2009 NFL Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

daddyoh70

DYELB?
I think we have the sexiest NFL fans here period :wubu: :wubu:
Awww shucks :blush:, thanks Tony :D:D:D

On another note, been kind of busy lately and haven't been here to take the beatings as they come in. Glad to see Nancy finally made it to the party.
Yet another interesting week of football.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Awww shucks :blush:, thanks Tony :D:D:D

On another note, been kind of busy lately and haven't been here to take the beatings as they come in. Glad to see Nancy finally made it to the party.
Yet another interesting week of football.
LOL ... start betting no blushing :blush: ....

I do have a pending bet with your Eagles Buddy- Spanky on the 2nd Giant/Eagles game..... see the earlier post (from 10/22 -10/23)....

Archangel

Winged Author
I hear you Tony, even my Fantasy teams have been underachieving. Sunday's have turned into Yell at the TV day :)

cold comfort

i have no idea how it happened but ... zwebsipoo got me to actually BET ON THE CLEVELAND BROWNS WINNING earlier today.

so obviously.

i lost.

and i hate everything colored orange. fuck the color orange.

WHY GOD. WHY AM I FROM CLEVELAND. WHY DID I GROW UP A BROWNS FAN. I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT NO MO'. :doh:

... being on this thread depresses me.

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
i have no idea how it happened but ... zwebsipoo got me to actually BET ON THE CLEVELAND BROWNS WINNING earlier today.

so obviously.

i lost.

WHY GOD. WHY AM I FROM CLEVELAND. WHY DID I GROW UP A BROWNS FAN. I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT NO MO'. :doh:

O

MY

GAWD!!

The Browns LOST?? :D

Yeah, that was a royal ass kicking. I hope we all get a nice picture of you to remember you by. You never come by anymores.........:(

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
ATTENTION JINTS FANS.

YOU CURRENTLY HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF LOSSES AS THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES FOOTBALL TEAM. and the Clownboys.

SEE YA'LL IN PHILLY NEXT WEEK TO EVEN THE SCORE.

YA AIN'T ALL THAT NOW ARE YA?

Hello? HELLO? Jints fans? :D

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
ATTENTION JINTS FANS.

YOU CURRENTLY HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF LOSSES AS THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES FOOTBALL TEAM. and the Clownboys.

SEE YA'LL IN PHILLY NEXT WEEK TO EVEN THE SCORE.

YA AIN'T ALL THAT NOW ARE YA?

Hello? HELLO? Jints fans? :D
Now Spanks doesn't your team play the Redskins tommorrow ... you know anything can happen there.

Hmm what a trio (Giants- Cowboys - Eagles) plenty of smackdown to go around... now this is when the season starts to get interesting

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
*weeps* Someone hold me!
Gives NancyGirl a GIANT Hug - Sends evil Glare :mad: to any Iggles fan that comes near her....

Today's Appetizer.... NY Yankees are in the WS :happy:

Iggles fan still have Monday Night to worry about

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
Now Spanks doesn't your team play the Redskins tommorrow ... you know anything can happen there.

Hmm what a trio (Giants- Cowboys - Eagles) plenty of smackdown to go around... now this is when the season starts to get interesting
Spanks would it be possible for me have even less respect for your Ickles than I already do? We'll see tomorrow night.

:really sad: I know Nancy, I know. :really sad:

luvembig

Please, don't jinx us. Last thing I need right about now is a Philthy Pigeon win at FedEx........

mszwebs

For The WIN.

so obviously.

i lost.

You love me and you know it. :batting:

Fonzy

I'd like to be able to pretend to understand the NFL and contribute to this thread in a meaningful or sarcastic way that others would appreciate, especially after the run down Webbzy gave me the other night! Buuuuuuuuuuttttt, why doesn't every state have it's own team? Then there would be plenty of rivalries!!! I still cant understand why a team (Dallas Cowboys) is playing against teams on the far east coast! By the way Tony, the rules seems completely silly, wasn't some guy "done" for celebrating after making an interception recently.

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
I'd like to be able to pretend to understand the NFL and contribute to this thread in a meaningful or sarcastic way that others would appreciate, especially after the run down Webbzy gave me the other night! Buuuuuuuuuuttttt, why doesn't every state have it's own team? Then there would be plenty of rivalries!!! I still cant understand why a team (Dallas Cowboys) is playing against teams on the far east coast! By the way Tony, the rules seems completely silly, wasn't some guy "done" for celebrating after making an interception recently.
Fonzy, when the Cowgirls entered the league back in the early 60s, the open spot to put them was the NFC East. Why? Probably because it had one less team or the other teams had too many in that regional division. But in that time, a couple of things happened, in a league of old school teams, NY Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins and St. Louis Cardinals (before they moved to Arizona), not many had had much long term success. By the time the Super Bowl era occurred in 1966, the Cowboys were a strong and becoming dominant team, dare I say the future "America's Team". They proceeded to go to SB 5, 6 (WIN), 10, 12 (WIN), and 13 BEFORE ANY of the other old school teams in the division even made it.

I mean Tony will cringe when I say this, but the Eagles were the FIRST NFC East team to even go to the Super Bowl without the name Cowboys, Super Bowl 15. In that time of the late 60s and all of the 70s, Dallas romped in the NFC and especially NFC East. They dominated the other teams. They showboated, they flaunted. They came into our stadiums and wiped up while showing us their asses. The hate grew. Dallas also represented the new America in the 70s. Rich oil, new economy while NY, Philly, Washington and St.Louis (though in the Midwest) were rusting and old in a constant state of stagflation/inflation and recession.

From 1980 on, the Giants and Redskins finally made their mark while the "Boys" continued to rule. Only in the late 80s for a few years and half of the 90s and all of the 00s have the Cowboys been rendered human as a franchise.

The reason they were not moved is this. That seething hatred for that team and what they represent and represented, the memories of the swashbuckling arrogance, translated into and still translates into the LARGEST MEDIA MARKET in the US (Philly, Washington, NYC) all tuning into anything where their team played Dallas. It means Huge revenue, TV ratings and continued interest across the NFL. Dallas-Philly, Dallas-NY and Dallas-Washington games are usually the highest rated games solely because the biggest NFL populations are interested in watching. There is no team I will root against when they are playing Dallas. Maybe if playoffs are on the line for my team I will waver, but I need a hot shower later on for how dirty I feel. :D

Again, I speak as a Philadelphia Eagles fan circa 1974-75. It has been an ugly stretch for me. Prime time to learn to hate the Cowboys and the worst time for finding any success in the franchise. But I do not care. Stay with your team. When they finally win, it is that much more real and sweeter.

I know, Zwebbin-steiny-pants could have 'splained this all in 4 sentences.

I hope it makes some sense. :)

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado

Hi Fonzy:

The NFL wasn't too happy about the celebrating of completed plays by athletes. It wasn't done in earlier periods (inception of Pro Football- to
late 60's) the mindset of the athletes at that time "This is what you are getting paid to do"...

The celebration think exploded during the 70's -90's ;but, is frowned upon today....

Top 10 NFL Celebration You will Never See Again

Best NFL Dances

Trivia Question for you NFL Fans... Name the 1st Football Player to Spike the Ball in the Endzone after a Touchdown

Latest posts