15 Pound Cheeseburger

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
All I can say is...doggie bag please!

In this Monday, Oct. 13, 2008 photo released by Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, Brad Sciullo of Uniontown, Pa., is seen before attempting to eat a 15-pound cheese burger with five-pounds of toppings including bun, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, mild banana peppers and a cup each of ketchup, mustard, relish, and mayonnaise at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Pa., Monday, Oct. 13, 2008. Sciullo finished the concoction in 4 hours and 39 minutes.

View attachment capt_56cd98d5c9e24099a5bd1c33e7625b17_big_burger_palc101.jpg

View attachment capt_c5e6a29d5e63499eb65ef48ad0b55371_big_burger_palc102.jpg

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I saw this pub, and the way that they make the burgers on a "places to eat" show on the food network. Those pics do not do that sandwich justice. It is HUGE. That guy must have a hollow leg. He also won himself a prize of 500 dollars, too, I believe (at least that is what they said on the show).

sugar and spice

I saw that too, I don't know how he did it. That guy probably went home and rolfed that all back up, I can't imagine anyone being able to keep all that in their stomach.:eek:

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
I saw that too, I don't know how he did it. That guy probably went home and rolfed that all back up, I can't imagine anyone being able to keep all that in their stomach.:eek:
LMAO! Look at the expression on his face in the second pic, I think it says it all! However, since he spent nearly five hours eating the thing, he'd probably partly digested half of it already! Of all of it, its the quantity of bread that I find the most offputting. So carby and filling! Is the actual meat patty 15lbs raw weight, or was that for the entire thing? Even the lettuce is that frilly tough stuff, shredded iceberg would have been easier. Cos, yeah that would have made all the difference :happy:

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
That is so freaking gross. Like, look at the second picture. UGH. It looks disgusting.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
My boss where I used to work was a small petite Asian woman. She said when she was younger she once "sprained her jaw" eating a local double decker hamburger called a "Double Double" (In-n-Out restaurant). I don' think she'd even attempt that burger!

LalaCity

I realize this isn't Hyde Park and I'm sorry to be Debbie Downer here for a minute, but I really HATE these competitive eating/overstuffing contests. People are starving throughout the world and I just find it obscene and utterly insensitive to stage these public gorging stunts.

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I realize this isn't Hyde Park and I'm sorry to be Debbie Downer here for a minute, but I really HATE these competitive eating/overstuffing contests. People are starving throughout the world and I just find it obscene and utterly insensitive to stage these public gorging stunts.
Actually, this is a dining establishment that specializes in burgers. I believe that they began with 1 and 3 lb. burgers and the customers challenged them to make larger ones, hence they made a 6 lb, 10 lb, 12 lb and finally the 15 lber. That particular burger is supposed to feed 6 people. The owner of the restaurant said that anyone who could eat that burger by themselves would not have to pay for their meal and would win 500 dollars. Its not a typical eating competition cos the only person that you are against is yourself (and I think the clock). When the show was on the food network they said that quite a few people try but they dont usually succeed. I personally think if they can pay for it--they should be able to do whatever they want. But I can also see your point. I know that I could not do that, and wouldn't want that to be my claim to fame in any way.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
My boss where I used to work was a small petite Asian woman. She said when she was younger she once "sprained her jaw" eating a local double decker hamburger called a "Double Double" (In-n-Out restaurant). I don' think she'd even attempt that burger!
I'm a cheeseburger-a-holic and even I wouldn't attempt that! It looks too obscene for my liking! :p

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I can has cheezb -- omgwtfbbqbaconcheezburger!!!111one-eleventy-leven!

-Rusty
Someone call the paramedics. I think Rusty just had a cheeseburger brain blip. *Checks Rusty for a pulse and only hears the sloshing of rootbeer in his veins*

BBWDREAMLOVER

The belly rules the mind.
In Remembrance
All I can say is...doggie bag please!

In this Monday, Oct. 13, 2008 photo released by Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, Brad Sciullo of Uniontown, Pa., is seen before attempting to eat a 15-pound cheese burger with five-pounds of toppings including bun, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, mild banana peppers and a cup each of ketchup, mustard, relish, and mayonnaise at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Pa., Monday, Oct. 13, 2008. Sciullo finished the concoction in 4 hours and 39 minutes.
Great post!! you made me super hungry ....two thumbs up to the guy not even I would that burger on WOOOO HOOOO!:eek::D

{{{{{{{{cHRISTAL}}}}}}}

Latest posts