Quantcast

2008 Best Holiday "Gifts" and Gifts

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Everyone I know is feeling the financial pinch (or kick in the stomach in some cases) and has cut back on money spent on Christmas or Hanukkah gifts this year and in some cases, did away with exchanging gifts all together. More thought and creativity (and bargain shopping) has definitely been in order for most of us, so I'm asking all:

What "gifts" - and I mean whatever you gave, bought, made, or did for someone - meant the most to you to give or were most appreciated by the receiver this year?

AND

What "gifts" did you receive that meant the most to you?

Whether the new iPhone you bought yourself has you smiling ear to ear or you shoveled the drive of an elderly neighbor making their day, lets hear about it!

Bonus points for photos!

Ruffie

Well so far as its just Christmas Eve here I enjoyed the following.
From my adopted son and daughter in law. Homemade pizza's (shes an amazing cook). And each and everyday over the past week she sent to work with him a great snack. Hummus, cheese balls, home made salsa, bean dip and soup. I think I gained 5lbs!
Another friend made us a cookie tray on a beautiful tray she brought back from Victoria BC.
One of my Junior staff came to work one day with a Cafe Mocha and a blueberry bagel from Tim Hortons saying Merry Christmas!
And the staff got together and pitched in some money and got me a gift card for groceries. We get paid our entire salary on 15th of December and with Christmas it doesn't take long to run yourself short. SO that will come in handy.

I am hoping that things will come together to have drinks with the girls this weekend, visiting with other friends over the holidays and that mom will attempt to come over(afraid she can't do the three stairs into the house) tomorrow. Those are the kind of things that make Christmas for me. Time with people I love!
Ruth

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
*Bump*

My husband and I had our gift exchange last night. I was delighted that he was delighted to receive a polar fleece robe from me. It was quite self serving of me to give this to him because we've been in a constant battle over the thermostat these last few weeks. He's always cold. Now he will be warm and I won't have to suffer with the stuffy, dry air quite as much. He gave me earrings I love (love, love, love, love, love) from RedVelvet's Etsy shop. We exchanged a few other small, fun items. It was pretty great.

My best gift was knowing a friend of mine was alive and well after receiving a card and letter in the mail from her yesterday after more than a year without contact. My last two letters went unanswered and her last one mentioned she had been ill and in the hospital. She's older, does not do email and her English isn't the best. We met when I was in college and she was in the US w/her husband who was here for six months for business. We have essentially been snail mail penpals ever since she returned to Japan 18 years ago. I had no idea if her husband would think to contact me if something happened, but all is well. Thank goodness.

Latest posts