Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #26
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
You say porker as if it were a bad thing

In all seriousness, who out there hasn't broken a toilet seat in their lifetime. It is indeed poor quality as are those cheapo white resin chairs and most metal chairs. The designers are not engineers and don't understand how stress works on a product. The are just going for form, not quality.
As for the toilets, how can heavy porcelain shatter even if someone is over 500 pounds. Again, inferior craftsmenship.

**Here is a tip on the bed frame dilemma. I have a king size bed and the metal frame kept falling apart when the box springs were side to side from the head to foot of the bed. We rectified that situation by placing the box springs (there are two in most king beds) parallel to the head or foot of the bed. that way the middle of the bed gets some support.
I've never broken a toilet seat (knock porcelain) but I've worn down the...doodads (supports) under the seat on the one at home pretty well. Of course, I think it's been there for about 30 years.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #27
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
In all seriousness, who out there hasn't broken a toilet seat in their lifetime. It is indeed poor quality as are those cheapo white resin chairs and most metal chairs. The designers are not engineers and don't understand how stress works on a product.
Not I, knock on wood (ow, my head!). Speaking of engineers, my hubby glued extra support feet under our toilet seats to distribute the stress, and I have yet to break it.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #28
Echoes

Echoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot pics

I've had good luck so far. *knock on wood* The only chair I've broken is my aunt's computer chair, but in my defense... she leaves it way up in the air, so when I go to sit in it, I literally have to jump up on it and then lower it. I tried to lower it before sitting in it, but it's damn near impossible.

I have this friend who's about 135 pounds or so and he breaks chairs all the time. He says he must be dark matter. We always joke around about one day going into a restaurant and him breaking the chair and everybody being like wtf.
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #29
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in
Default me too

I made one of those large cafeteria tables in school collapse BUT it wasn't put together right BUT it was in front of my crush. Everybody laughed at that one. Two office chairs, one the wheels and the other one the arm rests. One bedframe, BUT I was preg at the time. Two toilet seats, one cracked then pinched me on the cheek *youch!!* My current seat is holding up but the cover to the seat broke off. If anybody knows the brand of a real good toilet seat, let me know. Thanks!
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #30
tjw1971

tjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Agreed....

QUOTE=TheSadeianLinguist]I suspect it's inferior quality in a lot of products myself, Mikey. When I weighed under 100, I think I broke a grand total of four toilet seats, two of them not in the house. The second time it happened at home, my mother accused me of standing on the seat. Cracked almost in the middle. I think women are just more sensitive to this type of event, regardless of weight. Whether you're in the mid 90s or weigh a little over 500, nothing makes you feel like a porker than snapping a seat.[/QUOTE]

Many of the products out there really are total garbage. A good friend of mine just paid over $800 for what looked like a really nice bedroom set on a web site. (The dresser, nightstand, end tables and bed appeared to all have a chrome finish.) When it arrived, it turned out the whole thing was spray-painted particle board, and the bed itself had a thin coating of chrome-like substance that started flaking off as soon as it was taken out of the box!

Everyone I know has broken at least one of those white plastic resin chairs, because if you lean back in one at all, the legs are guaranteed to snap off.

On the other hand, you occasionally find the opposite too. I recall seeing some very sexy pics a gal took one time where she was perched up on her ironing board. Everyone who saw it thought the photos were great, but their next comment was always along the lines of "Wow! That is sure a strong ironing board!"
tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #31
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have a faulty chair where I work that constantly slips its moorings and tilts all the way back without warning. With the way I'm constantly having pratfalls in it, anyone breaking a chair nearby feels right at home.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #32
chocolate desire

chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I myself have broken quiet a few chairs here are 3 of the worst accidents that will be with me forever...
When I was 200 pounds lighter I started work through a temp co at a packing plant... in the break room they had the fold up chairs.. at first break I kept standing but by lunch I was more than ready to sit down and as soon as my hind end hit the seat sure enough it let go and there I was on the floor.Being a woman of great selfestem about my size I made a joke about using my first pay to buy a sturdy chair..
At my currant weight as many of you know I moved to Tennessee several months back. While there I stayed at my 82 year old uncles.. The bed I slept was fairly new maybe 2 years old but never used much except holidays .. 2 nights into my stay I roll over and that dreaded sound came. I was sure it woke everyone up... Being so ashamed I cried when telling my uncle who was sweet and said that ole thing don't worry about it.. Well 4 weeks later on one of my night trips to the potty at 4 am I sit down and low and behold I don't know what happen but water went everywhere. Now my family has never ever said one word about my size. But I could read it on my uncle face..Still not saying a word he comes home the next day with a potty chair for a invalid.It was at that time I knew Diet was no longer a dirty 4 letter word..
Old 07-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #33
Echoes

Echoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot pics

Heh, I totally forgot about this one. One time I was over at a friend's house. I must've been around 13 years old or so. I was still quite large, probably a size 26 or so. She was probably about a size 16. Well, they had a swing under their carport that was attached to the ceiling on the very edge of the house where the concrete met the yard and then there was a bit of a hill. Her mother had made some brownies and we grabbed a couple and then decided to go outside to get away from her older brother and his friend. She sat down in the swing and I was hesistant, but she insisted I sit down as well. I asked if it would hold both of us and she said, "of course!"

So, I sit down cautiously and nothing happens for a few seconds. Just as I began breathing easy, snap! Down we went. We tipped over backwards and did some sort of backflip (last time I ever managed that feat) and rolled down the hill. When we gathered ourselves, we looked up to see her family all out on the carport giggling, her brother and his friend especially. He made a big show of guffawing and then pointed at my friend and was like, "Oh my god, you still have your brownie in your hand?!" I looked over and she had indeed during the entire ordeal of falling, doing a backflip and rolling down a hill managed to hang on to her brownie.
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #34
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes
He made a big show of guffawing and then pointed at my friend and was like, "Oh my god, you still have your brownie in your hand?!" I looked over and she had indeed during the entire ordeal of falling, doing a backflip and rolling down a hill managed to hang on to her brownie.
Goes to show. A necessary lesson was learned. "Hang On to Your Brownie" (good possible song title too.)
Old 07-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #35
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Chair breakers RAWK!!!!

Man, while chair breaking is HOT if you're an FA, they gotta start making stronger furniture and fixtures for those of you of bigger rumps and stuff.
It must be super annoying, to say the least.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #36
comngetmeFA

comngetmeFA has said some nice things

Prob. 2-3 years ago, i was in the kitchen sitting in this chair with thin, metal-like legs and a wooden seat. This chair was used for sitting in front of the computer, which was on the counter in the kitchen But anyway, the chair had been sort of weak anyway from people--including myself--leaning back on its back legs. This time, however, i wasn't doing that all--just sitting in it regularly, and all of sudden, it just gave out under me. I fell really hard onto the broken metal legs of the chair, which then stabbed me in one of my big soft cheeks ! It really hurt. I mean, really hurt. I still have a small scar on my ass to this day...
comngetmeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #37
Santaclear
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by comngetmeFA
Prob. 2-3 years ago, i was in the kitchen sitting in this chair with thin, metal-like legs and a wooden seat. This chair was used for sitting in front of the computer, which was on the counter in the kitchen But anyway, the chair had been sort of weak anyway from people--including myself--leaning back on its back legs. This time, however, i wasn't doing that all--just sitting in it regularly, and all of sudden, it just gave out under me. I fell really hard onto the broken metal legs of the chair, which then stabbed me in one of my big soft cheeks ! It really hurt. I mean, really hurt. I still have a small scar on my ass to this day...
God, that sounds awful!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #38
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Y'all, it's been a deep-seated fear that I'll one day break a toilet. It's yet to happen, but I always freak out when one wobbles. I think I'm more scared than ever!
Old 07-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #39
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl
Y'all, it's been a deep-seated fear that I'll one day break a toilet. It's yet to happen, but I always freak out when one wobbles. I think I'm more scared than ever!

Anyone else hate the toilets that are bolted to the wall, rather than mounted on the floor? Gah, I am always scared that not only will I break it, I'll break it by pulling it off the wall with my fabulous rear. In public. With an enormous crash.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #40
EllorionsDarlingAngel
Loving my lil Princess!

EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Red face This is a good topic...

**** I am a bad speller sorry****

Well*says this knocking on wood* I have never broken a toliet seat before. I have broken a car seat before. It was in 03' My friend and I were headed to a block party in Ft Myers, Fl for you floridians out that that know the area. Sentinial(sp I don't think I spelled that right... Oh well) Park. Well we were on the Edison Bridge. They had been moving an old house downtown that day and it had been raining. Well all came to a stop. Well the women behind us didn't see us stop and she hit us going up a slope in the bridge at 45 mph. I flew forward then back and blacked out. I came to with a burning sensation on my right arm and leg..Air bag..I said What the Fudge just happen. I was laying flat in the seat and there was a guy staring in the window at me asking me if I was ok. I was the passenger. My first accident. I was totally scared. Well my friend and I sat there daze for a few minutes then we felt the car kinda move backwards so I said put the parking brake on and we got out. It was a four car accident we were the second one in line. The women was driving an SUV Dodge Durango. We have an older model Toyota Tacoma in fornt of us which was half way up our hood. We were in a Mucury Sable. The women that hit us had her car out of the line off to the side which is Ileagal oh well what can you do. Then the last car in the line was a Toyota Corola. Well the chick that was drving the Corola said she never say the women in the Durango's brake lights, Until after they heard the boom. She hit us going 45mph with out braking. I still have back pain from that accident. My Step-Mom saw the windshield and started looking at my head there was a huge push out of the air bag in it.

Yeah sorry it was so long but that was the only chair I have broken. That was due to the forse of the accident throwing me forward then back. it was scary. I am still Jumpy to this day in a car. LOL Oh well...

Thank you reading!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:14 PM   #41
ChickletsBBW
Mostly a Voyeur :)

ChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessNoir
I've never broken anything but, it's a big fear of mine. Like someone else said, those white resin chairs, never, ever, ever in this lifetime will my tooshie meet one of those. Never. I won't sit on anything that looks bendable or too light. I'll do the pushing down with my hands test just to test how it might hold up. When my friends ask me to go out with them for dinner, drinks, etc. they all answer automatically, because they KNOW I'm going to ask, YES, it's fat girl friendly.

Just wanted to add, even though I'm new here, I already dig you guys just because you understand this kind of stuff.

totally agree as far as the friends thing lol ALL my friends know they should NEVER ask for a booth lol and the place should be fat friendly. Most of my gal friends are bbws but not all of them but usually they don't forget when I'm around
Old 07-22-2006, 02:11 AM   #42
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit
Anyone else hate the toilets that are bolted to the wall, rather than mounted on the floor? Gah, I am always scared that not only will I break it, I'll break it by pulling it off the wall with my fabulous rear. In public. With an enormous crash.
Yep. Although I'd like to add that this will be followed by water spraying out of the wall from the broken plumbing and me having to leave the bathroom soaking wet.

There were toilets like that in one of the buildings at the university I attended. They had to be 30 years old too. I never sat, only squatted and generally avoided going to the bathroom in that building. I swear I had scoped out all the bathrooms around campus and knew which ones were the fat friendly ones. Once I found one I would often go out of my way for it even if I didn't have a class in that building that quarter.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #43
bigwideland

bigwideland can now change their title
Default Chairs

I have broken, cracked the seat of a wooden chair like candy, I have done many plastic garden chairs and had many sounds from chairs that have made me fearful inparticular eatery chairs and street cafe chairs.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #44
nyssbbbw

nyssbbbw has said some nice things
Default Been there too

I have broken plenty of chairs from a dining room chair,folding chair,and lawn chair plus a few others.I've lost count on how many toilet seats i've broken as well.
nyssbbbw is offline   Reply With Quote