.

they dont bother me.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #36
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAggieGirl View Post
Because people generally don't want their fate decided by a panel of dirty old men with track marks on their eyeballs.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #37
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Compared to what some races can expect from the justice system in this country that might actually be an improvement...
Old 03-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #38
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got my doctor to write me a note. I told her (honestly) that I was worried they would not have seating that would accommodate my size comfortably for eight hours. I told her at work that I have a chair that was custom-made for me, and that's the only reason I can make it through 8 hours there. If I'm in a too-small chair, I have to sit on the edge of the seat, and all my weight is put on my knees - bad news for someone with knee issues.

If you're larger and seating could be an issue, it may be something worth talking over with your doctor.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote