"18-30 Stone Holidays"

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by Tad, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Oct 24, 2017 #1

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Folk from the UK might be able to comment on this more, but from a passing reference elsewhere followed by a quick web research, it seems that:

- Someone has built a new club been running a club for fat folk in the Caribbean. (has wider and stronger lounge chairs, reinforced beds, wider doorways, etc) *

- There are some clubs (marketed mostly in the UK? Maybe not) known as 'Club 18-30' for the age range that they accept.

- ITV in the UK was running a show tonight about this new fat friendly club, riffing on the 'Club 18-30' name to call the show '18-30 Stone Vacation.' The show was following a small cast of quite fat people visiting this club.

I guess the takeaways are that there is a new resort catering to fat people, and that on the UK there was a show featuring fat people at said resort. You can now either try to find the resort and see if it is somewhere you'd like to visit, or look for a streaming take on the show to perv on the people features, depending on your interests

(And ... we will see how long this resort survives. I forget what the previous such attempt was called, but I seem to recall it was rebranded within months. )

ETA: Read one more article to find that this is not a new club, but probably the one that made a splash years ago, just getting some new publicity? Original wording now in yellow, to show how far off the mark I was in my first take on this. Most of the coverage is about the show, not the resort.

2. Oct 25, 2017 #2

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Can't say I've heard of this but then I don't have a tv so that might explain that.

Not gonna lie, that sounds like a fantastic place for an FA to have a vacation. Are you allowed to visit if you bring your own fatty with you? :p

3. Oct 25, 2017 #3

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA

Sounds like an awesome place if I could ever afford a Caribbean vacation:(

traceg likes this.
  4. Oct 25, 2017 #4
  5. Oct 25, 2017 #5

Ned Sonntag

Ned Sonntag

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

this seems to be showing up mostly on Murdoch statios and papers:rolleyes:

6. Oct 26, 2017 #6

HereticFA

HereticFA

HereticFA

Hopefully it's better facilitated than the Freedom Paradise resort that was tried in Mexico in the early 2000's. It takes more than bigger furniture added to an average hotel to make a good environment for fat folks.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  7. Oct 29, 2017 #7

ecogeek

ecogeek

ecogeek

I have been looking for any plus size holidays lately. Cruises/trips etc...after hearing this on tv. I looked it up, it is a place called "The Resort" but quite confusing, as you pay a flat fee for 16,800$/6 days/2-20something guests. So I guess you rent out the whole place? I don't know. It confuses me. I just want some fat holidays where I can dress how I want and not worry about my husband fighting someone because an asian is taking my picture again for lols. I guess on the plus side, if you found 20 people willing to pay 800ish each, it would be a sweet holiday!

8. Oct 29, 2017 #8

fuelingfire

fuelingfire

fuelingfire

I saw an article on this just a day or two ago. Love the idea, but getting 16.8k together, hard pass.

9. Dec 3, 2017 #9

TeaWithJasmine

TeaWithJasmine

TeaWithJasmine

^^^ This ^^^

Hotels really need to think about bathrooms and beds more when it comes to bigger customers. Sun loungers, resturant chairs and whatnot as well, definitely, but it's not that simple. Personally, if I had the money, I'd all seriousness *love* to open a fat friendly, LGBTQI friendly (and pet friendly, dammit!) holiday park :D

10. Dec 14, 2017 #10

nugget34

nugget34

nugget34